Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 26-01-2016, 09:16   #1

Tampa area marinas

I'm a Great Lakes trailer sailor on a Capri 26. My wife and I do a 2 week trip every year and weekend day sails. I'm retiring this year and we want to work into living on a 40 foot boat in a marina in Tampa area for 3-5 months in the winter. We will be going back and forth the first few years to attend grandkids activities and some business that will need to be taken care of. My question is 1.-am I better off renting a slip and putting the boat on the hard for the other 7 months, 2.- pay for a yearly contract and leave the boat at a slip. What type of marina costs would I be looking at for the year.
twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 21:23   #2

Boat: '76 Heritage West Indies 36 Morgan design
Re: Tampa area marinas

40 ft liveaboard with water and electric figure somewhere around $700 month at a marina...perhaps a bit'll have to inquire about on the hard storage...lots of varied choices within 40 mile radius
clean warm gin clear water, coral, abundant fish, lobster, beautiful beaches, great anchorages, sailing the Bahamas , Caribbean again, soon...
JTHAW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off