Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 13:25   #91

Boat: csy 37
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

I'm beginning to think 2hullsvenus is yanking our chain. His storyline doesnt make a lot of sense. And besides, what guy would have "venus" in his name? Maybe its really a girl trying to get a line on how guys react to another guy who appears to have "everything" and likes to flaunt it. Maybe those "two hulls" are really the two cardboard boxes he lives in under the I75 overpass.

Just sayin'...
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:26   #92

Boat: 1978 Pearson 424 Ketch

sounds like love and partnership to me
tinkrman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:34   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post
I'm beginning to think 2hullsvenus is yanking our chain. His storyline doesnt make a lot of sense. And besides, what guy would have "venus" in his name? Maybe its really a girl trying to get a line on how guys react to another guy who appears to have "everything" and likes to flaunt it. Maybe those "two hulls" are really the two cardboard boxes he lives in under the I75 overpass.

Just sayin'...
You're probably right.

Care to drive over and see the cardboard boxes? Very, very close to Daytona.

I'm a chick with a pair of cardboard boxes. I epoxied them to make them waterproof. I'm currently anchored under the I-95 bridge, using the old torch from my meth lab as an anchor.

Come on by. I'll cook you up a fresh batch of meth!

Back to reality a moment, I'm flip flopping. Thinking maybe it will take the same 3 months and $$$ the van would take to get the boat more liveable and charterable as a power boat.

Damn.

Still want to be more mobile than a boat allows, but there is some logic to continuing.

Dating still severely limited by boats and no car too.

Emotions suck. Maybe I am a girl.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:46   #94

Boat: csy 37

What yard do have your "under construction" catamaran in?
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:52   #95

Boat: Snipe, Roughwater 41, and Islander 36

PortClydeMe captured it--take his advice.
CLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 13:58   #96

Boat: Catalina 30

Or, he's gay and trying to cover for it with all this 'nubile chick' talk ...?

Whatever, it's been a fun thread.
Skuzzlebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 14:00   #97
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Here are three suggestions meant to help you:

After all this talk, where are the photos of the boat?

1. Show us the boat, including the interior.

2. Since you already have the attention of some female sailors in this thread, post a photo or photos of the owner too, it might help you meet the female sailor of your dreams.

3. There is a Singles Sailors social group here on CF.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 14:17   #98
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post
His storyline doesnt make a lot of sense. And besides, what guy would have "venus" in his name?
Could be the boat name? Pretty sure the OP is being straight with us. Also, pretty sure I've read thousands of his posts, under several different usernames. If I'm right, he knows a hell of a lot about boats, and Sprinters (but still learning about life). I wish him the best.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 14:23   #99

I would list the boat for sale right away. From what I have read you are tired of that project.
I have been looking at small RV's lately and the only ones I could live with are smaller ones that get 16-18mpg. The problem with the Sprinter based RV's is that many Mercedes dealers won't work on them. The new RV's based on the Ram Promaster/Fiat Ducato van appeal to me much more since any Ram dealer will work on them.
I would buy a production RV and have them put in a larger toilet and call it good.
I sold my sailboat in 2009 and did some travelling via airplane and hotel or rental apartments. I met women in Europe and the Middle East that were familiar with the areas and were happy to be tour guides and translators for me.
I tried motorcycle touring this summer and the tent and air mattress and rain gear took up most of the space, so I'm figuring that clothes could be purchased along the way and thrown away, or the tent would need to stay home to make room for clothes. Putting a woman on the bike would result in less space, so she would probably need to ride her own bike, or we would have to travel by car or RV.

My thinking at this point is that I bought a smaller boat for local cruising in the PNW. I have the large touring bike and a smaller motorcyle that I might be able to attach to a small RV van for inland touring.

Look at the price of shipping a van across oceans and consider that you can rent small caravans in Europe and probably other places and save a lot of money and hassle.
Hassle with shipping your van would be the major factor, because it would have to be delivered to a port, then it might sit for a month or more before it winds up at a port at the destination where you could pick it up.
When I was in Ukraine I noted that they have small RV's for rent as well as all over Europe. There are campgrounds all over. I saw several in Montenegro and Croatia.
I saw small cruising boats all over Germany and France in all the rivers and canals which is what led me to buy an old Albin 25.

I went to Burning Man a few years ago and was able to get a ticket for this year, but I sold it when I bought the new boat. It's definitely fun, but so many people want tickets now that it sells out in a few hours. I was in a tent, but would like it better if I had some relief from the heat during the day. Any vehicle you take will be very very dusty and the alkaline dust is really hard to get rid of. Vinegar works.
I went to Sturgis this year in a tent and most people were in RV's and towed the motorcycles. I think it defeats the point of riding a bike to tow it, but concede that they were more comfortable, especially with the rain and hail storms.
Building an RV sounds like a fun idea. It sounds like a lot of work. I have thought about it as well, but if you are tired of working on the boat, you probably won't like building an RV at some point as well.
Old 06-09-2015, 14:40   #100

If the OP gets a box van he'll need to park it somewhere with facilities at times.

Will the line "would you like to come back to my trailer park" be a turn on for single girls?
Old 06-09-2015, 14:44   #101

Boat: still looking for the right Tri

@ 2hullvenus and all the others....

If you are a boater, you are a boater, thats the point... maybe you did some things in the past wrong, e.g. "boat is too big and your finances are too small".

Strong, self confident women out there are well educated, they even can educate kidds alone after divorcing or in patchwork families...

The female psyche is something men in modern world dont get teached, neither in school nor at university. So its up to them to learn differently, e.g. reading beviour sciences, study about psychology etc. ...

If a skipper comes along with a boat which - per se - brings lots of troubles with, why should a woman fall in love with such a "messie chaos type" ??? :-)

Doest make sense, isnt ?

A skipper should know what is going, on his boat... and it should float... not standing on land, being a MV (motor vessel) instead a SV (sailing vessel).

If one manages everything fine, all is well organized, symbolically spoken "the frigerator is filled" (which is a very important signal for women that a man can handle his life not starving of hunger or ending in poorness), then he can attract the right women.

Another aspect... its an illusion to find the right woman via Internet... all virtuality... and for nothing good. Still for falling in love is "real life" the relevant key factor.

A human body is built over thousands of years, the genes fix our behaviour unconciously. E.g. smelling, hormons etc. ... all that comes into count.

If I would like to find a woman who is addicted to sailing, I'd go into the marinas, sailing clubs, look at the regattas where a cool woman brings her trophies home. There are enough women out there who love sailing. And who know how to sail.

One good example of an excellent female sailor is Carol Hasse. Ever heard of ? She is member of the wooden boat foundation, has a 100 ton Captains licence and owns an own boat, a Folke boat. It is in perfect conditions.

Watch her and you will see: she is sweet, she is smart, she is professional, she is entertaining and she has good princips... an excellent boat owner.

If a man want attract a woman, he at least should present such kind of picture Carol Hasse is giving. She is even a good musician and entertaining. (Rec.: The music in the background is played by herself finger picking on the guitar (which you can recognize in the last sequence of this vid).)

Such women are out there... I could address more, e.g. Claudia from Italy; she flew in 2014 to Australia for a complete refit of the legendary Trimaran Spirit... its a racing boat (Formula 40 Trimaran). And the refit was a really dirty, ugly and hard work...

The boat came back into the water in July... she even can repair diesel engines, drive cranes etc. ... if the boat owner like Jason gives a woman like Claudia the feeling, that everything is in balance and giving a positive perspective, it can work. Women can work hard and become dirty... but not too long (at least in Western world), as life is too short.

The result we can see here... the day of relaunch in July 2015...

Women dont like touble shooters, same as most men dont like bitchy slutty girls. On a sailing boat it does not work. All has to be down-to-earth.

Sometimes it is better to offer something on a smaller scale... not too big, not too expensive, but cosy... and its affordable.

Here Amy looking with her hubby how to start a new life with a used boat and how to finance it. This man can be very happy to have her, but he is not a crazy mad guy she wouldnt like it by sure.
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 15:01   #102

Boat: 38 roberts ketch

wow - where to start...in order of importance you need to a; learn a lot more about what women want, b; grow up, c; get rid of the idea that stupid toys (boats,rvs etc) make any difference to who or what you are, d; grow up, e; strap in, you're going to have a fun ride if you live much longer.
charliehows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 15:20   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum View Post
Do you really think a woman would be attracted to a box truck!
True. Buy a Mercedes Sprinter Van 3500. Diesel, good mileage, lasts forever, and you can always say, " I drive a Mercedes" which has some sale value.
SniperSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 15:53   #104

Boat: Coronet Oceanfarer30

What an interesting topic! It speaks to me and Im sure most men.
Im a single cruiser too and love the luxuries of life.
I too discovered the 1% rule mentioned above
ie1% of women love boats.. the other 99% view them as something to sip cocktails on in a calm sea anchored by a white beach fringed with palm trees.. then after sunset go home to the big bathroom and air conditioning.

But you know, I accept that. They come to visit, they go home when they are ready and life goes on.

It works for me as Im a loner and loving it! I do as I please and dont answer to anyone. Selfish? Maybe but thats how it is and they dont have to stay if they dont like it.

Each to his own, but I can't see myself giving up my boat for any other lifestyle.
Ironman162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 15:54   #105

Boat: 1968 Sparkman and Stephens. '1 ton' 36 ft, Kauri
Send a message via Skype™ to Saltyrope
Thumbs up Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
Your issue with women is entirely separate from your issue with boats.
However, you seem to be messing up both issues equally well.

By creating barriers to you own success, you guarantee your failure. How about thinking of women as real people with their own dreams, careers, and goals. And how about owning a sailboat that actually sails if you want to go sailing.

You asked.
Most astute !
Saltyrope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single