Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55   #16

Boat: Chaparral Signature 260
Re: Live Aboard Group Investment Opportunity

Good Day Fellow Cruisers ! I am pleased to see other like minded Live Aboard Enthusiast. The details aren't complicated or in anyway beneficial to any one person. Input from all involved must be our main focus in order to achieve an agreed upon arrangement that fits the needs and desires of all involved. Once we've reached a mutual understanding, we would proceed with the project. Please, message me for a rough outline. I look forward to hearing from those interested. If by chance there's a lawyer, banker, contractor etc. with an interest, in the group, it would be extremely helpful. Otherwise, we will consult with needed professionals whenever the need for expert opinions are required. The available property, would suite almost any need or requirement, one could imagine, within extremely reasonable investment terms. In a nutt shell, this could be an extremely well balanced long term investment for some with equally reasonable returns for anyone that may at one point or another with to opt out! I realize the news is filled with scams. I can only give my word this is nothing of the sort. My only wish is to gather like minded individuals and pool our resources so as to benefit everyone involved. This isn't a get rich quick scheme, it's an investment one could find rewarding for years to come. Both in the new friendships and experiences shared. I have long felt we are loosing what made our communities what they once were. I hope to play a part in making sure our group, doesn't continue this most unfortunate pattern society seems to have found itself in all to often! It's really very simple. We form a group of trustworthy like minded cruisers with a mutual interest in a fare and equatable solution that fits everyone's needs at a reasonable rate. It's not rocket science. Like my father always said " don't complicate an egg" . I look forward to hearing from you.
Signature 260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16   #17

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Did you mention the location, or the anticipated investment requirement? I'm interested in something like this if it is in Southern Florida, and if the minimum investment is not $1M or more.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:08   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature 260 View Post
Good Day Fellow Cruisers ! I am pleased to see other like minded Live Aboard Enthusiast. The details aren't complicated or in anyway beneficial to any one person. Input from all involved must be our main focus in order to achieve an agreed upon arrangement that fits the needs and desires of all involved. Once we've reached a mutual understanding, we would proceed with the project. Please, message me for a rough outline.
Why message you? If this is a good idea, why not discuss it here? Besides which, another group may want to replicate it at another location. Share the knowledge... don't do an Apple and make it proprietary
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19   #19

Hello ArtM, Great to hear from you. As I'm sure you'll appreciate, I've not yet mentioned the actual location of the property, to avoid drawing attention to what I feel is a deal of a lifetime if handled properly. Location is on Gulf Coast region in highly desirable area. Investment thus far should run around around, 125K to 255K depending on total investors
( 6-12 potential ) If for some reason we find we can swing it with less investors, it is surely an option we can entertain. The property has in place, a electronic gate, paved circular drive, completely fenced with stucco 6-7 foot solid fencing, entry area mail boxes and ( 1 ) completed L-shaped standard dock. The asking price appears to be very reasonable. My thoughts are a group of us, would have several options available to us. A private community including private marina, of which we could lease out some of the slips to help cover cost. Some may wish to strictly live aboard and others may feel they'd prefer to also have an onsite dwelling of some sort. There is more then enough acreage to accommodate between 6-15 dwellings, provided they are not over sized
( less then 1700 Square feet ). But keep in mind I've not given as much thought to the individuals desires as of yet. I figured once we've put together a group we feel fits well, we could then talk more about the possibilities and future of the project. At this point, I see many possibilities. Yet I know others will and should have a voice. I stand ready to hear what others have to say and collectively we can find what works best for everyone as a whole. It could lean towards investment income for some and a lifestyle of comfort and security for others. A minimal investment with a return that fits with the lifestyle that fits each investor accordingly. The area has the potential of supporting between 30-60 slips, 6-12 dwellings, private marina, included ( already in place ) gated community with 360 view of bay. If this interest you and fits within your expectations, I look forward to discussing it further. Thank you, for your interest. Have a great day! Please feel free to ask any questions you think of. Again, once we've put a group together we will share location and specific details.
Old 03-08-2012, 13:41   #20

Boat: morgan O/I 33' sloop

I've read signiture 360's response to our postings. many words but no information. i also note he is new member. unless he posts verifiable identity and a general location i will treat this as a scam.
Dave22q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 14:28   #21

Hello AvB3, I agree with you 100%. I feel it could very well be replicated as well as improved on. I simply didn't feel openly discussing location and specifics was a good idea at this point. Mainly to protect our interest, until everyone agreed on a plan that fit within our expectations. It's a great deal price wise and location is unbelievable. I hope everyone will agree, once we've settled on a group, that this one is truly a very special place. I know when I ran across it, I would have purchased it on the spot if I could afford to carry it myself. Thus, I figured why not see about putting a group together and see what we can come up with. It is truly beautiful and well rounded to suite a wide variety of uses! Location is prime, walking distance to entertainment, bike trails run right by at entry, board walk, bay views, quite and secure neighborhood, yet extremely private. Hope this helps some! Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2012, 14:34   #22

Hello Dave, I fully understand, why you may assume such. But I can assure you, I am a real person with real ideas and a real desire to succeed in putting together a group of like minded folks interested in building a comfortable private community, of Cruisers in a beautiful area on the Gulf Coast. I'm a new member because, I wanted to find others like myself, of which i felt may reside on this forum. If you're not interested, that's fine. But I would suggest your assumptions are far from reality. But again I understand and respect your option (s). Safety is as important to me as I am sure it is to you. I trust your interest is somewhat calmed, by my attempt to clarify my intent! Have a great week!
Old 03-08-2012, 17:31   #23

