Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 17:54   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Nautical Oddity Live Aboard

I was going to call this "You Might Be A Live Aboard If you're Boat's a Nautical Oddity" since my new "float home" would fit either of the two referenced threads.

I had expected to spend this summer cruising on Honeysuckle but I made a new album this winter and figured I'd put enough into that I owed it to myself to try and get it out there, which pretty much means embracing some city for a while. Victoria may not be the best choice from that point of view but it is lovely and manageable and I've bought a nautical oddity to live on while I do.

I'll keep Honeysuckle where she is and come up and sail as much as I can get away. Hopefully a lot!

So here is Casa Miga:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boardwalk.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	38288

She looks rather lovely in this shot, which is six years old. She was built in 1975 and while she is unlikely to take me anywhere does have a bilge keel! She needs some TLC but I got a great deal and I'm looking forward to it.

Honeysuckle got a lot of attention this winter include a bottom up rebuild of her engine. You don't want to know what that cost. Hopefully she'll go a ways now without needing anything major. The studio will be packed away, as will the furniture for awhile.

I'm going to be a liveaboard again!

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Nautical Oddity Live Aboard

First - I listened to some of your songs on the website, and I gotta say you're not bad. Not bad at all. Hell, if being a mod paid a little better, I'd even buy an album.

Secondly - What an awesome houseboat!!! No kidding, she has character! I mean, I'd be petrified that she's gonna topple over onto her side any moment now, but still, she looks well cool!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Re: Nautical Oddity Live Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
First - I listened to some of your songs on the website, and I gotta say you're not bad. Not bad at all. Hell, if being a mod paid a little better, I'd even buy an album.

Secondly - What an awesome houseboat!!! No kidding, she has character! I mean, I'd be petrified that she's gonna topple over onto her side any moment now, but still, she looks well cool!
Thanks Saucy.

She has character alright! I've only spent one night on her so far but that night the winds must have hit 60 knots and chop was at least a couple of feet. It was a noisy, rough night but she didn't topple over.

She was hauled about six years ago and that was the last time she moved. She was lifted out with a giant crane in commercial yard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Casa Miga2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	38309

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote