Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 01-04-2011, 16:50   #31

Boat: Couch Potato
Re: Changing the Name of a Boat

Well i do not believe in that shy.e but having said that my boat renaming ceremony(if it involves any color turd in it is definitely going to involve the ceremony..

..Oh mighty and great ruler of the seas and oceans, to whom all ships and we who venture upon your vast domain are required to pay homage.. (if needed i can post the entire thing)

Although the idea by Lowcountry is not bad at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcountry View Post
Nah, no problems with changing the name of a boat. All you have to do is take the old lettering off, sink the boat, re-float it and put the new lettering on. Simple!

On a side note is there any sense in naming something like this?

http://www.sailingtexas.com/Pics/piclaser104e.jpg

As for the name of the boat "Purple Rain-y Turd?"

Old 01-04-2011, 17:18   #32

Sir Francis Drake had no problems with changing the name of his vessel from Pelican to Golden Hind mid way.....

I believe a boat must be respected and maintained... so she can bring you good luck...

Ezzy,

Old 02-04-2011, 12:48   #33

Boat: Gemini 105MC 34 ft hull#753

I believe a boat must be respected and maintained... so she can bring you good luck...

Ezzy,[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

Next week we'll find vergin pee and seriously do the renaming of our sailing vessel origionally named sv 'HELL NINO' for the first 9 years. It took anout a month of asking several mexican's what the name ment sence I don't speek mexican and 'hell child' was the best answer I could get. I think it is time for our catamaran to grow up and be called sv 'We Be Jammin' especially with carring . We got the coast guard document for the new name a month a go, but it's been either too cold or too breezy to work on removing the old name, we have removed all signs of the old name including removing the old documentation and tomorrow we'll remove the painted on name and prep (clean the sides of the hulls ) to get ready for the new name to go on. On April 16 were having a bunch (about 20 ) shanty singers and friends to christen our boat and sence we have 2 hulls we'll use 2 bottles of champaine on the boat and heavy on the libations for the singers and friends who show up.

As far as doing our maintance I've added a 5208 Garmin chartplotter, radar, XM radio/weather, windless & 200 ft of chain rode & 35lb CQR anchor, dingy davit/ couch hammock, a new 420 sf screecher head sail, batteries and battery charger, VHF radio, AM-FM CD player. My wife got her a Sailrite sewing machine and is making new main sail cover and interior upholstory. I really think our catamaran will look like another much updated boat anyway.

Some one told me instead of alcohol libations to twist up a big legal PERSCRIPTION fatty snd smoke it all while doing the denaming cermony with the virgin pee. I guess Neptune likes his virgine pee with a puff, especially legally.
Old 02-04-2011, 20:25   #34

Boat: Cal 29

Next week we'll find vergin pee and seriously do the renaming of our sailing vessel origionally named sv 'HELL NINO' for the first 9 years. It took anout a month of asking several mexican's what the name ment sence I don't speek mexican and 'hell child' was the best answer I could get.

I speak a little mexican and I think hell is more like conjo.
So, it's conjo nino or more likely nino conjo. The use of the English "Hell" and the mexican "Nino" adds an element of mystery. No?

Some one told me instead of alcohol libations to twist up a big legal PERSCRIPTION fatty snd smoke it all while doing the denaming cermony with the virgin pee. I guess Neptune likes his virgine pee with a puff, especially legally.[/QUOTE]

Virgin p sounds like a new cottage indusrty. Who'll know?

The fatty doesn't diminish the taste of the u-rine but you don't care as much.
Old 02-04-2011, 23:41   #35

Boat: Tartan 34C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgzzzz View Post
The use of the English "Hell" and the mexican "Nino" adds an element of mystery. No?
Si.

Juan
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30   #36

Boat: Gemini 105MC 34 ft hull#753

The 'mexican name' mistery will be off our boat today . I've been told to use oven cleaner to remove the painted on name by the sign guy that is making our new name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: