Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 16:38   #1

Boat: Antares 44i
Splendide Washer/Dryer Door

We're looking at a cat with a Splendide W/D on board. There is a small crack on the left side of the panel you push to open the door. Evidently, you're supposed to only push on the right side of the flat panel, but that's not evident, so people mistakenly push on left side, and the panel gets cracked.

We've been told we can't replace the door. We're wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what happened over time with the little crack. Did it get worse? Were you able to replace the door?

Thanks!
Attached Files
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 11:32   #2

Boat: 1975 Gulfstar M53
Re: Splendide Washer/Dryer Door

We have a Spendide unit and damaged our door handle (cracked). We looked for the part but no luck - but we were able to purchase a whole new door assembly online - so...yes, a door was available for our model (wasn't cheap!). If you have the model number - google it and get the service manual...then use the parts list to google what you need. If you need help - PM me and I will try to assist.

Good Luck!

TMT2
TMT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 12:09   #3

Re: Splendide Washer/Dryer Door

This is the only problem you have with the boat? Buy it

I've owned three boats with vented Splendide's over the years. I think they all had handle cracks. No handle fell off entirely. The real problem is that none of them were much use because it takes two hours to dry very few clothes. At anchor, that's a lot of genset time. At a marina, it's easier to walk up the dock to a real washer/dryer and have a drink at the bar.
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote