Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2011, 07:41   #16

Boat: 48 Californian
Re: Bumfuzzles are on the move and sailing

" lest it reveal my priggishness"

Too late.
Vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 08:06   #17
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
No one advertises my website for me. Maybe the 57 NUDE photos of HOT Cruisin' chicks isn't enough?
Hmm, looks like sombody removed the 57 nude photos and the elephant does not count.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:46   #18
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

How do you guys feel about offshore around SF with a woman who's 7 months preggers? Not trying to be down on them, just wondering what people think of that....
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 08:53   #19

Boat: Island Packet 380

I have been an avid reader of the Bum's since the beginning and still reading. I appauld them for their conviction and being willing to say "this is who I am" and in fact share that with the world, critics or not. Not all of us would approach things they way they do, but so what. I read their blog with great interest because they are different than I am. Gives a great perspective from another point of view. I will keep reading and wish Pat and Ali well. Go Bums!!
Old 28-05-2011, 09:08   #20

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
How do you guys feel about offshore around SF with a woman who's 7 months preggers? Not trying to be down on them, just wondering what people think of that....
Pregnancy is not an illness. I was touring, lifting sound equipment and keeping long hours while pregnant with my daughter. She was born healthy and I was in great shape.

They'll do just fine.
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 09:12   #21
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
Speaks volumes on judgement, but it is a free country. Wish 'em luck.
Old 28-05-2011, 09:16   #22

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Thanks for that.

Its funny that some folks court controversy and some just slide on through.

No one advertises my website for me. Maybe the 57 NUDE photos of HOT Cruisin' chicks isn't enough?

Mark
For another very interesting web site of a RTW in a .... hold on now, this may shock some people,... a Bene! Great seeing different perspectives.
Old 28-05-2011, 09:25   #23

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Actually isnt the commode what you sit on, and the head is the room? Or did I just take the whole thing out of context and just embarrassed myself...
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 09:34   #24

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Speaks volumes on judgement, but it is a free country. Wish 'em luck.
I remember when my daughter was pregnant with my first grandchild, and she went jogging, cross-country skiing and even hiking up a mountain at 7 months.

I expressed some concern to my son-in-law about this, and he looked at me and said, " She's pregnant, not sick!".

Said daughter went jogging 5 miles in mountains (they lived in Jasper at the time), and 2 days later, had my healthy, 9 lb baby grandson.

Although no longer in Jasper, she just had my second grandson, and still jogged or cross country skied up until a week before the birth.

Yes, they are off shore, and they are not really talking about their route, but right now they are coastal along CA. If they are home birthing, I suspect all the ultrasounds etc show a healthy development. If not, I would guess they have a plan.

So far they have shown all the nay sayers to judge them wrong.

I love their story... it would not be my story, but nevertheless, as someone else said, rather than talking about it, their doing iti. I learned reams about their refit of the old Spindrift.
Old 28-05-2011, 09:58   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
I remember when my daughter was pregnant with my first grandchild, and she went jogging, cross-country skiing and even hiking up a mountain at 7 months.

I expressed some concern to my son-in-law about this, and he looked at me and said, " She's pregnant, not sick!".

Said daughter went jogging 5 miles in mountains (they lived in Jasper at the time), and 2 days later, had my healthy, 9 lb baby grandson.

Although no longer in Jasper, she just had my second grandson, and still jogged or cross country skied up until a week before the birth.

Yes, they are off shore, and they are not really talking about their route, but right now they are coastal along CA. If they are home birthing, I suspect all the ultrasounds etc show a healthy development. If not, I would guess they have a plan.

So far they have shown all the nay sayers to judge them wrong.

I love their story... it would not be my story, but nevertheless, as someone else said, rather than talking about it, their doing iti. I learned reams about their refit of the old Spindrift.
I too;read the Bumfuzzle's blog and loved it. I see myself in the story. When(if) I get a boat I have to hurry and get going,"cause i don't have 20 years left to "learn" how to sail. Got a lot of sea miles; just not on a sailboat. Anyone with a lot of sea miles knows that it is an ever changing thing. None of us has all the answers,and if we did it would be boring, like driving down the freeway.
Nusailr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 11:21   #26

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'

Women have been having children for thousand's of years. So now the Bumfuzzle's can't have a another child, what a sin.

It's not like Ca. doesn't have hospitals, or Mexico if they go that far.
What if you break a leg or back at sea, same thing.
Unicorn Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 11:41   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi

Technically think the head is the area not the hardware. The bathrooms on sailing ships were at the bow of the boat (head). Since the square rigged boats sailed mostly with the wind abeam or aft they located the toilets there where the odor would be carried away from the boat on most points of sail.

Haven't followed the Bumfuzzles but got curious what all the excitement was about. Began reading their current blog and found it readable and entertaining. They may have started off as a couple of clueless kids with too much money. Now they seem to be somewhat less clueless but still have the sense of adventure and escitement in finding new surrounding and challenges. He seems pretty forthright in their shortcomings for the purist but willing to tackle a new adventure head on. Sure there are going to be the naysayers about sailing off with Ali so far gone but we did it and for a much longer passage. Don't know that I'll continue to follow them but it wasn't a waste of time reading their blog. Just wish he'd use the right terms for kitchen and bathroom.
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 12:29   #28

Boat: Lagoon 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsailing View Post
I have been an avid reader of the Bum's since the beginning and still reading. I appauld them for their conviction and being willing to say "this is who I am" and in fact share that with the world, critics or not. Not all of us would approach things they way they do, but so what. I read their blog with great interest because they are different than I am. Gives a great perspective from another point of view. I will keep reading and wish Pat and Ali well. Go Bums!!
Pretty much same as I was going to say. I've enjoyed reading these guys since somewhere half way through their RTW. The world would be so boring, and much worse off, if everyone lived their life and thought the same way. Best of Luck to the Bum family!
krafthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 12:46   #29

Boat: Catalina 42'

I'm sure Pat will continue to use the terms he prefers in his writings. Please keep in mind that bumfuzzle is but a personal diary that we get to peruse. I admire Pat and his family and appreciate his efforts to continue to make his blog public (in spite of criticism).
alaskamountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 13:04   #30

Boat: Beneteau 41S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamountainman View Post
I'm sure Pat will continue to use the terms he prefers in his writings. Please keep in mind that bumfuzzle is but a personal diary that we get to peruse. I admire Pat and his family and appreciate his efforts to continue to make his blog public (in spite of criticism).
97fxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing