I lived aboard for many years and never felt any negative vibes. To the contrary I was thanked by harbormasters when I did things like subdue a furling
headsail that came loose in a blow. The last American marina I lived aboard in was Marina Village in Alameda, California
. The harbormaster at the time was Allan Weaver and he always had a friendly word and a smile when I saw him. If anyone is feeling hated by marina management, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is my boat generally clean and presentable, or more of an eyesore?
2. Do I have crap strewn all over my boat or on the docks?
3. Is my boat usable?
4. Do I make use of the pumpout facilities or engage a service
to pump out my holding tank
5. Do I pay my slip rent on time?
6. Am I a quiet and considerate neighbor?