Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 19:50   #46

Re: Live Aboard Group Investment Opportunity

My name is Bo Paida. I live in New Orleans,have a 42ft. Catalina,and plan to move to the Florida panhandle in the very near future. I am also a licensed General Contractor with extensive experience in Real Estate development and also marine construction work for the U.S. Navy. I have capital and would be interested in hearing more details about your idea. Call me with more details. My phone number is (504) 236-7503. Thanks.
capbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:20   #47

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

This is not the time to invest in anything that requires serious financing; especially in Florida. The time to invest, is when a one-year CD yields around 7%; now the yield is under 1%. Take my free advice: Save your money!
Teknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:26   #48
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Bo.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
AWW We have all that (except the beach) already, it's called Bayou Side property In South Louisiana, 90ft with dock and power, parking. And a hurrycane proof local Marina, 15,000 bucks Not tryin to kill the thread but It's true!!!
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION....

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:21   #50

Boat: Islander 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature 260 View Post
Hello GathHill, I fully understand and appreciate your concerns and input. My reasoning behind being less then forth coming on location, is simple. I am attempting to protect the location from those whom would surely scoop it up, from those of us that aren't financially able to come up with the full price on our own. I'm not hiding anything nor is there anything in it for me, financially or otherwise. I am not a property broker nor associated with any sort of business that has any such association with sales or construction of resorts or any other property investments. I am a 55 year old single male, with a love of the sea a boat that spends to much time on a trailer and strong desire to enjoy an environment and lifestyle I feel is both healthy and fun for all. I am fully aware of all the scams out there. I wish I could just scoop this place up and then follow up on the dream. But I can't do so on my own. I need help with both the financial end and the arrangements needed to complete such a project. Logic tells me, I can't be the only one interested, in a place I could keep my boat, live on it if I wish, have friends and neighbors to share and enjoy life with, all for a reasonable price in one of the most beautiful places in the country. The possibilities of this particular property are endless. My personal desires are simple. Please note that when I call it a private community, I am not suggesting the typical gated community in any sense of the imagination. I too have my issues with how many are run. That isn't at least in my mind what I am thinking when I make the reference " private ". I am suggesting private as in, one could rest assure their property and piece of mind is calmed knowing those involved have their best interest in mind. Private as in you could travel and not worry about your personal processions while away, we as a community would all help to keep and eye on and look after each others best interest. As mentioned, the property has many possibilites. It could have a few homes on it, a few very well thought out pads for campers, it could have several nice picnic areas, it already has a private beach that appears to stretch at least as long as a football field are more. An L shaped dock that could be added onto, for more slips, the protection of being on the bay yet on a well cared for deep slue, allowing large yachts to be slipped. It already has a very nicely laid out drive way with circular drive, it's gated and fenced. All amenities that if one had to finance them today would surely run into the several hundred thousand dollar mark. So0 as it stands I see huge potential for this property. I'd be happy with a nice slip, a decent BBQ area and laundry facility. All located in a secure area, which it is. But if one attempts to purchase a slip, alone you're talking close to 100K and that's all you get. So why not go a few more bucks and get real bang for your buck? That's where I am on things, I hope this helps a little. I'm Cajun thus I love good food, good folks and love to spend time hearing and telling stories. If I didn't truly think this is a viable opportunity and a win win for everyone, I would not suggest it at all. I hope this helps a little in giving a bit more of an impression of who I am and why I wish to put this group together. Thanks for your interest. Have a great weekend!
I'm sorry but your reasoning still sounds too much like a canned pitch to me. If you just happened to stumble across this incredible opportunity by chance and think you are just going to scoop it up before anyone else can I think you are being very naive. Great business deals are almost ALWAYS found through insiders and networking not Joe Blow walking down the street and "discovering" a great deal. Honestly, think of all the people who had knowledge of this before you happened along. People who make their living investing and developing this sort of thing. Word of mouth, bar talk etc. You may believe this is a big secret but trust me, its not. I believe there are many many people who have already explored this real estate find and either are in the legal process of making something happen OR no one is interested for reasons you have not uncovered as of yet. If on the chance I'm totally wrong I would be surprised but apologize and wish you lots of luck. If I were you, I'd just go buy a nice lot on the water somewhere around other boaters.