Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2015, 01:28   #1

Short list

Hi all, I'm at the stage of selecting a sailing yacht of up to 50ft. to liveaboard permanently on a marina on the Gold Coast in Australia and doing mostly short hand costal cruising with no more than two of us. I understand a 50 footer might be an overkill for the usage I envisage but it's the space and comfort of that size we won't compromise. I read the reviews, but although I appreciate the expertise of the reviewers, they mostly test the vessels for a day or two. I would like to know the opinions and advises from the one of you who is already doing what I want to do. In my short list there are: Beneteau Sense 50; Jeanneau 50DS; Dufour GL 500; Feeling 52; Hanse 505. I come up with those because of exterior designs and interior layouts. We mainly need only two cabins but plenty of stowage, lots of comforts and no need for speed. My experience is limited for now but time and practice will improve that, wouldn't it? I thank you all in advance for your feedback. Regards. Mark
up_to_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 01:48   #2

Re: Short list

I think that you'll appreciate the ability to get out of bed reasonably easily in the Jeanneau 50DS. The hot heads love the Sense but the the 50DS is built for living in. It probably won't win the Sydney to Gold coast, but will look good cruising along the Broadwater.
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 05:08   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Short list

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Mark.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote