Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 29-01-2011, 23:26   #76

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
Lots of really good deals in fl.,non-tourist areas are the best to places look.

Old 29-01-2011, 23:37   #77
cruiser

where are the non tourist areas?

Old 30-01-2011, 00:12   #78

jacksonville,tallahasee,sarasota,look on a google map and find cities away from the beach.beach towns and port towns the people want more.up the rivers are good places too.look at this and pick an area of interest.this is ONLY cities. http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
Old 30-01-2011, 00:20   #79

30' Hunter Sailboat 1978
Old 30-01-2011, 00:24   #80

30 helmsman sailboat

what size exactly? 30-36 ?
Old 30-01-2011, 01:43   #81

OPTION TO BUY- RENTAL- CATALINA 25 -LIVE-ABOARD
Old 30-01-2011, 02:41   #82

sailboat 32 praire 1984 miami ,fl.
Old 30-01-2011, 10:01   #83
cruiser

i saw most of those ads and contacted a couple...I will hopefully be able to see them as i travel down there..
Old 30-01-2011, 14:32   #84
cruiser

so, everyone tells me to go out sailing and get my feet wet and try out different boats...so, i see an ad on Craigslist for a $30 sailing 'lesson' for two hours... and just basic introductory offer kinda thing...

i been in contact with him since before xmas... but for whatever reason it just never happend.. util today...

the weather reports have been bad... cloudy, possible rain, 50/50 chance for rainfall tonight...I contact him several times to ask and confirm and he checks weather and all that and last nite he says yea, but bring a light jhacket just in case..

i reply and tell him to call me in case he cancels...

I have given hiim my number several times.

So, i check my emails this morning and no problems.. and i head out, and it is drizzing

It is raining harder in down town.. and i am 1 hour away, been driving for 40 minutes already...

I get there and call him as i am not sure exactly and he says he canceled and sent me an email 40 minutes ago..

WTF I told him i live 1-1/2 hour away...

OMFG... was pissed...

oh well.. just another reason to get the hell out of california...

flakes, losers... and yes, i know they are all around but recall that my goals are to get off hook...
Old 30-01-2011, 14:48   #85

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Berg,what a pity that your intro to sailing was cancelled . But without defending your SOCA flake .there is an element of learning for you there too. Weather forecasts for where he is at and barometer readings from weathers staions and so forth . All good training for the onboard life before you can be on boat . I used to do weather forecasts for Argentina from Mexico just to see how accurate I was in what I was expecting and what Iw as seeing. Just a thought to keep ya even busier .
Old 30-01-2011, 15:46   #86

Boat: Cape Dory 33, 17' Boston Whaler
Joey,
The seller pays the broker commission. Most brokers know they aren't going to make much off an inexpensive boat and are more interested in moving it quickly than haggling for the last couple of bucks.
Old 30-01-2011, 15:52   #87
cruiser

oh, i can understand weather issues, what i cant understand is the inability to pick up a friggin phone...
Old 31-01-2011, 07:33   #88
vjm

Have you considered weather and insurance issues? By the time you move,locate a boat, buy the boat, fix the boat, and then splash her, we will be at or near hurricane season. Do you have a workable hurricane plan? You could always put her on the hard, but that does cost something. With your limited sailing experience, getting out of the way of a big blow deserves some thought.
Also, I am assuming you will need to be in a marina while you are learning, perhaps for a year or so. That means you have to have insurance, which can be much harder to get in Florida, and is much more expensive if you plan to be there during hurricane season.
My point is not to discourage you, but maybe North carolina would be a better area to buy and keep your boat until hurricane season has passed. By then, you would be more comfortable sailing down to Florida.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:37   #89

Boat: 1982 Oday 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
41ft. Columbia Center Cockpit NEED TO SELL ASAP! BRING ALL OFFERS!

I just saw this one... hmmm, it's huge???

Gotta be something wrong with her???
Well for one thing, that green sink is atrocious!
Old 31-01-2011, 20:36   #90
cruiser

yea, but that is the biggest head i have seen... wow.. I could change that out for a single guy setup and have lots o room for my arse..

Well, 22 more day until i am on the road... I got conflicts... get a boat here, or just keep on keepin on getting some distance between me and this bad land...

and I have kinda moved up on some medical procedures, and am having some outpatient surgery done on Wednesday..wanted to get it done as soon as possible to allow time for recovery so i can drive... btw, did i happen to mention before that i hate my EFFING back...

anyways... my daughter came by this afternoon to help me clean up and thow away stuff...I filled a completely empty dumpster... omg... I still have more stuff to throw away... I have to clean out the garage and the kitchen...It's at least 1 dumpster, probably two... ... sorry HOA neighbors....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: