Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46   #1

Similar layout to Bombay Clipper

Note to reader i do not have all my nautical terms down, sorry if they are wrong.

I've lived on a 25ish Coronado for a few years and really didn't like the layout. Mostly the head right next to the v berth. Obviously this is an efficient design, since a ton of other boats have the same, i just hate it. Browsing around, i came across the Bombay Clipper 31(BC31) and really like its layout. Biggest things being the head across from the galley(towards the stern of the boat where you step down into the cabin) away from the berth (being towards the bow) Additionally the berth is cut in half, making it more rectangle than v. Very much like these two features and having trouble finding one. I read here that the BC31 is not able to travel across the ocean, this is very bad.

What I'm looking for is a 30ft+ boat with similar layout and additions (galley with stove, shower, etc) of the BC31, that CAN travel across the ocean. And if that's not available, a Bombay Cutter for sale on east coast.

Thanks for your time and appreciate any help
sbro476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23   #2

Re: Similar layout to Bombay Clipper

I have seen a few, but none come to mind right now other than the Tashiba 31 had that as one layout available. Kinda like a Baba 30 with less teak... and big bonus.. built by Ta Shing one of the best. You might try loking at the builders list on Sailboatdata and then looking at their 30 foot boats. TASHIBA 31 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Many boats have a 1/4 berth aft or a nav station... you could convert that area to a head I suppose....

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, sbro476.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 20:21   #4

Looks like the Toshiba 31 is even harder to find than the Bombay Clipper, here's the layout from sailboatdata for the Bombay Clipper: BOMBAY CLIPPER 31 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com,

If anyone hears of a boat for sale or owner interested in selling in the future with similiar layout, 30-40 ft, that is able to cross ocean; I'd really appreciate it.
sbro476 is offline   Reply With Quote