Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 16:51   #196
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcruzer View Post
(QUOTE=David_Old_Jersey;1910171]I married Asian. She couldn't cook for ****. But handy with a knife - but for business reasons only. Lol.
Mentioned only because Asian women are as varied as women from anywhere else. Men much the same. Lol.)

Sorry don't agree...might be a tad biased, but I have found my Asian partner to be all of those things most men want. The Asian mindset is very different from western women.
We have been together now for 7 years. She cooks to die for and she is great company. She is a great mum, and she looks after Kitty and myself very well. All in all I consider myself very lucky. I should get a ring on her finger ASAP really.
Man, I've read all 6 of your posts. You are a keeper here. Same for allansmith. I hope we get more members like you. Nice posts you guys.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 17:03   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_77903 View Post
If the OP chooses not to divulge location, or post photos of his cat or lady's, its certainly his choose.
As I and others here have said, he is real, the cat is real, the lady's are real. Some of us have seen pics, and things in real life, so accept or move on......
I lived in Austin, Tejas in 1979. Nice town. By the way, Rockport, Maine is also a nice town. Thanks for posting.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 17:08   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcruzer View Post
Sorry don't agree...might be a tad biased, but I have found my Asian partner to be all of those things most men want. The Asian mindset is very different from western women.
We have been together now for 7 years. She cooks to die for and she is great company. She is a great mum, and she looks after Kitty and myself very well. All in all I consider myself very lucky. I should get a ring on her finger ASAP really.
Uh oh! Be careful! In western (American) parlance, 7 years is when the "itch" starts creeping in.

Wouldn't trade my Japanese wife for a mountain of gold. Then again, I might trade her for a used 64-foot Little Harbor sloop.
Old 08-09-2015, 17:25   #199

Boat: Ericson 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Sell it and get something smaller and ready to go..Face it.. your a single guy and getting older.. time to give up the fantasy's of filling those staterooms with nubile, willing hotties and face facts..
1% of women love boats.. the other 99% view them as something to sip cocktails on in a calm sea anchored by a white beach fringed with palm trees.. then after sunset go home to the big bathroom and air conditioning..
The 'Headless Chicken Dance' is a waste of time..
I agree 100% with you !
ALAIN97133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 20:34   #200

I guess my biggest question is how did a tread called "single men living aboard and cruising ..." turn into replies with pictures of married mens wives... ha ha ha ..
It should be called "married men and their live aboard wives" ?
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 21:06   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
I guess my biggest question is how did a tread called "single men living aboard and cruising ..." turn into replies with pictures of married mens wives... ha ha ha ..
It should be called "married men and their live aboard wives" ?
haha

Because this thread has nothing really to do with living aboard a boat as a single man. It has everything to do about a divorced guy over 40 who has now lost his interest in restoring a catamaran and how he still has the looks and panache to successfully hunt down young nubile hotties on the Net via social media and the best method of motorized transportation to accomplish said goal.

It's a fun thread.

What I really love is how the OP posted numerous personal details about his divorce, his age, his good looks, and his boating projects, and when I suggest that he post a few pictures of his boat his long-time BIG CF pals jump in to say "How dare you ask him to show pictures of his project catamaran?!!"

haha! So good!
Old 23-10-2015, 18:56   #202

Boat: Boatless

Purpose....... A good woman desires a man with character and vision. If it's the "hotties" you desire trust me they will never satisfy.

Have you considered mission work, using your skills and perhaps a smaller functional boat to reach out to those who could learn from you?

Even if in an RV there are tons of opportunities to truly serve. The kind of partners you meet there, if relationship is truly your goal, are the kind that will stand by their man.

All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

"Take it all in, it's as big as it seems, count all your blessings, remember your dreams" JB
akprb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 19:52   #203

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akprb View Post
Purpose....... A good woman desires a man with character and vision. If it's the "hotties" you desire trust me they will never satisfy.

Have you considered mission work, using your skills and perhaps a smaller functional boat to reach out to those who could learn from you?

Even if in an RV there are tons of opportunities to truly serve. The kind of partners you meet there, if relationship is truly your goal, are the kind that will stand by their man.

All the best!

I hope you don't mean religious. The last thing needed is the export of more of that.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 21:19   #204

Thread was at a bit of a breakdown moment. Those who have built large catamarans can understand.

Sticking with the boat. In transit with it right now.

Still, much of the thread is true. I left 2 fantastic girls behind up in winter wonder land. They had too much going on to follow. A third who I'm not as into keeps asking to fly down asap.

On of the 2 fantastic ones is flying in with friends early November and will spend some time with me.

Pretty sure both good ones in winter wonderland will be waiting when I get back. One said there is no doubt about it.

Problem is... they are not travelers or people who like to drift around.

We'll see what happens in fl this winter. The girls in south Florida tend to be a little more open minded, in general, about boats and travel. Did meet 2 in north Florida recently, but they are, again, stuck. Most of the girls I meet seem to be enrolled in school.It keeps them from going places.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 22:40   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
Ha ha ha! Touché

I'm not that "ducks in a row"

Just normal 1%er stuff.

Honestly, I don't actually like stuffy women like you are describing. I can certainly understand how that would work if you are into those types though.

I do enjoy my snapchat/Instagram types. I like em fun, with a youthful spirit. Just a better match. The only art I currently do is Art Basel in Miami with my Snapchat/Instagram types.
I have not even made it thru the first page and I can tell you outright that IF you had the income you pretend to have.. you would not be on a project boat, no car, no class and chasing your dick. Nor would you be on a chatboard like this seeking relationship advice..

You are like my older sibling... he got older the wives got younger. The last one left him over the over the no kids issue.. he was not poor, by any means. He admitted to me once, that the worst trouble he ever got in was caused by chasing his dick. I agree... I almost ran to the graveyard to see if he had risen from the dead... you sound exactly like him. It never ends well...
bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 02:54   #206

There are many emotionally immature men out there chasing a media created fantasy of the perfect partner. So many idiots and so little time.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 04:36   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
I have not even made it thru the first page and I can tell you outright that IF you had the income you pretend to have.. you would not be on a project boat, no car, no class and chasing your dick. Nor would you be on a chatboard like this seeking relationship advice..

You are like my older sibling... he got older the wives got younger. The last one left him over the over the no kids issue.. he was not poor, by any means. He admitted to me once, that the worst trouble he ever got in was caused by chasing his dick. I agree... I almost ran to the graveyard to see if he had risen from the dead... you sound exactly like him. It never ends well...
1% isn't a very high bar. I'd bet a majority of people on here are 1% in income.

EDIT: My mistake. Just Googled the definition and it seems to have changed a lot. Using this, it's actually top 3%.

How close are you to the top 1%? - CNNMoney

I'd say plenty of people here are in that bracket. Building high performance, world cruising catamarans isn't cheap. Especially when you have some employees for years on end helping.

I usually pick women that don't want kids. Much better compatibility.

Well, I'm not your brother and I'll do whatever I want to in life. I'm sure my path will differ from his.

I've got about a million women to pick from, but it's not easy finding boat/travel compatible ones who don't want kids. Working on it though.

Take care.
2hullvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 05:12   #208
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownoarsman View Post
Have the people posting pictures of their wives asked permission before distributing these pics online as some sort of midlife pissing contest? I mean, how can we talk about not objectifying women in one breath, and move to this action in the other?

Hey!
I have no objections.

I feel safer around married women and it doesnt hurt that they are nice people.

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 06:14   #209

Boat: a sailing boat

I would sacrifice nothing. I would identify the most attractive rabbit (be it a boat or a girl) and go right for it full monty.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 07:16   #210

Boat: Ericson 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hullvenus View Post
Thread was at a bit of a breakdown moment. Those who have built large catamarans can understand....... We'll see what happens in fl this winter. The girls in south Florida tend to be a little more open minded, in general, about boats and travel. Did meet 2 in north Florida recently, but they are, again, stuck. Most of the girls I meet seem to be enrolled in school.It keeps them from going places.
Don't you think it's time for you to start looking for a smaller sailboat & a nice 49 year old "girl" madly in love with you so she won't mind, in a few years, changing your senior citizen diapers Many ladies that age are better looking than you probably are & quite a handful in bed... Alcool & tobacco are the two best known sex downers... Look for a mormon girl & pray "god" (?), like I do, to die during your last orgasm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AdultDiapers.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	111515  
ALAIN97133 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single