Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2017, 18:08   #1

Liveaboard Interview

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I have always been passionate about being on boats, I've worked at a sailing club and been building boats my whole life now. I hope to one day think about pursuing liveaboard, but I have a LOT of questions about pursuing this field. I can find a lot of things on this forum, but there are some things that I still have a fair amount of questions about, more specific questions. I was wondering if anyone might be available for a short, twenty minute Skype interview sometime soon. This will also be a tremendous help for one of my classes at school. Liveaboard has always been my dream, and I want to make my dream a reality.
Thanks!
Marnix
Marnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 18:39   #2

Boat: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: Liveaboard Interview

Might I be so bold as to suggest you take yourself to a marina or boatyard and visit with a variety of boat owners? Also read books, magazines and websites.

If you're passionate about this life know that independence is often a trait of successful boaters. A bit of initiative and self education would allow you to hone your questions.

Unless you have a prepared set of queries now? If that is the case ask away.

Is this for a school paper? Were that the case call your local Coast Guard auxiliary or Power Squadron. Make an appointment there and you'll get your information in person.

Good luck Marnix
Old 19-04-2017, 18:54   #3

Thanks for responding. It's for a project about researching your main life goal, and we needed an interview. I wasn't sure that that was really right in this field, so we had the same mindset. The coast guard is a really good idea.
Marnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 20:04   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Don't think USCG or Power Squadron will have much knowledge of the liveaboard lifestyle. Find a marina with some liveaboards and go talk to them.
Old 19-04-2017, 20:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnix View Post
Thanks for responding. It's for a project about researching your main life goal, and we needed an interview. I wasn't sure that that was really right in this field, so we had the same mindset. The coast guard is a really good idea.
Are you making a movie? Why Skype and not just a phone call / e-mail?

A friend of mine worked as a salesman at a Harley dealer, and some woman kept calling him with questions about Harleys. It took him a while to finally figure out she was lying about wanting a Harley and was just writing a movie script. Pissed him off.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 22:10   #6

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

I agree. Go out and talk to liveaboards. Most are friendly and will gladly share knowledge with you.

Tags
liveaboard