Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2018, 18:19   #2416

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

And now the fish....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180724_031206.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	180795
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 19:01   #2417

Boat: Sold Catalina 250

I should not be surprised at the well thought out comments on this subject. A few years ago I commented about a man that wanted a lady of over 50 years old to leave her home, car and job to go sailing for as long as it is fun. My comment was to have something to come back to and how long are you employable? I agree that woman have discounted themself setting aside their dreams for a person that is not committed to a relationship. Becsuse there are so many willing to accept this type of relationship. A woman that expects more is odd and many men will walk away from any relationship that requires effort or committment. I also have decided if someone doesnt match up with my life to not invest time or attachment. We have all become a little detatched. Not opposed to commitment, married for 26 years and raised a family. You cannot know if she will like cruising, she may not know herself, yes the percentages are low so maybe spend some time sailing. I ventured out to try cruising and connected with a single sailor that claimed he wanted someone to share it with, first as crew and later in a relationship, only to end up on the rocks literally. I found that this man didnt give a rats ass about my needs when the boat literally sank with all my belongings,,no honey are you OK, nothing! It goes both ways. I know couples who pocket cruise winters and live on land in summer. Comprimise is sometimes needed. No one should give up their life to commit to someone for as long as it is fun. I feel that both Men and women have lost the importance of providing a secure environment in which Love can grow. Really is sad but Im saving my heart for someone thst is emotionally available snd understands what it takes to enjoy a life together. Some of us just remain single because it is the path of least resistance. Humans were created to be interdependent and somewhere things got screwed up.
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 19:11   #2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Some of us just remain single because it is the path of least resistance.
Ah Lorrie, I'm so sorry. Can you share more about what happened with the grounding? I have noticed that many women trust their (male) partners implicitly because they think they don't have the competencies or skills to question the guy. Trust is absolutely not a bad thing per se; it's just a little misplaced sometimes. And compromise can be a tough skill to master....
Old 18-11-2018, 07:34   #2419

Now this is heart warming. Falling head over heels in love at 90 with a rocking big wedding at 93. She might even call him her "boy toy," too

Old-school love: 93-year-old widow marries 87-year-old widower
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e-married-age/
Old 19-11-2018, 04:43   #2420

Boat: Pearson 365 and Jeanneau 371

keep looking and remain open to finding love, companionship and mutual trust and, as to placing "trust" (nautically speaking) in the competence of sailing, be it man or woman, without ego tripping this should be sorting itself out anyway (if you were on the same page anyway). Some events occur that even the "captain" can't forsee or prevent, others are able to be sorted out with perseverance as a prime determining factor (hopefully accompanied by skill set necessary to effect desired outcome). Gamayun, I see the boat, the fish, but the worm grunting eludes me. I think I understand the concept though I usually employ a small garden trowel with minimal sound effects. Too much noise and those worms might misunderstand my intent before I catch them. Nice fish, boat and attitude by the way. And with you and Lorrie being part of the discussion, this thread really should be relabeled as "Single Living Aboard and Cruising" as the contributions are worthwhile from both points of view.
piloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:31   #2421

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
keep looking and remain open to finding love, companionship and mutual trust and, as to placing "trust" (nautically speaking) in the competence of sailing, be it man or woman, without ego tripping this should be sorting itself out anyway (if you were on the same page anyway). Some events occur that even the "captain" can't forsee or prevent, others are able to be sorted out with perseverance as a prime determining factor (hopefully accompanied by skill set necessary to effect desired outcome). Gamayun, I see the boat, the fish, but the worm grunting eludes me. I think I understand the concept though I usually employ a small garden trowel with minimal sound effects. Too much noise and those worms might misunderstand my intent before I catch them. Nice fish, boat and attitude by the way. And with you and Lorrie being part of the discussion, this thread really should be relabeled as "Single Living Aboard and Cruising" as the contributions are worthwhile from both points of view.

Well, piloto, you could make a new thread with your title, but the old one is too long to make sense to change the name at this point. One of the volunteers would have to go through the whole thing and change the title on all the posts and pages, and then, the first part, twohullvenus' wouldn't make sense....tedious clerical work for a limited gain.

Historically, there has been a group here, The Mermaids, just for women. Men outnumber the women on the forum.

However, a new thread would generate interest, so I'd like to encourage you to start one, it would be welcome. Since the singles are each others potential partner pool, having both genders recognized makes sense.

Ann
Old 19-11-2018, 12:47   #2422

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot

Ann Cate, does Jim know that every single guy on here wants to find a woman like you? Smile.
alansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:57   #2423
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunseeker View Post
Wanted, a good women who can dig worms, catch and cook fish and has a boat longer than 32'. Please send a photo of your boat!
You can keep the worms and the fish..
Ladies 32ft is just fine and I can cook for two..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 13:11   #2424

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Ann Cate, does Jim know that every single guy on here wants to find a woman like you? Smile.
Be careful what you wish for, mates...

But yeah, one could do worse!

Jim
Old 19-11-2018, 13:17   #2425

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Thank you for the kind words, sir!

I remember Jim saying, years and years ago, now, that just as I had given up training up bridge partners, only to have them move away, he was very glad to meet a woman who already had sailing experience. I was very junior crew, and he brought me along. I absorbed his ways of doing things. We were a couple for almost 10 yrs., before we married. Both of us, once burned, twice shy.

Ann
Old 19-11-2018, 13:29   #2426

I have two children. They are wonderful human beings: Successful, caring and kind.

I go to a class at church with women older than me. They are well read and have inquisitive minds plus most have a formal education. Good on em.

Living with a woman is something I've done almost my entire life. It is just a choice that served me well. I know my bank has seen the money come and go. Fortunately, there is enough to keep me fatter than I should be, dressed in the way I prefer and entering retirement without qualms.
crooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 16:21   #2427

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Thank you for the kind words, sir!

I remember Jim saying, years and years ago, now, that just as I had given up training up bridge partners, only to have them move away, he was very glad to meet a woman who already had sailing experience. I was very junior crew, and he brought me along. I absorbed his ways of doing things. We were a couple for almost 10 yrs., before we married. Both of us, once burned, twice shy.

Ann
Sweet You two certainly are inspirational for the rest of us with good attitudes and humor!
Old 19-11-2018, 16:28   #2428

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Gamayun, I see the boat, the fish, but the worm grunting eludes me. I think I understand the concept though I usually employ a small garden trowel with minimal sound effects. Too much noise and those worms might misunderstand my intent before I catch them.
I was trying to be humorous and suggesting that grunting is a little more refined than digging them up. It's also an interesting technique that works. Perhaps it tickles, or they think it's raining....or something else? I don't think anyone knows.
Old 19-11-2018, 17:35   #2429

Wait.
What??
Are you guys all asleep??
Did you read Gamayun's posts?
Holy guacamole, it just doesn't GET any better than this...
An accomplished and pretty lady-sailor who owns a sweet looking sailboat and casually catches sweet looking albacore... oh and she's SINGLE??!!
Whaddya waiting for, to see if she's a sports fan or something??
Not gonna talk to her unless she drinks your brand of beer??
Too good to be true?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GamayunBoatFish.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	180933  
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 19:16   #2430

Aw shucks, Cyan, please don't make it too obvious. Women kinda like their men dense and helpless, ya know?

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single