Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 20-08-2012, 17:58   #46

Boat: Watkins 29'
Re: What has happened to Living Aboard forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
Robin3, 'glad to see you here. I would hope that CaptRob, Jaxfishgyd, CapTim, Jim on Skylark, Tex, Dr. Theopolis, Pistarckle, Bobbymo, JustaTinch, Sea Eagle,Durian, Rondebop, K8uet and others would make at least a single post here so they could be contacted. It would be easy to "colonize" here for a bit before all these friends fade into cyberspace!
Mike checking in... Actually been here for a while.
I miss the livingaboard forum too, glad to see everybody trickling in

Old 21-08-2012, 11:37   #47

Boat: Californian 45ft ACMY
Thumbs up Re: What has happened to Living Aboard forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
Robin3, 'glad to see you here. I would hope that CaptRob, Jaxfishgyd, CapTim, Jim on Skylark, Tex, Dr. Theopolis, Pistarckle, Bobbymo, JustaTinch, Sea Eagle,Durian, Rondebop, K8uet and others would make at least a single post here so they could be contacted. It would be easy to "colonize" here for a bit before all these friends fade into cyberspace!
I am here now .......nice to see my former L/A friends here too. Will be updating my profile shortly....... Mo

Old 21-08-2012, 12:27   #48

Boat: 43' Hatteras CPMY
Re: What has Happened to Living Aboard Forum ?

Bobby's here ???
there goes the neighborhood..
Old 21-08-2012, 23:23   #49

Yeah, and Bobby's gonna be THERE soon too. Stand by.............the journey begins soon.........(as in- this week)
Old 22-08-2012, 03:05   #50

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold

some are on trawlers forum also like me Tex is over there Iknow buit with a different name/ I'm in hospital in Daytona after a stroke last weekend, beginning to worry about Isaaac too.any thoughts?
Old 22-08-2012, 08:11   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
I'm in hospital in Daytona after a stroke last weekend,
WOW! Sorry to hear that. BTDT. I hope you come out of it alright.
-Bruce
Old 22-08-2012, 08:29   #52

THanks, I@M DOING OK so far, NO 1 son is here from Englsnd and I got a 2hr pass last night to grt dinnrer at rUby tUEsdays plus hr spent all day yesterday cleaning our dinghy then servicing the outboard which involved having to cut it off thr transom locks and later buying and installing a new fuel tank too, big job and very well done hr even videoed his test run at around 20kts being chased by dolphins. hoping for a2hr pass again tonightto try Red Lobster shrimp special deal

I Just want to get out and sleep in my own bed again, nice as the nurses are here!
Old 22-08-2012, 12:47   #53

Boat: 43' Hatteras CPMY

a stroke !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get better SOON... You've beent thru too much just trying to get everything done so you could be here........
I've been checking out the trawler sites too..... Talked to Tex about 10 days ago......
Keep us updated on how your doing please......
Old 22-08-2012, 16:39   #54

Get well soon!! And be nice to the nurses. They're the only people who can keep the doctors from killing you. So far, Isaac is tracking to the Gulf Coast, so hope for the best.
Be there soon,
Mo
Old 24-08-2012, 12:23   #55

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Robin, 'hopes for your completerecovery. Be carefull,- we will likely be cruising by your area with a chance for a visit in January. Take care and joy, Stewart & Nancie
Old 24-08-2012, 17:17   #56

Blimey Robin that's life right..!? You just get your act together and.. kappow!! .. I have some problems myself. If I mention sun/Marsden in same breath you maybe can guess what I'm on about.
Good luck. Have a beer! What else can you do.
Old 24-08-2012, 19:19   #57

QqqqqqThanks all for good wishes, I have ju
St had a 4 hour pass ANd BeeN HOME TO THR BOAT AND TESTED MY ABILITY TO GET ON BOARD AND UP AND DOWN INSIDE ETC PLuS HSD A NICE MEAL AT RUBY TUESDAy now back in my prison bed WaTchINg NEwS oF ISAAC GRTTING NESRER. what great friends we have in our local live aboard community, WoW!
Old 22-12-2012, 04:30   #58

Boat: New Horizons 26
Re: What has happened to Living Aboard forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Vogdes View Post
Mike checking in... Actually been here for a while.
I miss the livingaboard forum too, glad to see everybody trickling in
Hi everyone!
I suppose that in my usual bizarre way, I ought to suggest that the reason I am so late in joining all the livingaboard expats is because I have had no need for any of you, and this is all about me!

The reality is different, of course. Except maybe about it being about me. :-)
I found this thread by Googling 'k8uet' , so if Helen is here, (I haven't looked yet) I thank you for being famous on the internet!
I was even able to keep my old username, Durian, a tropical fruit. I, on the other hand, am neither tropical, nor a fruit, (not that there is anything wrong with that, as TV's Jerry Seinfeld would say). But my wife is,...... tropical that is, but again not a fruit. I know that, because fruit doesn't irritate by filling the house with their family like Filipinas do!
My boat remains high and still dry.
However, I am currently welding up the launching cradle, and have promised myself that it will be driving down the ramp this coming spring.
I have sealed up the centreboard trunk to resolve the leaks that were from repeated repairs that were presumably incorrectly done. A proper fix would be to build a new trunk unit, and put it in, and I am old and might die before completing that, as well as this being a $2000 boat, not a floating palace. Not a floating anything right now!
Decks are sealed, Windows are almost sealed except a few drips, Engine (inboard) is loose from the mounts, and ready to be pulled clear, outboard bracket, or any inboard electric drive, not yet installed though.
One side cockpit drain redone in 2 inch pipe, exiting via transom, the other side still to do. Some through-hulls removed and patched over, still a few to go. Rudder rust ground out and reglassed.
I will be buying a used smaller foresail, as the 150% genoa would seemingly block my vision, and I need simplicity while learning to sail.
Oh, and I have all the stanchions and rails bedded in securely upon strengthening bases that are bonded in to the deck, and sealed using 5200, my new fave sealer. I should have used it for the windows, I can, after all, remove it using a grinder (or jackhammer, after all, the boat is paid for) if required later, as this is a 2000 buck boat. Oh the joys of being a cheap bast*rd.

I went sailing, at last, my first sailings on a keel boat, as a local Yacht Club (not mine!) do a membership drive promotion in June for 4 sessions of sailing, about an hour or 2 each Thursday evening.
Happily, my stomach contents remained in place, and I found the basics very easy to understand, I don't think that there is much to it, to get the simple basics done. The rest though, no doubt will take more time than I have left on this Earth.

Anyway, that's it for now.
Thank God for global warming, because rain doesn't need to be shovelled like snow does, and we are getting about 2 inches of it today. Rain that is.
So, seasons greeting from a wet Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

John
Old 22-12-2012, 04:35   #59

Boat: New Horizons 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
some are on trawlers forum also like me Tex is over there Iknow buit with a different name/ I'm in hospital in Daytona after a stroke last weekend, beginning to worry about Isaaac too.any thoughts?
Good Luck, I hope that you get past it OK.

John
Old 22-12-2012, 05:47   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Durian.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: