Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 11:35   #181

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Looking at this thread, seems it's American women that are the issue.

Interesting.

I mean the one, single girl i meet not from the States, out at a bar the other night, jumped at the thought of going cruising.

A South African. Born in USA, but grew up in South Africa.

Was ready to go now. lol

Hydra: My dumpsters do sit level in the water, so maybe that's an advantage.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:39   #182

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot

DeathC, I forgot to add....smile....Asian women sure can cook up some awesome meals, can't they? My wife cooks Beijing style, Muslim style, and some hot and spicy southern China style dishes. I swear to Heavens it is like eating out at 4 star restaurants every meal.

I was looking at the food prep in one of your wife's photos and just smiled with the pleasure of knowing how good that dinner must have tasted made by her hands.
alansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50   #183
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post

I mean the one, single girl i meet not from the States, out at a bar the other night, jumped at the thought of going cruising.

Maybe you're on to something. Question is, how'd she do with the sander? Put her to work man! Give her her own cabin, Some epoxy, sander, and have her pick a color. If that works out, let her start on the galley!

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:07   #184
RTB

Some advice for you single sailors out there from Bruce Van Sant. It's a free short story if you haven't read it -

http://www.thornlesspath.com/sample.pdf

That guy is pretty smart.

Ralph
Old 08-09-2015, 12:08   #185

The love of a good woman and the love of our Max, German Shepherd, it doesn't get any better than that. Yes, love can be found through Internet connections people.

So, to 2Hulls, we are all responsible for our own lives. You do what you feel is best for you. Don't judge others or allow them to judge you. Seek first to understand another's point of view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	108659   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	108660  

Old 08-09-2015, 12:10   #186

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Maybe you're on to something. Question is, how'd she do with the sander? Put her to work man! Give her her own cabin, Some epoxy, sander, and have her pick a color. If that works out, let her start on the galley!

Ralph
It always seems to come down to the sander, no? Doesn't seem like a day goes by without my needing to sand SOMETHIN' on my boat.
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:22   #187

Ralph, thanks for sharing that story. That was very fun.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:24   #188
RTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Ralph, thanks for sharing that story. That was very fun.
Yeah, I though so too. Hopefully others read it.

Ralph
Old 08-09-2015, 12:30   #189
RTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
DeathC, I forgot to add....smile....Asian women sure can cook up some awesome meals, can't they? My wife cooks Beijing style, Muslim style, and some hot and spicy southern China style dishes. I swear to Heavens it is like eating out at 4 star restaurants every meal.

I was looking at the food prep in one of your wife's photos and just smiled with the pleasure of knowing how good that dinner must have tasted made by her hands.
Man, you have that right. I sailed with friends from Florida to Cartagena, Colombia. I never ate so well underway!

Ralph
Old 08-09-2015, 12:36   #190

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

You can find love on the internet- in today's busy world how else would you find someone?

There could be somebody down the street that you don't know- heck it happened to me, met one of my now-best friends on the internet by happenstance, much to the chagrin of our wives! I should qualify that- FRIEND- not lover, I'm talking about a buddy with the exact same interests as me, same age, two streets over. How we never crossed paths before is unbelievable, since we knew many of the same people- yet we didn't until a freak posting on an internet forum. We have a boat load more fun that I would have had with some young hottie looking for a sugar daddy.

Most men are looking for "sexy". Most women are looking for "employed".

How it finding a female partner worked for me: I watched all the new ads. Chicks in bikinis with a beer on the back of some go-fast boat were disqualified. Yes, they were hot, but they were going to be trouble. Eventually I found one that had lots of water in her photos, and a picture of her Kayak, and a decent (meaning, not sexy) photo on a catamaran. There was also a photo of her son, so no "surprise" later- not trying to hide anything. We took our time corresponding then dating. There, it worked out.

A woman is not going to be impressed with a non-functional, torn-apart project boat. Particularly if the male owner can't fix it or can't afford to.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 13:13   #191
Armchair Bucketeer

I married Asian. She couldn't cook for ****. But handy with a knife - but for business reasons only. Lol.

Mentioned only because Asian women are as varied as women from anywhere else. Men much the same. Lol.

Sent from my NEXUS 5 whilst sitting in my armchair tied to the dock.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 14:06   #192

Boat: Crealock 37
Send a message via AIM to Joe Brown

"Be good and you will be lonesome. Be lonesome and you will be free."

- Mark Twain -
Old 08-09-2015, 14:21   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
Looking at this thread, seems it's American women that are the issue.

Interesting.

Was ready to go now. lol

Hydra: My dumpsters do sit level in the water, so maybe that's an advantage.
2hull, I'm glad that posting 3 photos of my Japanese wife stirred-up this thread a little, yet my primary purpose for doing so was to try and suss out if your thread was even real, or not. Thus, do you have a photo or two of your unfinished cat? Your current love interest? Anything?

By the way, thanks to all the other CF members for posting images of your beautiful wives (partners?). It's fun to see actual photos. It makes things more real in this day and age electrons flying through international wires.

2hull, I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm not sure whether bars or Net sites are the places to look for happiness, but I suppose it can happen for some.

Again, good luck!
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 15:32   #194

Boat: Tartan 41 #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
2hull, I'm glad that posting 3 photos of my Japanese wife stirred-up this thread a little, yet my primary purpose for doing so was to try and suss out if your thread was even real, or not. Thus, do you have a photo or two of your unfinished cat? Your current love interest? Anything?

By the way, thanks to all the other CF members for posting images of your beautiful wives (partners?). It's fun to see actual photos. It makes things more real in this day and age electrons flying through international wires.

2hull, I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm not sure whether bars or Net sites are the places to look for happiness, but I suppose it can happen for some.

Again, good luck!
If the OP chooses not to divulge location, or post photos of his cat or lady's, its certainly his choose.
As I and others here have said, he is real, the cat is real, the lady's are real. Some of us have seen pics, and things in real life, so accept or move on......
bob_77903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 15:46   #195
cruiser

Boat: Whisstock 63

(QUOTE=David_Old_Jersey;1910171]I married Asian. She couldn't cook for ****. But handy with a knife - but for business reasons only. Lol.
Mentioned only because Asian women are as varied as women from anywhere else. Men much the same. Lol.)

Sorry don't agree...might be a tad biased, but I have found my Asian partner to be all of those things most men want. The Asian mindset is very different from western women.
We have been together now for 7 years. She cooks to die for and she is great company. She is a great mum, and she looks after Kitty and myself very well. All in all I consider myself very lucky. I should get a ring on her finger ASAP really.
deathcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single