Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 11:06   #181
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Liveaboard Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_q View Post
Now.. I don't want to accuse you of being homophobic, but I was replying to David.
homophobes are afraid of homosexuals. some of my bestest buddies are gay.LOL.. i am female hetero. i do not do women. not afraid of em--just dont generally like em.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16   #182
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgscpat View Post
How about the five-minute loading zones?
5 minutes?

Does that include taking yer socks off?
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:20   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
5 minutes?

Does that include taking yer socks off?
You take your socks off? no wonder you get cold feet
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46   #184

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Geezus.... you guys almost are the epitome of 'smooth'.
Old 06-10-2012, 13:51   #185

Boat: 1977 Columbia 9.6 32 '
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou
How hard is it to find the right partner, male or female, sailor or land lubber, young or old, rich or poor..............what ever your demographic, the older and wiser I get, the less answers I have cos experience tells me differently

This week 3 years ago I ran away to sea with a sailor..........................I dont know who I am anymore nor do I know where life is going or what i want and do i care anymore?

Nah, I satisfy myself, ....litterally.......and thats where its at. Im kinda happy, got my boat, got my guns to play with, long nights spend reloading ammo, days out shooting, fighting the good fight against the evil zombies that wish to kill us all and it wouldnt be fair to involve anyone else in that cos ive got more death threats than salman rushdie

Yeah I get days like today when I meet a cool guy, good looking, smart, funny clever.........neutered by his ex, no money left, no balls left...................and i sit there kinda flirting while sipping my coffee, listening to his story and im eyeing him up thinking I could do this, ..........and there again, I cant be assed.........so i get home and open a bottle, cook a meal, ..........get horny............come on here, read all this, remind myself what a meat market dating is and settle down with a smug grin, content in the knowledge that I dont NEED anyone else.
Better alone than in misery. Refitting a sailboat was my ex's dream. When it was finished, we sailed south, and he made the trip pure misery. Something was going to break... he could not relax... actually pulled into indiantown, and he flipped off the boat. I got it in the divorce. I would not sell it. I am happily living on my boat with my dog. Think very carefully about who you choose to go with.
kirsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 16:43   #186

Boat: C&C 33 MK1

I can't believe I read the whole thing.... (Interesting thread, and had some great laughs!)

This past summer I was parting ways with a lady, and I decided to take the plunge and live aboard. I worried a bit about people thinking I'm nuts, sure, but then I realized that I would truly be nuts to NOT do it. The water is in my soul, and so my soul should be in the water.

So far so good - I'm sure some think I'm a nut, but they clearly aren't the ones for me anyway.

I haven't been seeking dates, really, but I have been finding the lifestyle leads to me being more relaxed and confident, which seems to me to be the most important thing in seeking a date/relationship.

For now I'm happy living aboard with my old dog, and just enjoying life. As for dating/living aboard - as a few have mentioned, it's a bit of a "built-in weeding out process", I think, in that it will put some things that are important to you right up front and in her face (rather than being veiled in the background).

It's now late November, so it may not seem so romantic to most ladies here (I'm in Canada on Lake Ontario), but it tends to go well in the nicer weather.
PaulAboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:51   #187
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
- Something must be wrong with most sailor men. There are a good number of single (sailor) women seeking men (apparently) and plenty of single sailor men - so in this target rich environment you'd think finding a sailor man would be easy - hence I think there is something about sailor men that turns some gals off... .
Might have something to do with hygiene…

The secret to dating and finding the right partner is to invite her over to do laundry together.
Separates the ‘delicates’ from the ‘laundry safe' types
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1248em.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	50155  
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 01:00   #188
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAboard View Post
It's now late November, so it may not seem so romantic to most ladies here (I'm in Canada on Lake Ontario), but it tends to go well in the nicer weather.
I guess at 26', with a dog also onboard and in your locale over winter that yer need to avoid anyone "high maintanence" .

Anyway, welcome to CF .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 04:52   #189
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, PaulAboard.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 16:13   #190

Boat: Birchwood Centre Cockpit 33, Broom Shannon Class 42 flybridge.

Did someone say the lady living on a narrowboat in the malverns had saltwater in her veins !Narrowboats and saltwater do not make good companions.. I guess you need to go on Google earth. Actually Malvern water is a great accompaniament to Irish whiskey, buy some we need the exports.......Got the 'T' shirt on the casual thing, if you can't live with your own company how can you expect others to live with you ? be happy and content and others instead of sensing desperation will sense good company. it took me years to find the right partner after the one night stand scenario and a couple of false starts with 'users' but you will be lucky and find a cracker, I did after 4,000 miles cruising alone. Be happy, have faith and it will happen to you when you least expect it.
It was a cold November, I had a bad dose of flue, canal closed, no water, no heating and within a month I had access to the sea and a new girlfriend/partner (4 and a half yrs ago) who loves boating. I know it can be very lonely, have courage, faint heart never won fair lady.
Good Luck.
Irish rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 17:57   #191
mub

Boat: wayquiez centurion 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish rambler
I know it can be very lonely, have courage, faint heart never won fair lady.
Good Luck.
Sir thankyou. My evenings are dark and quiet and I sometime have a hard time believing that my choices to leave my wife was the right one.
(reasons omitted as my laundry doesn't need airing here)

It is quite soon after the official seperation but I got asked out on a date.. and I wasn't going to go.. till I read you post.

She might not be miss right... But she might. And if I never stick my head out if the cabin I will never know.

So I called and we are meeting tomorrow for a coffee and chat.

Mub
mub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 18:12   #192

Boat: 41' Sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAboard View Post
I haven't been seeking dates, really, but I have been finding the lifestyle leads to me being more relaxed and confident, which seems to me to be the most important thing in seeking a date/relationship.

Have found the most interesting women I have ever met here in Marina Del Rey. If they love the water, the first test is to head to Catalina and see how she fairs. Do a load of laundry on the Island... Easy test. I Love living aboard but then I am gone almost 50% of the year with deliveries.

Enjoy the lifestyle!!
Old 24-11-2012, 18:14   #193

Boat: 41' Sail

[QUOTE=Pelagic;1091762 Separates the ‘delicates’ from the ‘laundry safe' types[/QUOTE]

Indeed!
Old 25-11-2012, 13:05   #194

Boat: Looking...

If you've got salt water in your veins, even working at a job you love won't be completely satisfying if you live on land.

westsail374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 14:06   #195

Boat: Birchwood Centre Cockpit 33, Broom Shannon Class 42 flybridge.

Hey Mub, You've taken the first step by going out to meet people and I hope all goes well for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Irish rambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard