Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 20:31   #121
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Top Ten Suggestions for Tropical Sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Never said you were from Florida -- guess you having trouble reading English.

I know exactly, give or take a couple of degrees, where you are and just cause there is gentle breeze out in the Pacific your full of ****, get over it it's probably going to cruise on by.

Love it when a yank assumes all people from the southern hemisphere are from "down under" LOL

trolls are so much fun, doesnt matter what flavor they think they are.
Old 05-06-2015, 00:11   #122

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Zee and Little Chay: you have both been rude and condescending. Not being "nice" at all, and that is what folks here are supposed to be doing.

Why don't both of you take a deep breath and get back to the subject of the thread.

Jim
Old 05-06-2015, 05:42   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
trolls are so much fun, doesnt matter what flavor they think they are.
Yes especially when they wade in without reading.

No air-conditioner for me, don't have the space for one or the power to run it. Ditto refrigeration.

Water shouldn't be that hot where I am going, at least not for the next year or so.

So airflow is my big priority.

I agree in general about making things as you go, but in some areas it is impossible to buy things that you need. For example here in Chile, marine ply is impossible to find even though they produce it here in the country, impossible to find stainless steel screws.

Have you got one of the those micky mouse windy meters that always reads peak gusts +20% for BS stories in bars? I had one of those once; it didn't work and you could just take off the glass and set the needle to whatever you felt safe with
Old 05-06-2015, 07:23   #124

rodl my windymeter died a death by birdees in a lagoon while on anchor a coupla years ago.... windy was only 12 kts, so it musta been a woossy.
water in panama is as hot as here, around 30c, same pacific side costa rica and southwest mexico.
this year, pacific south america has the el nino current heating things up a tad...
seems if you want cool water in tropics, that the east coast has cooler ocean water.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:38   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Zee and Little Chay: you have both been rude and condescending. Not being "nice" at all, and that is what folks here are supposed to be doing.

Why don't both of you take a deep breath and get back to the subject of the thread.

Jim
Jim... Please get a life and stop policing people who are just having a bit of fun.

If you don't know what etc. mean then please understand that imply emotion and indicate that the person was talking somewhat tongue in cheek.

Sorry if you feel this is rude but I feel that you are sticking you nose where it doesn't belong.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:42   #126

Quote:
rodl my windymeter died a death by birdees in a lagoon while on anchor a coupla years ago.... windy was only 12 kts, so it musta been a woossy.
water in panama is as hot as here, around 30c, same pacific side costa rica and southwest mexico.
this year, pacific south america has the el nino current heating things up a tad...
seems if you want cool water in tropics, that the east coast has cooler ocean water.
They do that... windymeters are not built for wind it seems..

See here NOAA View Data Imagery Portal - Explore a World of Data for water temperatures. I'm OK on my bit of west coast thanks to the good old humbolt current Your bit is a bit warmer than usual though.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:44   #127

hay little--you coming to my side of the world to go to chile-- why not try out some of the cooler places in mexico--- like where i am now is awesome pretty and quiet and small townish. has good sailing, especially when our winds dont circle around some.
might be a lil out of the way should ye decide to sailthe southernmost route...

and we can almost cook eggies in our ocean. thanks to blanca we are cooling a tad, as she was welling the colder water to surface....for a minuet, now she is again on the move...
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56   #128

Quote:
hay little--you coming to my side of the world to go to chile-- why not try out some of the cooler places in mexico--- like where i am now is awesome pretty and quiet and small townish. has good sailing, especially when our winds dont circle around some.
might be a lil out of the way should ye decide to sailthe southernmost route...
Already in Chile - Coming north .. may get as far north as Equador and then head west via the Galapagos but most likely will jump off from Iqique or Arica if not before.

First of all I have to park up here for a bit. Got a refit job in South Africa to do then a delivery back to Stanley, Falklands, in September then Oct - Nov I'll haul out here and get some work done.. then December make a plan to get moving.

Mexico is on the list but I have other fish to fly first.. perhaps coming back from Alaska .. perhaps many things!

Cheers
Chris
Tweed's World | A high latitude sailor preparing for tropical cruising
Old 05-06-2015, 08:02   #129

ok so there is a brane in that cabeza--lol-- downhill rocks, uphill is a slog without much fun, so your plan is a good one. duh.....and mexico is a great place to warm up with a nice frosty maggie en mano.. and a shrimp or carne asada taco to edge of the starvation.
or one of each
or more
and lotsa fruits on trees.

sounds like a good plan.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:42   #130

Quote:
ok so there is a brane in that cabeza--lol-- downhill rocks, uphill is a slog without much fun, so your plan is a good one. duh.....and mexico is a great place to warm up with a nice frosty maggie en mano.. and a shrimp or carne asada taco to edge of the starvation.
or one of each
or more
and lotsa fruits on trees.

sounds like a good plan.
It's a plan at least. Probably won't work out but who knows hey! Nothing like an asado for keeping the veggies from biting

One of my current projects is converting a stainless steel beer keg to a pushpit asado
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46   #131

want pix
Old 05-06-2015, 09:01   #132

Quote:
want pix
Will put some on my blog soon. It hasn't got much further than cutting up a perfectly good beer keg yet Varnishing the new floorboards has got in the way of the asado inventing and there is one ashore in the quincho so no urgency and you know what that means - put it off.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04   #133

dang yer almost litrut.. good stuff....
Old 05-06-2015, 14:18   #134

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Jim... Please get a life and stop policing people who are just having a bit of fun.

If you don't know what etc. mean then please understand that imply emotion and indicate that the person was talking somewhat tongue in cheek.

Sorry if you feel this is rude but I feel that you are sticking you nose where it doesn't belong.
Well, dunno why, but since my post you two have been playing nice..

And I also dunno about how you feel, but saying that someone is "full of ****" doesn't sound like "just having a bit of fun" to me.

Finally, "I was just having a bit of fun" is a common response when schoolyard bullies are accosted by an adult.

So now I will go back to having the life that you think I should get. Enjoy your travels.

Jim
Old 05-06-2015, 14:29   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Well, dunno why, but since my post you two have been playing nice..
Thanks Dad

Enjoy your travels too - In fact I thought you were at sea already. Thanks also for you input to this thread before; you thought you should have power of censorship.

BTW don't over estimate your sphere or influence!
Closed Thread

Tags
cal, sail, sailing