Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2016, 14:59   #391

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Nah, we all love didgeridoo players. Must have been a Pom.

I recall a joke re Brits and Scots during their many wars.

The armies are drawn up on the sides of a valley full of mist waiting for it to clear so they can have at it.

A voice comes out of the mist "One Scotsman can whip two Brits", two Brits dash into the mist, much clashing and clanging.

The voice comes again "One Scotsman can whip four Brits", four dash down, same result.

The voice comes again "One Scotsman can whip eight Brits". Same again but this time a bloodied Brit crawls out of the mist and with his dying breath says "Don't go, there's two of the bastards".
Scotsmen are Brits. Replace Brit with English the next time you tell that one.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 17:06   #392
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

This thread is almost 400 posts long. Most single guys have picked up by now. Thus they can't be vilified.

Ahhh the sanctity of a loving relationship. Oooops! Still looking so I must still be a ratbag..

MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 01:29   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
This thread is almost 400 posts long. Most single guys have picked up by now. Thus they can't be vilified.

Ahhh the sanctity of a loving relationship. Oooops! Still looking so I must still be a ratbag..

What's wrong with you?

I was single far too long as a landlubber even though I had some very flash cars and a very good income. Left my job, sold my cars, sold my apartment and within 4 months of being a liveaboard I'm in, as you call it, "sanctity of a loving relationship".

The down side, have not seen the boat in 4 months and there is snow outside the window
Old 27-02-2016, 04:23   #394

I grew up fishing in Bristol Bay and then later learned a bit of sailing. So for now traveling the world, but am one of those 1% of women who love the Ocean and diving and adventure but would like to have someone to share the adventures with. Am currently in landlocked Austria. ha ha, But lovely to see there are men out there and as I continue my trip, may end up meeting someone ridiculously a match for me. and them. : )
moebysrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 04:27   #395
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Welcome to CF Moebysrush
Good luck with the male members of CF..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 04:43   #396
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Nah, we all love didgeridoo players. Must have been a Pom.

I recall a joke re Brits and Scots during their many wars.

The armies are drawn up on the sides of a valley full of mist waiting for it to clear so they can have at it.

A voice comes out of the mist "One Scotsman can whip two Brits", two Brits dash into the mist, much clashing and clanging.

The voice comes again "One Scotsman can whip four Brits", four dash down, same result.

The voice comes again "One Scotsman can whip eight Brits". Same again but this time a bloodied Brit crawls out of the mist and with his dying breath says "Don't go, there's two of the bastards".
Reminds me of a joke my father told occasionally when I was a kid...
Two Pathan tribesmen are sitting atop a rocky eyrie near the Khyber Pass keeping lookout when they spot a dust cloud in the distance..
The younger man turns to his elder and asks if he should run back and spread the alarm.. " Calm yourself Sikunder.. let us wait till they are closer and we can identify them..!!'
Hours pass and as the cloud draws closer Akbar peers through his telescope at the advance.. "What do you see Akbar..!!" cries Sikunder.
"I'm not sure.." replys Akbar.. "Your eyes are younger than mine Sikunder.. you take a look and tell me what you see.. they look like they are wearing dresses.."
"Bismillah.. they are sending women to fight us.. the Barbarians.."
said Sikunder as he peers through the telescope and excitedly screams.. "Your right.. You Right.. they wear dresses... but wait.. what is this.. they seem to have beards and their hair is piled high on top of their heads.. what strange creatures are they sending to do battle...??
"Ahah..!! replied Akbar.. " This must be that famous Middlesex Regiment we have heard so much about.."

It was a 50's joke

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 27-02-2016, 04:54   #397

Boat: O'Day 28

And Middlesex has evolved into Metrosexual. It's the first step out of the closet. NTTAWWT:

Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 05:00   #398
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Step back in Amazement and Admiration...
You managed to combine 'Toy Boy Band' with a sailing Legend.. AWESOME..!!

Old 27-02-2016, 07:12   #399

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

I was just wondering what those kids were doing with Sir Peter Blake's name in the background. Must have been an unusual event.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:45   #400
cruiser

You read as too insecure to be trying to project yourself as confident (what turns females on) to be such a beefcake buddy...those women you're flirting with online are like you, bored, lonely and unable/not wanting to commit..

That's the problem with online dating, it's such an endless fountain of prospects you feel like you're settling if you commit as it's too easy to find better if/when/as you keep looking...much like used boat shopping, hard to commit cuz the market is so saturated there must be a better deal...
Sailor Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 07:57   #401
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Scotsmen are Brits. Replace Brit with English the next time you tell that one.
Real Americans call'em "Limey/Limeys"...we earned that arrogance in the war of independence. Reaffirmed it in the war of 1812 and the Limeys have been needing our help/subordinate since..

