Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2012, 11:49   #1

Looking for synergy partner

Posting this this is so crazy and absolutely insane, it might just work. I'm straight and in Southwest Oklahoma getting ready to relocate to the Texas coast. I have a small Mac Gregor Venture 222 that is in process of getting ready to go. The idea is once I'm there I'm going to find a larger boat to live on. I've been researching this for years. Like most people now days I live on a budget so tight the proverbial buffalo nickle has to poop a sterling pound before I let it go.
What I'm looking for is the right person to create some plain old fashioned synergy. You are a straight woman or man that wants to blow this land locked pop stand and live the dream, who has the same goal of finding to find a safe, very affordable boat to do it on, ( they are out there) who has a tow vehicle. It can be a pick up, van , RV etc.

The idea is find someone with similar interest and we work together combining resources, in a temporary partnership, we can both end up with our own separate boats to live aboard. IF it turns in to something else, fine. (that will be a miracle if your a guy because I'm just not at a place to start a serious relationship,_ If nothing else we become sailing buddies. (see below for specifics). I don't know for sure when I will be leaving. It depends on how long it takes me to finish the boat to the point I want it to be at. There are DIY yards south but I have a minimal list I want done before I pull out if at all possible. I am HOPING for the first part of November but it just depends on certain non sailing variables that I don't have answers to yet.
You need to be in fairly decent health, have your OWN income that travels well ( SS, retirement or similar), no dependents and preferably no pets. You don't need a huge amount of money to do this. I've got enough to support my end. You need to be able to honestly say the same. I'm not a cougar or a sugar momma and I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. Age does not matter. tell me something about your self as far as stats and why you think you want to do this with me. What, besides a tow vehicle, do you bring to the table?
NO DRUGS! NO DRUNKS! Smoking TOBACCO OK, as I smoke
This part may make me sound like a cold hearted, nasty you know what. I am trying to prevent misunderstandings and drama. It's not that I have anything against doing this with a man. I think men are one of The All Mighty's greatest ideas. All I ask is you can keep your hands to your self. I just flat out REFUSE to deal with the typical male/female drama. If your a guy, like minded and can handle the PG 17 RATED/PLATONIC aspect that's cool as well. If you want to go out alone to find a friend, that is completely OK with me This is not about happily ever after as a couple. Contact me and let's see if it works.MY AGENDA is GETTING MY BUTT ON THE WATER TO GO SAILING AND LIVE THE DREAM! I have a SEVERE CASE OF TUNNEL VISION on THIS TOPIC and I LOVE my attitude. If you have been accused of the same you may be very well perfect for this. It's not about dating, LTR, NSA or any of the stereotypical male-female agendas so prevalent on personal ads sites. Make a pass at this ol' gal and you do NOT pass. I could not care less what you look like and I can promise you, if you are typical male, (as a rule visual creator), if your looking for something other them what I'm stating in this post, you will DEFINITELY be disappointed, so PLEASE same us both the headache of wasting our time unless your goal is finding your own live aboard boat and into pg rated sailing. Having said that, if your a guy and still interested and I have not ran you off, feel free to contact me,
Old 21-10-2012, 22:52   #2

Boat: Cape Cod Shipbuilders Bullseye
Is this posted as a joke or troll?
CCBullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 00:53   #3

Re: Looking for synergy partner

Maybe it's "Sue".
Richard5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 02:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBullseye View Post
Is this posted as a joke or troll?
It is not a joke. I'm dead serious. Not sure what troll is.
Old 22-10-2012, 03:57   #5
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
Maybe it's "Sue".
ROTFLMAO

I thought OP's request was a bit of an ask - but nonetheless I am firmly in the camp of "don't ask - don't get" . Don't have to suit everyone, only one person.......and whilst the specifics of this are of no interest to me, the basic idea of travelling with someone (of either sex) on a no "monkey business" basis whilst sharing a few expenses / the craic is something that has some appeal to me....especially as not a forever thing .

Anyway, this mainly a free thread bump .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 04:51   #6

Boat: O'Day 28

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
Gloria Steinem

Wake up honey, and live your own life.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 05:24   #7

Boat: Hylas 47
Gloria Steinem changed her mind and got married, to a man! I was going to say, "it figures that she changed her mind," but that would be sexist of me.
john540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 05:46   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by useDaGreyMatter View Post
Posting this this is so crazy and absolutely insane, it might just work. I'm straight and in Southwest Oklahoma getting ready to relocate to the Texas coast. I have a small Mac Gregor Venture 222 that is in process of getting ready to go. The idea is once I'm there I'm going to find a larger boat to live on. I've been researching this for years. Like most people now days I live on a budget so tight the proverbial buffalo nickle has to poop a sterling pound before I let it go.
What I'm looking for is the right person to create some plain old fashioned synergy. You are a straight woman or man that wants to blow this land locked pop stand and live the dream, who has the same goal of finding to find a safe, very affordable boat to do it on, ( they are out there) who has a tow vehicle. It can be a pick up, van , RV etc.

