Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 12:23   #286

Boat: 55' sloop.
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
There is simply not an issue with age gaps in a relationship in my book.
There is however an issue with immaturity.

Jes saying.
100 percent agree. I have no issue with age gaps and have had some great relations/ships with significant ones, and moreover have known several long term happy relationships of other people with really very significant gaps which were based on love and not money… but this is not the problem here, as you correctly surmise.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:25   #287

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttyhunk View Post
"Fairer but less adventurous", huh...where did you go to school, again? 😛

Boat sounds better to me, but I'm old now, and perhaps less adventurous...

Hahaha-it wasn't brown that did it to me! I followed undergrad up with a graduate degree from a far more conservative (and far less fun and awesome) school 'somewhere in Boston'

I think I may be able to do the best of both worlds. Spring melt in the rivers and late summer warmth on the ocean!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:30   #288
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
I wouldn't be too quick to knock his boat. I've been on it while it was being built. I have current pictures.....and no, I can't share. As for his wife "seeing the light", you really don't know what caused the divorce. Do you? Too bad for the OP, because he was faithful to his wife, and no doubt, had very deep feelings for her.

It's pretty sad that members really don't take his words as being honest. This probably isn't the best place to ask for counseling, but he put his feelings out there, and instead of getting helpful, mature advice, he just gets hammered, because he doesn't want to just "settle" for a relationship. He wants more than just "settling". At least, that's the way I see it. So, he likes younger women. What's wrong with that? So did my dad. My dad remarried when I was 8 years old. My step mom was 19. They lived a great life together until she died of cancer.

Well... this is cruiser's forum, where you can never get a clear answer about anything. If you are the Bumfuzzles, you get busted for being a newb sailing around the world. If you are Rebel Heart, you get busted for making a mistake or two. If you cruise on a Hunter, you're going to die! You can't safely cruise and anchor without a windlass. Well, we are all different, and not too many open-minded folks on CF from what I see. Good luck to the OP. We'll see you down in south Florida as soon as we can get there.

Ralph
Ralph........ he came across a dick. His words and behavior are immature as were his responses.

It was that immaturity and kiddy high fiving that he presented that caused his own problems.

NOthing wrong with age gap marriages. Better he knows his age and works on his social skills on public forums if he wants to be here. As you rightly noted, forums take no prisoners.

I still do not want him anywhere near my daughter.

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:20   #289

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
Losers, i had a moment of weakness.

You know every last one of you guys would trade places with me in a second. You'd trade boats too.

Jealous and unhappy your lives are over while mine is still going on.

Enjoy.

Mods, feel free to close the thread. Im out.

I'll continue to date all the various 20 yr olds, go out and have fun, pick whatever hottie is most compatible and get married agqin...while you all are stuck with whatever lousy choices you made that make you so biitter and hostile.

Enjoy your easy chairs while I live the life you're angry you don't have.

Peace out... (close thread if you desire, mods, I'm not reading thie drivel anymore)
Quiting already?...Makes me sad. I was hoping you had a little more back-bone than that. Then again you going to quit your supposed Cat also.
Personally, I think the only truth this troll had was he was divorced. She's probably thanking her lucky stars daily.
To think people would want to trade places. I think the truth is most guys here grew out of their teens and moved into a more meaningful life. It's hard to tell a blind person what blue looks like. Sadly he'll never know what it is like for me to wake up to my lovely wife (albeit a few wrinkles like me) and tell me how much she appreciates me. We have a relationship based on love, trust and the ability to live an interdependent life...she, her horses and me, my little ship, cruising as time permits.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:24   #290
Eternal Member

Quote:
Better hurry up and get someone before it all breaks down and the reality of getting older hits and the arthritis catches you in mid rave. Some young thing you are with will simply move on to the next raver because she was not old enough to understand that 50 year old guys run out of Duracell long before 20 year olds. Unless you have very deep pockets, Im not sure you have anything to offer a younger woman, certainly not maturity, certainly not the realisation that in 10 years you will just be one more of us who work on half throttle because the get up and go got up and went and so we have to pace ourselves to maintain the balance.

Heaven help you if the prostate does a number and leaves you sat there hoping and praying that the young thing will be content especially as your claim to fame WAS being able to RAVE........

It appears that you dont really like women. Just young attractive decoration for your arm and ego. Its all about you. I see your dopplegangers in many marinas around the world. A little money, a desire to be seen as in the groove and frequent the younger crowds hang outs. A few more wrinkles, a little more stiffness and you will be labeled the creepy pervert instead of rock on Jimmy.......

And whilst I dont 'know' you, it is exactly what you portray in your writing.

For the record, YOU ARE THAT GUY.
Not to mention, he's also THIS GUY:

Quote:

Now that I'm back in the water, I was painfully reminded of an old problem that never went away.

I'm in agony after most dingy rides. That crouched position, for several minutes on end,while slamming and pounding up and down,holding onto am outboard with one hand and the hand hold for dear life with the other.

This really, really hurts my back.

What has anyone done to solve this problem?
Something doesn't add up... The second guy sounds like an out of shape Old Fart...

;-)
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:36   #291

Hi, Jon, thanks for "connecting the dots!"
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:45   #292
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
We have a relationship based on love, trust and the ability to live an interdependent life...she, her horses and me, my little ship, cruising as time permits.
How the heck do you get the horse on the little ship?

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:49   #293
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

"Losers, i had a moment of weakness.

You know every last one of you guys would trade places with me in a second. You'd trade boats too.

Jealous and unhappy your lives are over while mine is still going on.

Enjoy.

Mods, feel free to close the thread. Im out.

I'll continue to date all the various 20 yr olds, go out and have fun, pick whatever hottie is most compatible and get married agqin...while you all are stuck with whatever lousy choices you made that make you so biitter and hostile.

Enjoy your easy chairs while I live the life you're angry you don't have.

Peace out... (close thread if you desire, mods, I'm not reading thie drivel anymore)"

i guess truth is hard to accept . too bad. we know why you are single. do you???
oh. btw-i am female.

hard for us to be losers when we are actiually living your dream..... funny how that works.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:50   #294

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

...an honest look:

Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 13:51   #295

ha ha...No....she has no desire to cruise with me. She holds down the fort, pays the bills and so on. The agreement is, she flies in to see me...works
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 01-11-2015, 14:17   #296

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

So the Op has a failed marriage, a half finished boat that he wants to dump and wants to find a place with more girls to improve his chances of finding a keeper.
Amazing that he quits the thread, totally out of character!
I think the first clue as to his character was when he asked if a box truckwas a good way to pick up young girls while travelling from state to state(seriously, no windows in the back???)
It has been entertaining at least. And no, I definitely would not want to trade places with you!
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 16:18   #297

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
if you are into chickadees half your age, grow a wallet and looks and make your boat be perfect and surprisingly girl oriented... rodlmffao. emphasis on wallet.
Reminds me of the new arrival here who signed up at the Yacht Club gym. He asked which machine he should use to make him look most attractive to the local ladies.

Answer:
The ATM in the bar upstairs
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 16:24   #298

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
How the heck do you get the horse on the little ship?

Now that's a classic!
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 16:29   #299

Sea horses...
Old 02-11-2015, 04:22   #300

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

The aroma odor of this tale is horsey for sure. This guy really is that guy: the creepy guy at the end of the bar. New babe every day! Right ... me too, on the internet. I tried the net at the outset of social media. I met a half-dozen women in person. All six had lied about their weight/figure.

There's also a generational gap here for many of us in our 60s and 70s who've already done the living in a van down by the river and the RV thing. When the OP mentioned just cruising around the US picking up hotties, I'm reminded of Ted Bundy, only Ted didn't rent a car for the first couple of dates like the OP says he does. I laughed out loud at that fairy tale.

A guy with 200K income can hire someone to finish the boat. Lotsa boatwrights looking for a project like that I'd imagine.

The only authentic things about the OP's story, IMO, is the mid-life crisis and the aching back.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single