Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2009, 18:23   #76

Boat: 1989 Carver Santego 3067 - BADFISH
Send a message via AIM to BadFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
At least 2009 will bring a Superbowl trophy to Pittsburg!
Cam, you are a good man.

Best 10 words in this whole thread!!!

Cheers

Bill

Old 21-01-2009, 18:28   #77

Boat: PETERSON 44
You may like or dislike the latest elected official. It is how ever amazing to witness the peaceful transfer of leadership. Both parties showed eloquence and as a nation I saw us come together not agreeing on all but hopeful determined and agreeable for some form of change.Although we cannot all agree on the form that it takes we do need to alter our course.
The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. You may sail a multi hull and joe sails a mono I sail both we are all sailors.

Old 21-01-2009, 18:50   #78
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop
Global Euphoria

I'm 47 years old and I cannot remember seeing a world embrace of the American leader remotely similar to Obama. We are living in a global community--cruisers moreso than landfolk--and it is remarkably refreshing to feel that we have a leader that the world acknowledges as being a good man and progressive thinker.
Old 21-01-2009, 20:12   #79

Boat: Newport MKII 30 - Solution
I thank all those from foreign countries for their support of the U.S. as well as those who live within the U.S. who are at least open-minded. JFK was the last breath of political fresh air I can remember. Make no mistake, this man IS different than what we've seen in a long while. He shows NO sign of serious pathology! Clean clear mental health without any Personality Disorders. What I like about sailboats I like in him: freedom from limiting encomberences.
Old 21-01-2009, 20:19   #80

Boat: 1998 Beneteau 352, 35', "Obsession"
Is it hope or hype? Only time can tell. Roosevelt's huge government programs did not end the Great Depression, it took World War II to do that, but they did buy 40+ years of fanatically loyal Democrat voters. Are we about to see New Deal II? I hope not, but with all the fawning of the press, I fear we are.
Old 21-01-2009, 20:23   #81
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Modified Choate 40
Just a glimmer of hope!

So far, that's all he has brought to the US of A. The market dropped 300 points the next morning after the party.

"Follow the money", that's what it'll all be about. The terrorists, banks and white collar crooks are what has brought the world economy down! As well, the touch of the tree huggers, poop scoopers and stream dippers has had their hand in the pot too. And now the weather nerds are trying to put the brakes on progress.

All we can do now is sit back and watch for a while but as things go, there can't be much more trounce without a full blown world war or somebody dropping the A-bomb. Not much room to look, except up.

But I do hope he succeeds for the sake of world peace and stability!
.........................................._/)
(\_.....................
........._/)
(\_...

Unprepared boaters, end up as floatsum!.......
Old 22-01-2009, 03:02   #82

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'
I hope he works out, but makes me wonder about his saving money when he just wasted $160,000,000.00 on a party for his friends//
Old 22-01-2009, 04:22   #83
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
The vociferous misrepresentation of the “estimated” costs of his recent inauguration doesn’t bode well for President Barack Obama’s relationship with the right-wing media, and those of the public who accept such blatant propaganda.

If the same cost factors are accounted (including security & clean-up), it will likely turn out that Obama’ inauguration will have cost LESS to accommodate over 2 million attendees, than Bush’s did to accommodate about 1/4 million attendees.

I encourage everyone to think critically about what they are told, and to seek multiple sources of factual information and alternative opinions (and to discern the difference between them).

Old 22-01-2009, 05:13   #84

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'
well I guess obama's people shouldn't quote those figures then, and i'll bet those 2 million people didn't get one bite of that high dollar food either. and I did vote for him. he's just not impressing me the way he's starting out
Old 22-01-2009, 05:41   #85

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
You may like or dislike the latest elected official. It is how ever amazing to witness the peaceful transfer of leadership. Both parties showed eloquence and as a nation I saw us come together not agreeing on all but hopeful determined and agreeable for some form of change.Although we cannot all agree on the form that it takes we do need to alter our course.
The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. You may sail a multi hull and joe sails a mono I sail both we are all sailors.

Wish I could say the same for Al Franken. It would've been better to see that election put back to the people instead of the lawyers.
Old 22-01-2009, 05:45   #86
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Smooth talk and action are two different things. So far just yet another lawyer in Washington full of the former and no evidence of the later. But he is our president and I wish him well. The honey moon period is a great time for new presidential promises usually not kept. Let us see if the mods will allow a re-visit to this subject six months from now when Barack owns the presidency and can no longer blame the countries troubles on Bush.
Old 22-01-2009, 05:47   #87

Boat: Morgan 44 - Alert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
well I guess obama's people shouldn't quote those figures then, and i'll bet those 2 million people didn't get one bite of that high dollar food either. and I did vote for him. he's just not impressing me the way he's starting out
Wow, one day in office and he disappointed you already?

President Barack Obama's first public act in office Wednesday was to institute new limits on lobbyists in his White House and to freeze the salaries of high-paid aides, in a nod to the country's economic turmoil.
Halting the military tribunal process at Guantánamo Bay.
Phoning Arab leaders to discuss the Mideast situation.
Embracing openness and an end to “secrecy.”
Meeting with top military advisers to plan the Iraq drawdown and the reboot of the Afghanistan war.

Sounds like a full day to me.

http://lat43north.blogspot.com
Old 22-01-2009, 05:48   #88

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
and I did vote for him. he's just not impressing me the way he's starting out
It seems that some of his promises may have lost there steam after his security briefing. When you learn the whole picture as only the president sees it, reality sets in. Most conservatives will be relieved by this reality check but some liberals may feel disenfranchised by it.

For the sake of our country and the world I do wish the man well. Hopefully all of us that cling to our guns and Bibles will say a prayer for him.

PS Joe Biden makes a wonderful life insurance policy doesn't he?
Old 22-01-2009, 05:51   #89

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Quote:
Let us see if the mods will allow a re-visit to this subject six months from now when Barack owns the presidency and can no longer blame the countries troubles on Bush.
He He He Ha Ha Ha . Thanks for a good early morning laugh.
Old 22-01-2009, 05:58   #90

Boat: Morgan 44 - Alert
He just got into office. He's probably still looking for the copier, and an outlet to plug in his blackberry! Geez.

http://lat43north.blogspot.com
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: