Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 06:15   #166

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcruzer View Post
I am in a similar situation to you, only my truck is a 62 foot cutter. I am 4/5ths of the way through a restoration and still throwing money at her.
This is for me. There is room for my grown up kids and a new Asian partner. So far all is going to plan. Couple of years more and it will all come together.
Point is I am driving it for me, not for someone else.
Choose your life and go for it .
I don't think it's such a good Idea to try to supply a lifestyle someone else may want. Women are 10 a penny...good ones are rarer than hens teeth.
You never know when you meet women outside the states you may be suppressed at how different and less self-centred they are. The world is a big place and there are some great people out there.
If you are in your 40s then life hasn't even started yet. Make a plan.. Go your own way enjoy it.
See you on the water.
Question. Is this thread even real? I've read a lot of nonsense about box trucks, Winnebagos, and a broken-down catamaran ... as well as Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and young hottie / bootie chasing via the Internet ... yet I don't remember seeing any photos.

Hence, I have my doubts. This might just be a high-school social media experiment.

Oh, and what is a "partner". Is that modern slang for "girlfriend", or is it merely the language used for a gay lover, in the traditional homosexual man-to-man sense of the word?

Someone mentioned "hens teeth". Well, that is correct. Quality women are very few and far between. For example, my Japanese wife (I wouldn't go any further east, as the female class scales down accordingly once you pass Honshu) is high-class personified, a licensed yoga instructor, and would never even consider looking on the Internet for a date. She would actually laugh at such an endeavor.

Anyway, here's a few photos of my 45-year-old Japanese wife (ten years my junior!), just to show that high-class cultured women do exist outside the realm of social media.

My final advice to the OP (if real): Shut down your Snap Chat and Instagram accounts and try actually "talking" with a quality woman in real life. If you can.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	108611   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	108612  

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	108613  
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:17   #167

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
You read the whole thing, Buddy. Glued to the screen awaiting the outcome apparently, judging by the timing of your response.

I'm sorry I soiled your forum.

Pretty sure this is an open place, owned by a group that owns several such forums and that you don't appear to be a member that supports it financially, nor a moderator of any type.

So.. your opinion doesn't matter.

I'm also pretty sure human emotions are a huge part of cruising. If we were emotionless robots, why would we cruise?

By the way, I think I'll support the forum financially. Anyone have a link to the sticky on that?
The link you are looking for is here .

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/payments.php

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 08-09-2015, 07:27   #168

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Have the people posting pictures of their wives asked permission before distributing these pics online as some sort of midlife pissing contest? I mean, how can we talk about not objectifying women in one breath, and move to this action in the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:08   #169

Boat: 1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS30

This post can't be real???? If it is give your head a shake
mottseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:11   #170
Armchair Bucketeer

I prefer my women without blurred genitals......
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:21   #171

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I prefer my women without blurred genitals......

Haha, good point! Not everything is real on the Internet!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:39   #172
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
Question. Is this thread even real? I've read a lot of nonsense about box trucks, Winnebagos, and a broken-down catamaran ... as well as Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and young hottie / bootie chasing via the Internet ... yet I don't remember seeing any photos.

Hence, I have my doubts. This might just be a high-school social media experiment.

Oh, and what is a "partner". Is that modern slang for "girlfriend", or is it merely the language used for a gay lover, in the traditional homosexual man-to-man sense of the word?

Someone mentioned "hens teeth". Well, that is correct. Quality women are very few and far between. For example, my Japanese wife (I wouldn't go any further east, as the female class scales down accordingly once you pass Honshu) is high-class personified, a licensed yoga instructor, and would never even consider looking on the Internet for a date. She would actually laugh at such an endeavor.

Anyway, here's a few photos of my 45-year-old Japanese wife (ten years my junior!), just to show that high-class cultured women do exist outside the realm of social media.

My final advice to the OP (if real): Shut down your Snap Chat and Instagram accounts and try actually "talking" with a quality woman in real life. If you can.

Good luck!
So, did you meet your lovely wife while building a catamaran in an isolated boat yard? How difficult do you think that would be?

Your post shows that you are clueless here. I don't think you've been here long enough to know some of the great old members. John Rodgers, known on the forums as imagine2frolic is an Eternal Member here. Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: imagine2frolic

- Cruisers & Sailing Photo Gallery

Others may or may not recall that John met his "Little Brown Love" as he was fond of calling her, on the internet. She is Philippine. They loved each other deeply. And she could stand her watch, even when seasick.

I've also met a couple of other cruising couples that hooked up online.

And you are off base about the OP, and the thread. Maybe you should find another thread to follow?
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:05   #173

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

To the OP.

Buy yourself a small condo, make sure it is clean, presentable and everything works with perhaps some updating new paint, and that sense of stability will attract and be more conducive to a lot more women then a half finished boat. Condos are cheap in the Florida area nowadays, and when you're done with it you can always sell it perhaps even at a profit.

It'll always give you a place to go back to, if you travel across the country, and it's a really nice place to go to when you have dirty work on the boat and you want to live there also.

I have both a condo and a boat down in Florida.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 08-09-2015, 09:07   #174

According to this "impromptu online survey" ...the man with the biggest boat won?
sorry I find this thread the most interesting. disclaimer {a woman with hair extensions and/or more than 50 pairs of shoes will not like living on a boat}
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:33   #175

Boat: campion 32 motorsail. 25 beachcomber ketch

as a single boater who was once a live aboard i found that for some women the notion of sailing off into the sunset can be an attraction all by itself. heck in some cases the guy can be far less attractive than the idea alone. if you find someone like this the realities of living in a space the size of 3 or 4 dumpsters (that are not even level but standing on their corners) can wear some people down regardless of how nice the boat may be. if you are fortunate enough to find anyone that is willing to be with you to explore the idea of cruising try a few short multi day cruises in your area get out of sight of land and see how that goes. i have yet to find a gal willing to explore past these parameters. meeting the girls of any age is no problem you have to find out if they are truly interested in this lifestyle. to quote a fairly notorious sailor here on the island, "you can fake an orgasm but you can't fake boating " fair winds everyone
svhydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34   #176
cruiser

Boat: Whisstock 63

Ok so here she is....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	at anchor.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	108644  
deathcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:37   #177
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by svhydra View Post
as a single boater who was once a live aboard i found that for some women the notion of sailing off into the sunset can be an attraction all by itself. heck in some cases the guy can be far less attractive than the idea alone. if you find someone like this the realities of living in a space the size of 3 or 4 dumpsters (that are not even level but standing on their corners) can wear some people down regardless of how nice the boat may be. if you are fortunate enough to find anyone that is willing to be with you to explore the idea of cruising try a few short multi day cruises in your area get out of sight of land and see how that goes. i have yet to find a gal willing to explore past these parameters.
There are plenty of attractive women crewing on yachts out there. Yes, they get paid well, but surely part of that job's attraction is being on the water, the enjoyment of travel, and general interest in boating. The trick would be to find one that can, and is willing to work on boats, and is between charters. It could happen. Thinking about it, I have some friends in Panama that more or less got together that way.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:37   #178
cruiser

As I bought and as she is now....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	When i found her.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	108645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hull repair.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	108646  

Name:	Work starts.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	108647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hull Finished.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	108648  

Name:	Painted over repair.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	108649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Painting underway.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	108650  

Name:	2012 painting.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	108651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Repaired.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	108652  

Old 08-09-2015, 10:40   #179
cruiser

But most importantly...my Partner and my new girl...2 yrs old...

so it is possible...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lisa.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	108653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lisa In the Galley.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	108654  

Name:	Rib fun.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	108655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lisa and Me.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	108656  

Name:	lisa and Kitty my 2 year old.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	108657  
Old 08-09-2015, 11:34   #180

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot

DeathC. thanks for sharing the pics of boat and wife. I am also married to an Asian woman. Happy for you and her. You two look wonderful together. You have the world in the palm of your hand.
alansmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single