Sad how a lot of USA women dote over princess Kate IMO, Colonists/George Washington are spinning in their graves I'm sure...
Old 27-02-2016, 08:24   #402
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Sailor View Post
This was a very entertaining thread to read! The original poster is obviously very lost as to his go forward plan and obviously relying on one of us to draw the map. What I gathered from his writing is this: He has a junked out sailboat that he is attempting to utilize as a baited trap for the females of our human species. Since he is not really sure how to go about fixing it he is looking for cheap laborers to do it for him. Like minions I guess? Meanwhile, as his minions are hard at work he intends to get a box truck?! Lol lol. He said box truck right? No doubt to collect all of the women he intends to take out to the middle of the ocean. Not just any women , but young nubiles.... He said he was divorced right? One can only wonder why? Lol
There's a married version of this guy (OP) at city marina mooring field marathon florida LOL.

They have what looks like a Cross 50something, mast down with a huge white tarp over the top (I guess the topside leaks?) has any and everything on the deck...including a oversized grill you pull behind a truck, not load into a truck box. Busted up patio furniture etc..

Their dink is 14ft Livingston setup for bully netting lobster (has a tall console on the very front you stand up to operate) but it has a Bimini over the working area which would blocks you from bully netting???

They even have a 14foot van cab box truck spray painted sad sea foam green. I think they're concession sellers doing the swap meets?

Total hoarders...makes Fred Sanford look like mr clean...

Marina people, best people watching ever...
Old 27-02-2016, 08:31   #403
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Jer View Post
Real Americans call'em "Limey/Limeys"...we earned that arrogance in the war of independence. Reaffirmed it in the war of 1812 and the Limeys have been needing our help/subordinate since..

Sad how a lot of USA women dote over princess Kate IMO, Colonists/George Washington are spinning in their graves I'm sure...
Ahahahahahaaaaa.. actually old chap we did not.. Europe did.. we'd held our own for 3yrs before you guys came along.. and if you had not.. well.. Hitler would have been beaten anyway.
As for Japan.. they'd been stopped at India.
After the Sikh regiments switched to the Japanese side which led to the fall off Singapore.. and how they were treated afterwards.. and Japanese treatment of their Burmese Communist Party allies.. their star had reached its peak.. the Indians realised their best hope was with the Brits.
The Chindit Expeditions proved the Japanese Myth of Invincibility to be false.
And.. seeing as your so tough and all powerful.. how is it your only 'Victorious War' since 1948 was Grenada when 10,000 armed marines landed to take on 28 unarmed police men..
GWB on an aircraft carrier is not acceptable as proof...

Old 27-02-2016, 09:07   #404

Boat: O'Day 28

Safer to say America is in the war business. And business is good.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 09:14   #405
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ahahahahahaaaaa.. actually old chap we did not.. Europe did.. we'd held our own for 3yrs before you guys came along.. and if you had not.. well.. Hitler would have been beaten anyway.
As for Japan.. they'd been stopped at India.
After the Sikh regiments switched to the Japanese side which led to the fall off Singapore.. and how they were treated afterwards.. and Japanese treatment of their Burmese Communist Party allies.. their star had reached its peak.. the Indians realised their best hope was with the Brits.
The Chindit Expeditions proved the Japanese Myth of Invincibility to be false.
And.. seeing as your so tough and all powerful.. how is it your only 'Victorious War' since 1948 was Grenada when 10,000 armed marines landed to take on 28 unarmed police men..
GWB on an aircraft carrier is not acceptable as proof...
You're funny...

Keep making me laugh please..the movie heartbreak ridge isn't a legit depiction of operation urgent fury but something tells me I'm trying to be reasonable and rational with the unreasonable and irrational...

you seem to forget how Ronnie ended the Cold War without shooting a bullet

Since you have issues with POTUS using deadly force to defend/rescue American citizens I suppose you're sad about operation just cause when GHWB authorized the takedown and capture of Manuel Noriega? Again like urgent fury, wasn't marines but Army soldiers Airborne Rangers...paratroopers from 82 Airborne and us Lightfighters from planet Ord. Too funny him seeking refuge in a church and the Catholics telling him to surrender to the Americans.

And in the news tomorrow you'll be reminded how 25 years ago fighting ended of stormin Norman's leading the others and me in the worlds last big tank battle that lasted 3 days (operation desert storm ended Feb 28 1991) when the worlds 4th largest army got skunked by a US lead coalition...such sore losers were Saddam he torched the Kuwaiti oil fields in spite...this was when & where I started calling Limeys "Limeys" to their faces...

Keep up the memory issues & wordsmith act though, it's very entertaining...

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single