Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2018, 09:25   #16

Boat: Islander 37
Re: Winter Moorage in Puget Sound

I said it before, moved from skyline to semiahmoo good cost savings, liveaboard, security good access to Canada ,all islands Victoria in one sail set. only drawback I don't have to go anywhere and I am where I want to be. Fair winds
patrick brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 14:17   #17

Boat: Jeanneau 43DS

This is a bit of an old thread, but topical as it's something I'm looking into now too - and wondering if anyone has any newer info?

Finding intermediate term to long-term moorage (not transient nightly) is getting quite tricky in the Puget Sound area. Many marinas are at capacity and have 1 year+ waitlists. They all have different rules and systems, so mostly you just have to call or email them all (which is quite time consuming). I might post a list of my findings on our blog at some point.

Generally the more desirable the marina's location, the more likely it is to be full and higher priced. Not surprising. If you're content being in a remote location without much nearby, your options are more plentiful.

So far I've found these marinas are full / near capacity for 35-40': Anacortes Cap Sante, Shilshole, Anacortes Marina, Bellingham Squalicum, Port Townsend Boat Haven.

All these may have subleases (except Cap Sante which doesn't permit it) but that can be tricky to obtain. Some I know that generally do have availability are: Everett, Kingston, EBM (Elliott Bay marina).
Tessellate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 14:32   #18

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Swantown in Olympia does a winter special on the hard.
I believe October - March.
pdxsailordiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 12:56   #19

Boat: Beneteau 461

We did the Swantown (Olympia) on the hard last winter. Fantastic rates and they allow DIY boat work. So if bottom work is on your list, this is a good option. They don’t allow full time lifeaboard in the yard, but we stayed 3-4 nights each week doing work with no issues.
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puget sound