Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 17:23   #16

Boat: Tartan 30
Re: Need Help on Islander Bahama 30, 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
After looking at this boat I say again, look at the french 32 for sale on this site !! much better deal and nicer boat !! just my 2 cents ! Bob and Connie !! PS it's not in france LOL
I'd agree that Jouet is a fantastic boat for the price. I'd also say there are a lot others out there in the $15-20k range that would be just as good, or possibly even better... Shop around

But the question is whether this Islander is worth 18k or not... I'd say it is (judging by first glance) and chances are that it could be had for less than $15k after negotiating...

I'd highly recommend shopping around a little more But the little islander is a good boat and if that's the one you want, it's probably worth the price. If it's not calling out your name and singing to you, shop around some more....
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28   #17

Boat: Shopping for a 30-ish cat
Re: Need Help on Islander Bahama 30, 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcairns View Post
Just looked at a 1981 Islander bahama 30 to buy. selling for $18,500 any thoughts on price and make and model? The boat looked clean and it's been about 5 years since bottom paint.
I've not sailed an Islander Bahama 30, but I have sailed its bigger brothers the Islander 32 and Islander 36. The Islanders I was on were well built and sailed nicely. I would bet that Bahama 30 is the same, just smaller. Perfect for trips to the Channel Islands or heading up and down the coast in reasonably good weather. I searched the listings in S. Calif. and there are several of them on the market. Chances are you can get this one for $15,000 or less. In my opinion, and assuming the boat is well maintained and ready to go, that's a great deal on a very good boat.
prof_mariner is offline   Reply With Quote