Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2015, 17:49   #331

Boat: Macgreggor Venture 22
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

This was a very entertaining thread to read! The original poster is obviously very lost as to his go forward plan and obviously relying on one of us to draw the map. What I gathered from his writing is this: He has a junked out sailboat that he is attempting to utilize as a baited trap for the females of our human species. Since he is not really sure how to go about fixing it he is looking for cheap laborers to do it for him. Like minions I guess? Meanwhile, as his minions are hard at work he intends to get a box truck?! Lol lol. He said box truck right? No doubt to collect all of the women he intends to take out to the middle of the ocean. Not just any women , but young nubiles.... He said he was divorced right? One can only wonder why? Lol
Curious Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 23:35   #332

Boat: 1979 San Juan 7.7M

QUOTE]
So..?? I'm 67 in 6days.. usually broke.. just not restricted to a 5yr zone..
its not the wrapping mate its what's inside.. age is just a number.[/QUOTE]

Hi all, Came to post a question on a different subject, saw this thread and had to jump in! For starters, I "resemble" the remark above! I recently received my medicare greetings in the mail so I've got a few years on the author of this thread. I've been living aboard as a single for 15+ years. I was married when I got my first boat (a 30 Newport), she got the boat in the divorce (whole 'nuther story) I bought a 25 footer, all I could afford and have been happy and snug as a bug ever since... got over the woman real quick, but couldn't get over loosing the boat. That said, I've noticed (since I've been in the heartland and on both coasts) that meeting a cruising soul mate is much easier when you're hanging out where cruising boats and cruising people are. I wasted a lot of time meeting women on cruising sites or ashore until it dawned on me that it made no sense to start relationships with women who did not share the same passion for my chosen life style. Those relationships did not all end badly, but, they all ended. I have since been content to live my dream and am doing so without expectation. If I find my first mate along the way, then I'm all the better for it. If I never find someone to share my vessel, I am content that I can get up when I want, stay out as late as I want, come home when I want, go where I want when I want without having to confer with, ask permission from or grovel about. This life style is too fulfilling for minor idiosyncrasies. It's not for everyone, but for some people like me. it can be and is the be all to end all. And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life, it can only work if she embraces the same view. If in fact it's your own view.

And that's the news from Lake Woebegone ...
Old 14-12-2015, 00:30   #333
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Yep.

I have a lot of female friends because I gave up with the "hunter" approach a few years ago. I never met anyone that I wanted more from until recently, and it is someone that fits the criteria that I had on my do not touch list. A fellow doctor, a passionate Cuban and a mother of a 6 year old. Oh, and limited English.

She has a wicked sense of humour. When I asked if she liked boats, she fixed me with a steely eye and said: "Please! for us they are used only once as transport to flee the country". I collapsed laughing.

She actually lives in Spain and has for a number of years and is a very happy person.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 00:39   #334

Boat: Orca 38

"And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life"........ I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it that way, but damn, that's funny!
Old 14-12-2015, 01:28   #335

Boat: 45' CC ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwestR View Post
And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life...
...especially if you cruise places like Thailand
Sea Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 04:23   #336

Boat: 55' sloop.

Hi all, Came to post a question on a different subject, saw this thread and had to jump in! For starters, I "resemble" the remark above! I recently received my medicare greetings in the mail so I've got a few years on the author of this thread. I've been living aboard as a single for 15+ years. I was married when I got my first boat (a 30 Newport), she got the boat in the divorce (whole 'nuther story) I bought a 25 footer, all I could afford and have been happy and snug as a bug ever since... got over the woman real quick, but couldn't get over loosing the boat. That said, I've noticed (since I've been in the heartland and on both coasts) that meeting a cruising soul mate is much easier when you're hanging out where cruising boats and cruising people are. I wasted a lot of time meeting women on cruising sites or ashore until it dawned on me that it made no sense to start relationships with women who did not share the same passion for my chosen life style. Those relationships did not all end badly, but, they all ended. I have since been content to live my dream and am doing so without expectation. If I find my first mate along the way, then I'm all the better for it. If I never find someone to share my vessel, I am content that I can get up when I want, stay out as late as I want, come home when I want, go where I want when I want without having to confer with, ask permission from or grovel about. This life style is too fulfilling for minor idiosyncrasies. It's not for everyone, but for some people like me. it can be and is the be all to end all. And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life, it can only work if she embraces the same view. If in fact it's your own view.

And that's the news from Lake Woebegone ...[/QUOTE]

Great post! Hear hear!
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 09:21   #337

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Yep.

I have a lot of female friends because I gave up with the "hunter" approach a few years ago. I never met anyone that I wanted more from until recently, and it is someone that fits the criteria that I had on my do not touch list. A fellow doctor, a passionate Cuban and a mother of a 6 year old. Oh, and limited English.

She has a wicked sense of humour. When I asked if she liked boats, she fixed me with a steely eye and said: "Please! for us they are used only once as transport to flee the country". I collapsed laughing.

She actually lives in Spain and has for a number of years and is a very happy person.
Given the "communication" problems so often (but not always) inherent b'twn. men & women in relationships, I've often wondered if an actual language barrier might be helpful!
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 15:30   #338

Lol... This stuff is hilarious!
Old 16-12-2015, 19:43   #339

Your qualification that the women being hot and nubile is probably why you are single. This comes across as very shallow and is not attractive. Most older men with a beautiful woman on their arm are usually wealthy. They can "afford" to be shallow.
cruisetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 19:58   #340

Boat: Ohlson 29

Even the OP gave up on this thread (p)ages ago ...
but it just keeps going ...

Old 16-12-2015, 19:59   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetime View Post
Your qualification that the women being hot and nubile is probably why you are single. This comes across as very shallow and is not attractive. Most older men with a beautiful woman on their arm are usually wealthy. They can "afford" to be shallow.
good show!
Old 16-12-2015, 20:02   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Even the OP gave up on this thread (p)ages ago ...
but it just keeps going ...

Yes but Lizzy, it's funny.. People are still finding it... Pass the popcorn... And leave the horse alone... That's so mean... Lol
Old 16-12-2015, 20:19   #343

Boat: Ohlson 29

Oops, yeah, sorry about the horse ...

Have some and here's a too
Old 16-12-2015, 20:37   #344

Thank you much Kizzy.. Popcorn is good and salutè... How's the weather there tonight...?
Old 16-12-2015, 20:43   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Sailor View Post
Thank you much Kizzy.. Popcorn is good and salutè... How's the weather there tonight...?
Lizzy. not Kizzy... That really was a typo.. Not tipsy here.. Lol

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single