Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 16:19   #31

Boat: 1984 hunter 34
Agreed....
spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:36   #32

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Re: Slip in TX for Liveaboard?

We are at Island Moorings, in Port Aransas, the marina is great. The office is very nice and keep things clean. Bathhouse and laundry facilities are good, high capacity clothes washing machine makes for quick work after a wet offshore sail. Docks seem strong and piling tall enough to take a extreme tidal surge. It is hot in the summer but good breeze. You can bike/walk to the beach.

We are looking to move to corpus but only because the drive from Austin is better.

Link to thread and my hubby's post about Texas marinas.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post732191

As far as IKE, my pier was in the vid, my CD30 was not damaged except her dock lines fused together due to the fantastic loads she was taking. Most of the boats that were on land was due to the piers giving way, the boats were properly prepped for storm, but if the pier gives way...
Folks from around there probably remember Bill, who rode out the storm on the balcony of one of the destroyed buildings after jumping off his boat in the height of the storm. He says he will never ride out a hurricane aboard a boat again. Whew, guess I'm still traumatized.
Anyways, Across a narrow spit of land next to all that destruction was Waterford, who suffered very little damage and no loss that I'm aware of. Their floating docks had at least 10-15 more feet before being in danger of slipping the pilings. Waterford is completely surrounded by land except for a narrow north entrance.

Good luck
Erika
Old 12-07-2013, 08:40   #33

Boat: 1984 hunter 34
Ahhhh ..... Corpus Christi marina. now those are some clean facilities... Especially for the ladies.....
spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard