Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2013, 04:50   #1

Looking to sublet a liveaboard in NYC area

The liveaboard situation I had lined up for this winter in NYC just fell through. Does anyone know of anyone looking to sublet their sailboat from now until early February/March?

It would depend a lot on the boat, but I'm looking to pay something in the neighborhood of $500/month for a boat in a marina or roughly half that otherwise. I'm open to any kind of sailboat as long as I can actually take it out sailing.

I'm 28, and I work at a nonprofit in Manhattan. It's a seasonal gig, which is why I'm only in the city through February. I didn't grow up sailing like some of the folks on this forum, but I did crew on both the Inside Passage and an Atlantic crossing this summer.

I lived aboard in NYC two winters ago, on a little 23 foot boat that wasn't in a marina. I'm definitely fine living without heat. I hung a solar shower from the boom and took icy showers all winter. And one morning the companionway hatch had iced over. It's all worth it if I can go sailing.

Let me know if you have any leads! And thanks in advance if anyone can offer any help.
Itinerant Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard, nyc