Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 09:23   #1

Boat: Horstman Tristar 38
Moving day

Well wanted to share what a crazy week this has been. We moved up our plans of living aboard and taking off cruising by a whole year. So this week we sold, gave away or otherwise got rid of all our stuff. We nearly had a fight in our front yard over my full size tool chest filled with tools which I gave away (I kept the good ones, of course).

We've succesfully emptied the house and just loaded up the cars with what was left of the food and all the other stuff that we didn't know what else to do with. The boat has been fully loaded up with everything we need and everything we don't. We ran a bit short of time and gave up on sorting stuff or even organizing things so now we'll have to dig out the boat again and get things organized. I'm sure it was amusing to the neighbors but at one point I just opened up the hatch to the port ama and was literally throwing bags of clothes and blankets from the port side of the boat (it's 22ft from side to side btw!) to land in the open hatch and make their way down inside somewhere (can't wait to go through all that stuff).

Anyway this is it, we have no house anymore just a boat and two cars (anyone want to buy a car or two?).

I'm fairly proud of ourselves and our boat since we still float above the water line by a good amount though it is at quite an odd angle since most everything has been piled into the aft cabin... Details we'll have to work out later.
natew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:33   #2

Boat: csy 37
Re: Moving day

That may be the best way to start. Cruisers always say the hardest part is casting off the docklines.
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 00:43   #3

Boat: Davidson 31

Great way to make us land lubbers jealous! Will you be keeping a blog so we can follow your adventures?

Shipwright by trade, adventurer by nature
Alistairnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:43   #4

Boat: Horstman Tristar 38

Well we're not really ones for putting ourselves out there but we do have something of a blog, no guarantees of keeping it much up to date. There's already a bunch of things missing.

Our blog: www.sailreprieve.com
Also on facebook under Sail Reprieve

Facebook is way more updated than the blog.
natew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 18:29   #5

Best of luck to u guys. We are nearly there ourselves. Waiting for house to sell. Our stuff is already gone. Anyone want 4.4 acres in N. TX? Wink wink. Nudge nudge

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
frgeorgeh is offline   Reply With Quote