Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2010, 07:57   #1

Boat: Yamaha AR192
Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyChief
Livaboard Marina in Chattanooga, TN ?

I did a global search of this forum and found no info. Does anyone know a nice Marina/Yacht Club on the river in Chattanooga, TN that allows livaboards.

I am doing a Google search now and getting some names to email/call. Just being in the Middle East..can be difficult to call and determine. Moreover, I wish to get some first-hand, real-life info form this forum of individuals if possibile.

TIA
ArmyChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 15:40   #2

Boat: '88 Passport 41' Magic Moments
Call Andre' at Sale Creek Marina, Sale creek, TN. Tell him you met Alan and Trish on line and explain what you want. He should be able to help you at his marina or one in near by Chattanooga.
Alan from Privateer Yacht club.
Dynamo1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 15:44   #3

Thanks Alan
Old 16-07-2010, 15:56   #4

Boat: '88 Passport 41' Magic Moments
You bet! Let me know how it goes.

Alan (currently sailing in Maine)
Dynamo1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 04:58   #5

Boat: Mariner 40/IP 37-30
What type of boat do you have? How close do you need to be to Chattanooga? There are several marinas closer to Chattanooga that are mostly power boat marinas with covered slips, resturants, ships store, etc. Sail Creek (a sailboat marina) is relatively remote, not really much there. My favorite is Blue Springs Marina (sailboat freindly) on Watts Bar Lake, argueably the most beautiful lake on the river. But it is going to be an hour away from downtown Chattanooga.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30
Wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 05:16   #6

William,

I actually do not own a boat yet. I found one that appears to be in great shape and want to pursue purchasing. However, the the owner sent me the details, I replied with some questions and have yet to hear from him (going on three days). I do know he travels a lot and I've seen pictures, talked to the previous owner and read his families blog about the boat...so I am pretty sure it it truely in great shape.

It is a 1996 Gemini, 34', 16' yacht. I may not even really have to be in Chattanooga. When I return from the Middle East, with my current employer I travel for work. Currently a lot of my work is in Georgia and my current house is in Chattanooga (Ooltewah). If my employer will allow me to move, I will look for a marina in the gulf coast of Florida (near an airport and major highway) (Pensacola to Talahassee or near Tampa).

Since right now in my area it is a good time to sell a home and i got some time here, but the boat might be gone..I've talked to the wife about the situation. if we have to, cause my company says no on the move..we live on Tennessee River and on weekends and vacation time..sail down to Gulf. if the company lets me move..well you know the rest

Thanks
Old 17-07-2010, 07:38   #7

Boat: Mariner 40/IP 37-30
I am very famaliar with the area. My son lives in Ooltewah and has a boat at 'Island Cove' marina. It is a power boat marina. We have boated on Watts Bar Lake and the Tennessee River for the past 30+ years and are now in Bradenton, FL. We thoroughly enjoy the Tampa Bay area of the Florida West coast and it's convenience.
If I can be of any assistance, pleas PM me and we'll get together.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30
Wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 07:43   #8

Wm,

Thanks...just wish people would respond to emails. Guess I'm just very "hooked-in" to the internet. It's been three days and the owner of the boat has not replied. I's been two days and only one of 5 marinia's I've emailed has replied.

I thought people were looking to make $$$ these days?
I thought with iPhones and iPads (I have both..love the iPad)...email and internet was almost immediate?

I appreicate your quick replies and will definately be in touch as I get closer to me redeployment back to the U.S.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:25   #9

Boat: Hunter 27
I have lived at Gold Point yacht harbor for 2 years now. There aren't a lot of slips for sailboats (if you're a sailboater) right now, but there will be some coming open in October/November. Several of us are taking off on our high seas adventures this year.

The marina is pretty nice. It has a bath house with a shower and laundry. Wi-Fi is included. And the people are very friendly. It's a great community of people who look after each other. I've been very happy there.

The location is great. 15 minute drive from downtown Chattanooga. The lake is nice and big at that point, too. It's also 5 minutes from Hixson, with groceries and restaurants and a pretty nice movie theater.
Like I said, it's full now, but may not be that way for long.

Good luck, wherever you end up!

-Sara
CapnRumslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26   #10

Thanks Sara
Old 06-08-2010, 15:50   #11
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChief View Post
Wm,

Thanks...just wish people would respond to emails. Guess I'm just very "hooked-in" to the internet. It's been three days and the owner of the boat has not replied. I's been two days and only one of 5 marinia's I've emailed has replied.

I thought people were looking to make $$$ these days?
I thought with iPhones and iPads (I have both..love the iPad)...email and internet was almost immediate?

I appreicate your quick replies and will definately be in touch as I get closer to me redeployment back to the U.S.
I e-mailed 6 marinas on a lake near me. 1 responded.

I think it has to do with the ease of people e-mailing. They get tons of inquiries. And if they follow all of them up, it takes hours and they get very little results.

So many industries don't respond well to e-mails.

I e-mailed a courier company. No reply. 2 days later, e-mailed again. No reply. 2 days later called and left v-mail. Got a call back half an hour later. After that, e-mails to them were answered almost immediately.

Knowing this, maybe you can say something in the first paragraph about why you are using e-mail and how serious you are. might not help, but maybe...

-dan

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote