Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-10-2014, 08:47   #16

Re: Small washing machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_gilana View Post
We only use Ammonia to wash with, no detergent, and there is no need to rinse now, we wash, spin, hang, and that's it!
OK. THAT caught my attention. How much ammonia and do you use anything else (other than water)?

Old 11-06-2015, 21:26   #17

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFH View Post
I plan to install one of these

Daewoo DWD-M301WP

/Steen
Did you get one??? If so, are you happy with it???

Thanks
Lisa

Old 22-06-2015, 00:18   #18

Boat: Roberts 57 Staysail Schooner

Quote:

Daewoo DWD-M301WP

/Steen
Looks pretty schmick. I think I'll be investigating this one further. Looks like I can get one delivered to Oz for under AU$600.
Old 22-06-2015, 14:36   #19

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

pwillems,

That looks like a very small capacity washer. With bedding for five of you to do, I'm wondering whether that will be adequate? If possible, find out if you can have a look at one first. It would be a plus to be able to wash two of the master cabin sheets and the pillow slips together, and you guys will have 3 lots to do, plus clothing. The CF member, drewncrew have a washer in their 51 foot Gib Sea, and they are sydney area. Possibly a PM might work.

Ann
Old 26-11-2016, 01:00   #20

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:

Daewoo DWD-M301WP

/Steen
Old thread I know. As anyone purhased, installed used one of these?
Ok, so here comes the dumb question, 3kg of washing? What's that convert to clothes wise? The bucket of been using upto date didnt have a weight limit, just a volume limit!

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 26-11-2016, 02:43   #21

Boat: CT-47

A friend installed one a while ago, works like a charm, plumbed direct to boats hot water supply, therefore after motoring clothes can be washed with hot water and low power consumption.

Will for sure be on my next boat....
Old 26-11-2016, 03:31   #22

Boat: Spray Replica

We have had a 3kg washer on board for the past 8 years. Our first finally died in Malaysia and we were not able to revive or replace it until we arrived in Taiwan.

Wendy wouldn't be without it. Just the saving alone in laundry bills is worth while and they pay for themselves and often pay for a marina berth. Laundrettes in Japan, Korea and Taiwan are expensive and send out services in the Philippines were about $2 per kilo and the quality was questionable.

One load can handle both double sheets or 6 shirts or 2 pair of jeans with a couple of T shirts. Best thing is it's automatic. Throw them in and walk away. A load takes about 25min and the machine is silent.
We are now sailing in Korea and 3kg washers are readily available in most Electrical Appliance Stores. We could have fitted bigger capacity machine except the companionway is the size limiting factor.

Front Loaders are heavy as they require large weights to balance them. Samsung, LG and the Daewoo are the common brands. The LG and Samsung are the same face size as a regular front loader only not as deep. So they will fit down a modest companionway. LG also has a 3 kg front loader that lays horizontal in a draw, it was designed to fit under their larger machine and designed for smaller loads.

We chose an upright as the front loaders were not available when we first installed ours so the space suits it. They weigh about 10kgs. They use a logic card to balance negating the large weight. A medium load uses about 20 liters per wash.

The clothes are spun so dry they only take about an hour hanging to dry.
Our first was a Lemair the one we brought in Taiwan is a Haier. Samsung also produce one. We payed $186 for the new Haier in Taiwan. An LG Front Loader is about $500.

This is a photo of the new Lemair before I installed it.

I will be writing a entry in our maintenance blog on the install soon. I hope the information is useful. Happy wife - Happy life.

Garry
sv Spirit of Sobraon
Home Page
Old 26-11-2016, 17:28   #23

Location: We are now waiting for a weather window to cross Bass Strait. Currently in Lakes Entrance and have enjoyed exploring the Gippsland Lakes.
Boat: Joe Adams Naut 40

I love my Lemair - it is a much older model than Sobaron photographed - in fact the rotary dial says dirty, dirtier and dirtiest - the translations my not be great but they did make us smile. The spinning capability of these machines is fantastic. The machine is light weight, plastic so does not rust, and about one third of the price of a front loader.

Cheer Sue

Tags
washing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: