Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:17   #1

Boat: Albin Coronado 35(1972)
New Blog(?) sailing Ohio to Florida 2015

For all those posters who wonder about living big on a small sailboat and the art of frugal sailing, there's a new Blog(?), on facebook(maybe just a facebook page?), called "Sail Away With Me", with Youtubes that can be found from searching "Mary The Sailing Live Aboard".

This is a family with a rather unique outlook on life ... pioneers, not unlike our great, great, great grandma or grandfather, who knew life had more to offer and took to the Conestoga wagon, in search of an unknown life in the beyond(the Territories of the old, now broken up, Virginia(Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana ...)

An arduous journey ... an exciting journey ... a journey that will often test their mettle ... not quite knowing what to expect, but expecting to deal with whatever that will be.

The Facebook page is this family's chronical(sp), of that journey and there are plenty of pictures, along with videos.

The videos are a little rough, but in the short time I've watched the quality of the videos have improved and are more fun to watch ... they are learning how to entertain.

The boat boat was to depart Wednesday, but the captain got kidney stones ... ouch. A short trip to the hospital, and willing to chance it, they departed Thursday morning, September 3, 2015 ... I told them to hi-lite the hospital locations along the way.

They expected a rather becalmed trip for at least a few days, but a Hot, humid Lake Erie had a surprise for them and they got baptized pretty good last night.

I think a lot of posters who have the dream ... especially the more frugal sailors with the more affordable sailboats, amongst us, may well find this facebook blog(?), educational ... good and bad.

The name of the boat is "Goody Goody" ... something a good friend of mine would say to my cat ... my compadre, every morning, a few years back. They both died the same year(cancer & drowning), and they were both big in my life ... they were both big into life and I miss them both.

The boat is a Newport 28 ... a pretty roomy 28' sailboat ... not heavy in construction, but set up with heavier than normal gear(it was used for racing).

again:
facebook "Sail Away With Me",
Youtube "Mary The Sailing Live Aboard".
SURV69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, ohio, sail, sailing