Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2012, 10:16   #256
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
Images: 4
Zee - Loving the sex here. Long post divorce. I don't want a deep meaningful insight into her inner self. I discovered long ago that what goes on in a woman's soul is not to be examined by a mere mortal male. Vice versa I suspect. So loving the sex, flash looks, cooking and cleaning. Don't know or care what she likes so long as she is getting what she needs. And she apparently does.
__________________

__________________
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:20   #257
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddle View Post
Zee - Loving the sex here. Long post divorce. I don't want a deep meaningful insight into her inner self. I discovered long ago that what goes on in a woman's soul is not to be examined by a mere mortal male. Vice versa I suspect. So loving the sex, flash looks, cooking and cleaning. Don't know or care what she likes so long as she is getting what she needs. And she apparently does.
The moment a man shows a woman he cares about what makes her happy, instead of simply making her happy, she loses all respect for him.
__________________

__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:24   #258
Registered User
 
anjou's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Malvernshire, on the sunny side of the hill.
Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Posts: 1,905
Re: Liveaboard Dating

After all the talk is said and read, the true facts remain.

The best we can ask for is to find the right parter to love and be loved by. That they are attractive is of varying importance. That they have assets and financial security is important because one of the most common causes of relationship failure is lack of money

I have no doubts that my ideal man is out there, yet im realistic enough to recognise we quite probably wont ever meet. There is an alternative, one which Ive taken before, but which failed to deliver long term satisfaction and lead to feelings worse than being single, so its no longer an option.

My answer is to build a self serving world around me which is resillient and robust. One which I control and cannot be taken away. The less I want, the less I miss what I dont have.
__________________
www.amy-artimis.blogspot.com
anjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:41   #259
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,761
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Liveaboard Dating

exactly what anjou sed....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:46   #260
Registered User
 
Captain Jeffry's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Boat: 41' Sail
Posts: 420
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
.My answer is to build a self serving world around me which is resillient and robust. One which I control and cannot be taken away. The less I want, the less I miss what I dont have.
*SNAPS*
__________________
Captain Jeffry Matzdorff
100 Ton Master
Captain Jeffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:47   #261
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman375 View Post
There's a reality that women will not admit to, and that is middle aged (and older) women to a large extent are looking for someone with money. There also seems to be a direct relationship between their looks and the amount of wealth they are looking for. I've also noticed a very strange thing in that as women age, instead of going grey, they turn blonde and get bigger boobs
I take pity on you for the feedback you are about to receive...
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:48   #262
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,761
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Liveaboard Dating

ok so leave off the self serving part--i do well on my own....

not in a hurry to find a partner to sail with, obviously, as i am still out here and still sola..LOL..and way too many males in the older ages groupings are penniless and derelict--dont want nor do i need that bs...even an eetsy beetsy income on his part is better than supporting his bad habits and tolerating a jerk without means. btdt enough, thankyou!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:57   #263
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,807
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman375 View Post
There's a reality that women will not admit to, and that is middle aged (and older) women to a large extent are looking for someone with money. There also seems to be a direct relationship between their looks and the amount of wealth they are looking for. I've also noticed a very strange thing in that as women age, instead of going grey, they turn blonde and get bigger boobs
You think all middle aged women are looking for someone with money .
And that women only look after or improve their appearance because they are seeking to attract a wealthy partner?
What kind of women are you meeting? And where on earth are you finding these delightful specimens?
I am truly sorry if you have had some bad experiences, but maybe just avoid the newly blonded, newly bigger boobed ladies if you have found this to be to be the case (unless this mix is truly irresistible to you ).
No one I know actually meets that description, so women like this certainly can't form the majority.
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:58   #264
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Mexico, working on the boat
Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 8,013
Images: 5
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
After all the talk is said and read, the true facts remain.

The best we can ask for is to find the right parter to love and be loved by. That they are attractive is of varying importance. That they have assets and financial security is important because one of the most common causes of relationship failure is lack of money

I have no doubts that my ideal man is out there, yet im realistic enough to recognise we quite probably wont ever meet. There is an alternative, one which Ive taken before, but which failed to deliver long term satisfaction and lead to feelings worse than being single, so its no longer an option.

My answer is to build a self serving world around me which is resillient and robust. One which I control and cannot be taken away. The less I want, the less I miss what I dont have.
While I would love to disagree with you on all points...I can't. I have been married twice. The first time, I had not yet experienced real love but knew that marriage wasn't it. The second marriage, I married my a good friend. Still dissolved after 6 years and thought about her everyday for 5 years after. Just when I think I have found "Her"...I see it was my perception and not reality. I do the same as you and feel alot of guy do...to create the framework for continued happiness alone with good friends and a lot of personal freedom. You are also right about the money. While money cannot bring you happiness...the lack of, tends to bring on the misery. There is however one thing which can take your resilience and robustness away...that is a health issue. I've seen it happen couple of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Phil View Post
While I met my current wife on a ski slope, I awoke one morning to the sound of her sanding the headliner battens on the dock beside my boat... it was love at first sound! We've been married for nearly 20 years, lived aboard for 12 of them and settled into a life of unbelievable happiness together. Took us both a couple of trys with others to get it right but we both agree it was worth the wait! So, don't give up... even if it is for a good time and not a long time, go for it... you never know what it might blossom into.
I know, you know, how lucky you are and I truly envy you. No sour grapes in your basket. Way to go...
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:01   #265
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,761
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
You think all middle aged women are looking for someone with money .
And that women only look after or improve their appearance because they are seeking to attract a wealthy partner?
What kind of women are you meeting? And where on earth are you finding these delightful specimens?
I am truly sorry if you have had some bad experiences, but maybe just avoid the newly blonded, newly bigger boobed ladies if you have found this to be to be the case (unless this mix is truly irresistible to you ).
No one I know actually meets that description, so women like this certainly can't form the majority.
hay lass--i think the consensus here is that the males ar seeking the WRONG women..and in the WRONG locales....they are shopping bars and malls for women who dislike each and both..
..their loss....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:46   #266
Registered User
 
Captain Jeffry's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Boat: 41' Sail
Posts: 420
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
hay lass--i think the consensus here is that the males ar seeking the WRONG women..and in the WRONG locales....they are shopping bars and malls for women who dislike each and both..
..their loss....
I happen to agree with this. I've never been married nor do I have any children, and I freely admit, in the past, to seeking the wrong women in all the wrong places.(these women were likely 'right' for others).Engaged twice but fortunately didn't wortk out. I have been in and out of a current relationship (now back in it so I can be removed from the SSSSSSSM group) since 2007. She loves sailing and loves me very much. I love her very much as well. Her 19 yr old son has Down Syndrome and wealso love each other very much. He gets sea sick a lot but loves the sea and loves talking to the waves!

Biggest problem I have is I am gone sooo much with boat deliveries.( has caused issues) Maybe 6 months of the year. Not easy in a relationship. We are def planning for the long term when I stop captaining and delivering boats. I am off to Cabo Jan 2nd to bring up a Ben 50 then swiftly off to Panama to transit and sail a Swan 53 to the Virgin Islands via northern route.

Keep looking in all the 'other' places. You will find your mate. In fact, her son introduced his Mom to me when I asked his father to crew bow for me on a J -133. THey were never married. Big John had such a great time he wanted his Mom to meet me.

PS- Have been living on my boat in Marina Del Rey since early 2003.

Happy New Years!

Jeffry~
__________________
Captain Jeffry Matzdorff
100 Ton Master
Captain Jeffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 11:56   #267
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
Images: 4
Like I said above. I don't care if they are seeking money, pumped up their boobs, go to malls or bars, are middle aged, or many other things. All they need is the ability to interest me.

Apparently I am not doing anything "WRONG" because I think I am the happiest guy in the world. Smug, huh? Oh well. The current young natural-breasted dark-haired bar-frequenting mall-loving very interesting gal appears to be the happiest one in the world.
__________________
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:16   #268
Registered User
 
Captain Jeffry's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Boat: 41' Sail
Posts: 420
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddle View Post
"appears" to be the happiest one in the world.
Until they realize that they are also not finding a true long term mate in the usual spots. For me... was fun when I was young-ish..having been 'friends' with far too many of the, Love this: "young natural-breasted dark-haired bar-frequenting mall-loving very interesting gal appears to be the happiest one in the world, or YNBDHBFMLVIG, but is no way compared to a deep loving relationship you both respect and are proud of.
Maybe it's just me..
__________________
Captain Jeffry Matzdorff
100 Ton Master
Captain Jeffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:25   #269
Senior Cruiser
 
mikereed100's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Boat: 46' custom cat
Posts: 1,571
Images: 2
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Liveaboard dating? I thought you just cut them in half and count the rings?
__________________
Mike

www.sailblogs.com/member/rumdoxy

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 13:09   #270
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 249
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Not saying it applies to Daddle's young etc etc, but it is not uncommon for 2-3 dollars a day pocket change to be the same income as working in the Philippines, and not all jobs provide free board and lodgings and prospects even if they are viewed unrealistically.
__________________

__________________
chris_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
liveaboard

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:13.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.