The idea is find someone with similar interest and we work together combining resources, in a temporary partnership, we can both end up with our own separate boats to live aboard. IF it turns in to something else, fine. (that will be a miracle if your a guy because I'm just not at a place to start a serious relationship,_ If nothing else we become sailing buddies. (see below for specifics). I don't know for sure when I will be leaving. It depends on how long it takes me to finish the boat to the point I want it to be at. There are DIY yards south but I have a minimal list I want done before I pull out if at all possible. I am HOPING for the first part of November but it just depends on certain non sailing variables that I don't have answers to yet.
You need to be in fairly decent health, have your OWN income that travels well ( SS, retirement or similar), no dependents and preferably no pets. You don't need a huge amount of money to do this. I've got enough to support my end. You need to be able to honestly say the same. I'm not a cougar or a sugar momma and I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. Age does not matter. tell me something about your self as far as stats and why you think you want to do this with me. What, besides a tow vehicle, do you bring to the table?
NO DRUGS! NO DRUNKS! Smoking TOBACCO OK, as I smoke
This part may make me sound like a cold hearted, nasty you know what. I am trying to prevent misunderstandings and drama. It's not that I have anything against doing this with a man. I think men are one of The All Mighty's greatest ideas. All I ask is you can keep your hands to your self. I just flat out REFUSE to deal with the typical male/female drama. If your a guy, like minded and can handle the PG 17 RATED/PLATONIC aspect that's cool as well. If you want to go out alone to find a friend, that is completely OK with me This is not about happily ever after as a couple. Contact me and let's see if it works.MY AGENDA is GETTING MY BUTT ON THE WATER TO GO SAILING AND LIVE THE DREAM! I have a SEVERE CASE OF TUNNEL VISION on THIS TOPIC and I LOVE my attitude. If you have been accused of the same you may be very well perfect for this. It's not about dating, LTR, NSA or any of the stereotypical male-female agendas so prevalent on personal ads sites. Make a pass at this ol' gal and you do NOT pass. I could not care less what you look like and I can promise you, if you are typical male, (as a rule visual creator), if your looking for something other them what I'm stating in this post, you will DEFINITELY be disappointed, so PLEASE same us both the headache of wasting our time unless your goal is finding your own live aboard boat and into pg rated sailing. Having said that, if your a guy and still interested and I have not ran you off, feel free to contact me,
so basically you are looking for a 500 mile tow from a nice guy with a truck and an interest in boats.................
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 05:51   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Wake up honey, and live your own life.
I have for over 20 years. I will continue to do so. Just because my choices do not fit someone elses perimeters does not make me lose one minutes sleep at night.
Since it appears you object to my method of doing this, Please, feel free to PM me with the following: detailed and itemized instructions on how you would have me do it in a manner you personally approve of, including itemized cost including tax, (that is legal and morally correct) as well as the means to do it your way, as per your itemization. Once received I will endeavor to follow your instructions as per the provision of means extended.
( My favorite quote from my mother: If they are not paying the bill they do not get a vote. )
Old 22-10-2012, 05:52   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Guess I'm just kinda dense, but after reading the OP three times I'm still not sure exactly what you are asking.

I understand you aren't looking for a personal relationship but want a boat partner but to do what exactly? Buy a boat with you on shares? Buy two boats together to share work? Share work to fix up your 22'. Teach you to sail? You teach them to sail? Hang out on a boat and synergize?
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 05:57   #11

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

I think Atoll nailed it............

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:01   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by john540 View Post
Gloria Steinem changed her mind and got married, to a man! I was going to say, "it figures that she changed her mind," but that would be sexist of me.
I'm a woman and I'll say it, if being "liberated" was such a great thing why did she change her mind and get married? I think men (real men) are great and being part of a couple can be awesome. Been there done that. (It's just like raising a family, Been there, done that too, the "baby" is 28, and I'm definitely NOT repeating that part of my life either LOL) I'm just not there right now. Some day that may change but until it does, at my age I'm bloody well old enough to do what I want LOL SAILS HO!
Old 22-10-2012, 06:01   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
i need to edit that so i don't sound sexist..........

so basically you are looking for a 500 mile tow from a nice guy/girl with a truck and an interest in boats.................
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:08   #14
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Wow, read it again and that could be right. A half page of rambling and restrictions on who might be acceptable with some smoke screen about two boats, synergy and what not just to ask for a tow to the coast?

Why not just say, "I need someone to help me with a tow to TX for my 22' MacGregor. Will offer some shared use of the boat in exchange, no fringe benefits."
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:09   #15

Boat: O'Day 28

[QUOTE=useDaGreyMatter;1064772 ( My favorite quote from my mother: If they are not paying the bill they do not get a vote. )[/QUOTE]

If only this were so.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote