Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-11-2013, 11:21   #61

Boat: Roughwater, pilot house, 58 ft
Re: Social aspects of cruising and living-aboard

Once you get to a reasonable size with most creature comforts as the dirt, and keep it clean/maintained/picked up you probable not be refereed to as Homeless. Quite the opposite as most will be impressed. I made sure they notice my wedding ring and I always mention my wife, so they do not get the wrong idea.

As mentioned before we use to moor at the /south end of Lake Union, down town Seattle, in front of a popular meat/pick up places, Blue Water. There were usually equal or more females then males. Single Live a boards or boat owners, male or female, had not trouble meeting people. Seattle is a very liberal city so gender/sexual preference was not a big thing. Each marina we had gay/lesbian neighbors. What ever you were looking for was there.

Location, location, location is the key.

True story:

My grand son 16 at the time, came to live with us on summer as he could not get a job in his town. So I got him a job at the Blue Water as we know the owners. Well, that lasted one night as the ladies notices how he blushed and shy. Especially when they found out he was a virgin. His mother, my daughter would have killed me it she knew what he learned saw that night.

My single sons also use to come by the boat, to borrow our dog, Brittany. Brittany was a chick magnet. Girls love babies and dogs/pets. When I took Brittany for her walks, met ladies all the time, and then if they found out I live on a boat in the marina, many times had to show them my wedding ring and mention I was happily married. I got many hugs as ladies like to hug as a greeting/good by. So make sure you ae hugable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20070521082112511_0001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	70665  

rw58ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 14:40   #62

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35'
Re: Social aspects of cruising and living-aboard

Overheard in the Marina office the other day that we have about 35 live-a-boards out of 400 slips. They also told the folks that in the summer the weekenders increase substantially.

I agree with In Training... The key word may be Adventurous! I have a 35' boat and a 1,000 sq.ft. mtn cabin. Neither especially luxurious, but clean, comfortable, and in good repair. It's not for everyone, but great for someone seeking relaxation, casual, and active outdoor experiences.

And yes! RunningRabbit we too somersault out of the vberth as well as squeeze past each other between the saloon table and galley.

__________________ Jim K.
jkindredpdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: