Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2017, 01:47   #16

Boat: 2005, Dufour 38.5
Re: Young liveaboard cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
For sure. My friends and I will happily sit in a bar and converse with older generations, hell one of my buddies was in his mid 70s, but as you say for teens that is probably pretty boring.

When I've met cruisers with teens, the teens would happily go drinking with people in their 20s and 30s though.

Got to be hard if you're a teen. You want to play sports everyday, chase girls or boys, explore abandoned buildings, experiment with drugs and alcohol, get chased by police, get in a little trouble, and all that jazz. None of which is particularly easy on a boat.
Still be in lefkada early march mikedefieslife ?
Ill be due for a coldie up at the irish bar out there !
Ausluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 06:18   #17

Location: Boat in Preveza Greece, awaiting our next trip, we are based Sunshine Coast Australia
Boat: Jeanneau SunFast 43
Send a message via Skype™ to OzDean

Hello AusLuke, we left our boat in Preveza in October at the Ionion Marine yard, after sailing across from Antalya Turkey, we are based in Australia, plan to be back in Preveza June 2018. Hello Mikedefieslife, we are 20 years on from you and cruising with our teenage kids, we occasionally still visit night clubs and the like, but not the allnighters that seem like yesterday, Good luck, Cheers
OzDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 07:18   #18

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Well Lefkada is pretty bad, as the weather is consistently terrible there nothing to do here but drink. A fair few nights I've got in past 6am which as then hampered my boat work.

Porto's €4.5 for 1l wine on a Monday, then hanging with the guys in the Irish bar doesn't help.

No doubt you guys will see me round, though as soon as my boat is fixed up to scratch and the weather is good enough I'm off (hopefully).
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 07:22   #19

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

I'm a live-aboard in The Netherlands (Holland) with my girlfriend on a Beneteau Oceanis 430. I'm 31, she is 26. 1.5 more years of saving and tinkering and we (hopefully) will be ready to set sail to the med/carribean for as far as our savings get us .
Tjurd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, liveaboard