Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-10-2016, 11:49   #61

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Replacing the power inlet for the last time?

Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
If the voltage is so low that a motor stalls, the current will rise because that motor is now just a DC resistance and not generating counter EMF (generating power in reverse).

Other than that, lower voltage means lower current.

And although the OP believes low voltage caused his power inlet to fail, he is incorrect in making the assumption that he has made.
Going back to the OP.

Cadence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:33   #62
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Douglas 32 Mk II

Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Here is one example where you accuse me of "misquoting"
Stop pretending to be a victim.

We all see through it.

There is a significant difference between what I stated and what you claimed I stated. So much so, they don't mean the same thing at all.

This is consistent with the way you attempt to alter the words of others to best suit your arguments throughout this forum when your own arguments don't stand on their own merit.

Based on the many examples of this throughout your posts, I believe it was fully intentional on your part. If not, then you paraphrase extremely poorly, please stop.

Rod Brandon
Sheen Marine
ramblinrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 14:15   #63
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48

OK folks, you got my attention and may have saved me some grief. I was in the process of ordering one of those 50/125 shore power cords. Time to reconsider.

What I have is a 50a/125v panel, a 50a/125v inlet, various adapters and other things I won't mention going to a 50a/125v/220v pedestal. Having read this thread, I'm convinced to go for the smart plug. Problem is they come in 4 wire configuration. So....
can I run a 50 amp 3 wire cable to the inlet, 3 wires from the inlet to the panel (in place) and if so what connector do I use for the pedestal? I can't see the point in running a 4 wire cable to the inlet if the boat only uses 125v

There are no 220v systems on the boat and no plans for any.

Joe & Sue
S/V Presto
jdazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: