Both of our children
grew up on board from infancy to leaving home as young adults. Our daughter now lives aboard with her husband an 6 year old son. These thoughts became important to us:
- The running rigging
can be very dangerous to small bodies.
- Always teathers & life jackets at appropriate times.
- One parent is always on "child watch".
do best having their own private space, no matter how small.
While underway our children were entertained by:
- taking the helm
- making snack trays
- presenting plays
- following treasure hunt games on board (we even hid Easter Eggs on the deck
over the years when our chidren were young)
- dragging toy boats behind
our children enjoyed:
- exploring shorelines
trips & kayaking
- reef snorkeling & beech swimming
- playing with new friends on other boats
Our grandson onboard his boat spends hours with various "aps" on his iPad
. This is not an activity that we know much about, but there are some wondrous things!