Hello Denise, Thank you for your interest. I'm new to the forum so, excuse my delay is responding to your questions. I joined the forum in hope of finding like minded cruisers, interested in forming an investment group, interested in being part of a project ( Private slips, gated community with possible private lease slips & marina. The opportunities vary according to what we ( The Group ) find works best for all involved. I've not revealed the exact location to avoid being beat out on the property I recently came across, while on a fact finding mission in the area last week. The property is located in a beautiful, secure, gated, including electronic entry / exit that includes mail boxes at gate and it is completely fenced by a 6-7 foot stucco fence, with a nice L-shaped dock and beach that raps around the entire location, allowing a 360 view if bay. It also has a circular drive with a possibility of building dwellings ( 6-12 ) ( 17000 average SF ). It's on The Gulf Coast on a nice size bay, only a 1/4 or so from the jetties but set on the calm waters of the bay, with a nice depth to accommodate drafts needed for most vessel requirements. At present using a 6-12 investor multiplier, we're looking at between 125K - 255K, to accommodation a group of the same size. My thought was a group of us could purchase the property and collectively decide what works best for all involved. Some may wish only to live aboard and others may wish to have a dwelling there and others may wish to have a nice laundry, shower and community room, to share with others. Again these are issues we can discus and come to an agreement that fits the needs of all involved. It is possible we could put in a small private marina and lease out slips ( 30-60 ) to help cover expenses ie" maintenance. I hope this helps some. Please feel free to ask what ever questions you'd like answered. I'll do my best to answer your questions. Please keep in mind since it's a collective group of investors, we can discus what others have in mind and go from there. Thanks for you interest. Have a great week!
Old 03-08-2012, 17:49   #24

Hello Zee,

Thanks for your interest. First off, no one holds or ask for any money. We collectively purchase a piece I property I recently located on The Gulf of Mexico, in a prime boating and sport fishing and secure inland bay, about 1/4 mile from the canal 3/4 mile or so from the jetties. The property already has in place a gated electronic entry, fully fenced ( stucco ) an L shaped dock, 380 degree view of bay, private beach circular drive, enough acreage for about 6-12 small ( 1700 or so ) dwellings, a possibility of adding a private marina ( 30-60 private slips ) of which could be leased to generate income to be used for upkeep and maintenance. Some may wish to simply live aboard and others may wish to keep their yacht there but also keep a home ( dwelling ). A private marina could include a nice meeting communal area and showers and laundry facilities. It would be a collective decision made by the group. The property has in place an electronic entry gate, mail boxes at entry, fully fenced with nice stucco fence ( 6-7 foot ) has private beach and L - shaped dock, all already in place. We could even consider ( 30-60 ) slips that could be leased to help cover expenses. Thanks for your interest, I hope I've helped a little. I didn't think it was a good idea to reveal exact location yet, I trust you'll understand my reasoning. In order to protect it from other interested parties! Have a great week. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Old 03-08-2012, 18:18   #25

Hello Sailstoo,

I agree, yet this particular property I located is in my opinion is priced at far less then any marina I've priced lately, with much more potential. It is several acres of prime real estate, located on The Gulf Of Mexico, prime fishing, cruising and water sports areas in the country. It's possible we could put in a 30-60 slip marina, already has L-shaped dock, on a bay with 360 views of bay, private beach, gated, electronic gate entry, circular drive with with about 6-12 lots possibility for dwellings, private marina and community building and laundry, shower facilities. All located on secure part of island, low traffic neighborhood, bike trails, boardwalk nearby, and very quite and secure. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I have come up with an average of 125K to 255K investment, with 6-12 investment positions. Thanks for asking, I hope I've answered some of your questions. Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2012, 18:19   #26

Hello, I fully agree and hope we will avoid any of these negative aspects. I am hopeful we can! I fully understand and appreciate your input. Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 18:24   #27

Hi Bob,

Sounds like a great setup. I am Cajun, I in fact was in Lafayette, for a few weeks last month, visiting my Dad and a few family members. This project is a very recent concept I came up wit after my visit while driving back to SC where I currently live. I stopped in several Gulf Coast towns I've visited over the years, and ran across this property and decided to give this a shot, with high hopes of like minded cruisers also finding this concept may fit their desire as well. It;s in the early stages, so please ask any questions or make suggestions. Thanks again. Have a great week!
Old 03-08-2012, 18:29   #28

Boat: grampian 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature 260 View Post
Hi Bob,

Sounds like a great setup. I am Cajun, I in fact was in Lafayette, for a few weeks last month, visiting my Dad and a few family members. This project is a very recent concept I came up wit after my visit while driving back to SC where I currently live. I stopped in several Gulf Coast towns I've visited over the years, and ran across this property and decided to give this a shot, with high hopes of like minded cruisers also finding this concept may fit their desire as well. It;s in the early stages, so please ask any questions or make suggestions. Thanks again. Have a great week!
Put an option on it to hold it and get going on your plan. I think you have a great idea.

P.S. I love success stories.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 20:19   #29

Boat: Islander 28
Just curious , being the cynical person I am , if it's all about like minded people and everything equal etc. What's in this for you ? Sounds a lot like a pitch for resort properties. Why not just put all the info
out there for everyone to see unless you're protecting some self serving interest ?
Old 03-08-2012, 21:33   #30

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

The location isn't important right now.

If your idea makes sense, then let's hear it. If it is a generic structure, no on needs to know where.

The details people are looking for is the organizational structure your suggesting. Once there is an acknowledgement that it makes sense, then one can go ahead at the location you think is ideal, or elsewhere.

Right now it comes across that you are promoting one singular location, and not the idea of a community structure. Feel free to correct that impression if we are wrong.