Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2008, 00:10   #1

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Bring Back Wheels

Bring back Mr Wheeler!!
Old 13-07-2008, 00:14   #2

Boat: Designing a global explorer (full keel & steel)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
Bring back Mr Wheeler!!
I second that!
Old 13-07-2008, 00:18   #3

Did I miss something?? Did he go somewhere??
Old 13-07-2008, 00:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Did I miss something?? Did he go somewhere??
The good man was crucified over a certain thread
Old 13-07-2008, 01:22   #5
Armchair Bucketeer

B#gger - I always miss the good stuff
Old 13-07-2008, 01:31   #6

Boat: now floating easy37
thats a bit sad to hear i think he did a top job, was a bit passionate about some things like the bumfuzzles but was always very friendly he only lacked a catamaran. i hope its only temporary like sean sullivan
sean
Old 13-07-2008, 01:52   #7

what thread?
Old 13-07-2008, 02:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
what thread?
Mate, a thread that was shut down recently about town moorings.

Rumour has it there was an argument amongst some people & the good man had few options. He's not logged on here since 7 July 2008.

For God so loved the world..........He could not replace Wheels.

(click pic to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheels_profile_03.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	4324
Old 13-07-2008, 02:14   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
An Email to Alan Wheeler, encouraging his return, might be useful.
Tell Wheels how much you, and everyone, misses his presence on the CruisersForum.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...eeler-502.html

Old 13-07-2008, 02:25   #10

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'
To put it simply, MR. WHEELER made an honest comment about a thread being the stupidest comment ever made on this forum. Everybody that read the thread probably would agree with that comment. The thread went thusly, has been simplified to save space
Mr Joe owns a big house, a lot of property, and a $400k boat, what does the value have to do with anything..I digress, anyway, he as a tax paying citizen, a local member of the public, moors his boat at the local mooring field all year long and that way leaves dock space available for everyone else...IS THIS RIGHT for him to do.. i.e. makes this the srupidest question posted on this forum
Old 13-07-2008, 02:47   #11

Santana,

It is my understanding that the “post” you refer to is what sparked the argument amongst “the others”.

I do note that he came back with another post that wasn't like the first - yet I'm not sure whether or not it helped the situation.
Old 13-07-2008, 02:52   #12

Boat: 52' Irwin Ketch
He was right. Honesty if the best policy. Come on, Mr. Wheeler, come back. We miss your insight . . .
Old 13-07-2008, 03:25   #13

Boat: Lotus 10.6
This site has lost a good contributor if Wheels stays away and will be the poorer for it.
Old 13-07-2008, 03:29   #14

is there a time out on posting?....cant be bothered doing it again. preci of 300 words +.......fact is the site is turning into a whole pile of " i would like to cruise" people, and losing all the, "I have cruised and am willing to share with you my experiences." There are many who are notable by their absence. This is creating a very distorted picture of cruising.
Ok new guys with questions, talk amongst yourselves. Or perhaps get served up a google answer or two./ Lets throw in politics and money.....What the hell happened to the importance of sailing?
New person scans through the topics of discussion and decides cruising is not for them....after all the most debated topics are....The site is losing its relevance. It is becoming a chat line....Blunt perhaps...Over to you Andy....Quantity or quality.. cruising site?
Old 13-07-2008, 03:45   #15
cruiser

I didn't know that!!

Oh boy... I didn't know that Wheels departed over such a small thing. He said he didn't mean it that way, so I believed him and thought nothing more of it.

I assumed it was just a cultural thing and/or a "Kiwi English vs. American English" misunderstanding.

Wheels, it's not a big deal. I didn't read the rest of that thread thanks to all the jerks posting on it, but your post was certainly not anything to get worried about.

Don't listen to all those hotheads in that thread who took it so far from the original question - a question posed by me to verify some local anger over the situation.

If I'm not worried about the "stupidest post ever" comment, then you shouldn't be either.

Your comments and contributions are greatly needed here. I've benefited a lot from your insight.

But.. alas... we all need a break from here from time to time. My wife laughs at this forum, saying it's like a bunch of old ladies gossiping and getting into fights playing Majong. So, I do understand your need for a break. Come back when you are ready.
Closed Thread