Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2016, 09:20   #1

New to CF

Hi everyone. My name is Craig. I am just getting my feet wet as it were to the boating community. My dream is to get a boat that I can live on. I have no experience with boats but absolutely love RV's so am use to small confined living spaces. I don't have a boat as yet but am working on it. My plan at the moment is to get educated and learn from the experience of others to avoid COSTLY mistakes. Maybe make a few friends along the way. Some informal mentoring. I am in the process of signing up for boater safety courses through USPS and USCG aux. I am mostly a solitary person. I am a fan of alternative energies. Bit of a gadget lover. Early 40's. Am from and currently live in Wisconsin. At the moment I am working to get a small sail for practice/hands-on experience. Any thoughts, advice, information would be invaluable.
Lonestar1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 09:44   #2

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: New to CF

Hi Craig - Welcome to CF! I've been using it as a classroom for years - lots of knowledge here.

As much as I admire your intention of learning from others' mistakes, I think you'll find that (for me, at least) it's mostly just words until you make the mistake and you learn it via your pocketbook. Then you laugh and you sit down and post your screw up on CF for everybody else to learn/commiserate/laugh at.

Enjoy - this is a great life.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 10:02   #3

Re: New to CF

Thanks redhead. Nice boat by the way. Love the layout of your galley. Efficient and functional.
Lonestar1017 is offline   Reply With Quote