Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2018, 14:49   #1876

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Awwww Man! Can't wait to hear what the "survey says"!
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 14:51   #1877
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

I have to say at this point, that neither my friend and I agree with the research..

I asked his wife on the phone and then told her the research conclusion... there was silence then muffled laughter...
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 14:56   #1878

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Size matters! Women really like a huge bank account.

Seriously, I'd say it's the same thing we find attractive; a smile.

goat
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 14:58   #1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I have to say at this point, that neither my friend and I agree with the research..

I asked his wife on the phone and then told her the research conclusion... there was silence then muffled laughter...
Perhaps the age demographics of the survey skewed the results? At 20-35 I stupidly was not searching out men that made me happy with laughter. Wisdom comes with age.
Old 21-01-2018, 15:06   #1880
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Well it actually a rework of old data but they considered the conclusion was the same.

Well Ill tell yah...

People with passion in their lives are driven. They don’t just meander or float through life, they have purpose. They have something they live for, something they care about with an intensity that you just don’t see often. Women find this the most attractive trait.

Go figure...
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 15:13   #1881

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Well it actually a rework of old data but they considered the conclusion was the same.

Well Ill tell yah...

People with passion in their lives are driven. They don’t just meander or float through life, they have purpose. They have something they live for, something they care about with an intensity that you just don’t see often. Women find this the most attractive trait.

Go figure...
You mean a man who's intense passion in life is the woman they're with, right? (very sarcastic)
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 15:20   #1882

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:

Well Ill tell yah...

Go figure...
Dang it! I'm just floating through life.....
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 15:28   #1883
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:

Well Ill tell yah...

Go figure...
Worked for Melania..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 15:36   #1884

Quote:

Well Ill tell yah...

Go figure...
Well then that explains why I'm so unattractive. Always thought it was my looks! I get that though, someone focused and driven is usually going to be successful in their endeavors. I try to be focused, but alas, I get distracted by life happenings. Perhaps I should focus more on my passions at this stage in life and see what that brings to me.
Old 21-01-2018, 16:03   #1885
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Originally Posted by weavis

Well Ill tell yah...

Go figure...

Actually Weavis.. the above ties in with the ambitions off many young Spanish women in their early twenties back in the 1990's.
Find a successful businessman or professional in his mid to late forties and marry him..
Then find a lover her own age..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 16:15   #1886

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Dang it! I'm just floating through life.....
One of my favorite sayings is "Float Purposefully Through Life." This defines the constant contradictions we face -- nothing is black or white -- as well as the fight-or-flight conundrum when faced with something difficult. Applies to sailing very well.

As to the most attractive trait in a man? To me, it's an undefinable lightness of being. Someone who will push his own boundaries because of a love of life and all its unknowns. Perhaps, this is the "passion" that women in the poll were suggesting, which from my perspective has nothing to do with intimacy, per se, although it would follow naturally that a passionate person is also a better lover (and sailor, of course, keeping with the CF theme).
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 16:46   #1887

Boat: Various

Quote:
This is for women.

What is the most attractive trait about a man?
Wifey B: Heart/soul/caring/compassion. All sort of rolled into one. My man can look in your eyes and see right into your soul and he can have a blue eyed blonde big boobed young girl in front of him and still care what her dreams are and want to get to know her. He cares. We can trust him. He's kind, sweet and girls fall for him before they know how smart he is or any of his other attributes. Sincerity perhaps is it. He speaks from his heart so reaches you. So hard to describe, but examples....

He meets a woman. He will speak kindly to them and he'll compliment them. It's not just a move though like with many men and women. Whatever he says, he means it. It may be eyes or hair or smile or voice or dress or shoes or anything but it will be real. We just went around the room with each female here saying what his first words to them were. His smile isn't huge but it's gentle, safe and comforting. He's athletic, was a powerful businessman, but he's the gentlest man there is.

Oh, and he or guys like him want to talk about you, not themselves. Getting him to talk about himself is so hard and he'll never brag, but he will definitely focus on the woman. Give him 5 minutes and it seems he has their life story.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 16:50   #1888

This topic came up the other night when the Admiral offered her main reason for jumping in with two feet. Her words made me laugh. She said that she carefully observed how I treated my dog when she came to my home on our second date. She saw such an outpouring of love that her decision was made that day.

I never would have guessed such a thing. There may just be a bit of mystery that no man can prepare for. I doubt all women would make a keeper/no-keeper decision based upon observing a bond between a dog and a man. Moral of the story? You'll never guess her prime criteria, so love your dog, just in case.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 16:56   #1889

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan View Post
This topic came up the other night when the Admiral offered her main reason for jumping in with two feet. Her words made me laugh. She said that she carefully observed how I treated my dog when she came to my home on our second date. She saw such an outpouring of love that her decision was made that day.

I never would have guessed such a thing. There may just be a bit of mystery that no man can prepare for. I doubt all women would make a keeper/no-keeper decision based upon observing a bond between a dog and a man. Moral of the story? You'll never guess her prime criteria, so love your dog, just in case.
Yup, it all comes back to the DOG again!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 17:02   #1890

Boat: Tartan 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by double u View Post
my lady of nearly 40 years just contributed a valuable quote to this thread:
"Men left to their own devices will live like billy-goats!"
Strange.

Where is she from?
Larry Florida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single