Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2011, 15:14   #16

Re: Livaboard Hopeful... Need Help

How about an older Columbia 28...? Found one in my price range that appears to be in good shape! I like the general layout of the cabin and that the bathroom/v-berth are not only private but separated.
I'm curious if staying warm will be an issue, as I sleep with the window open in my bedroom throughout the year and am curious if I could create enough heat myself to keep the cabin at a comfortable temperature if I had if closed up...?

*I have decided that a shower isn't a deal breaker for me since I realized I almost never shower at home anyways. (I roll out of bed and hit the gym on the way to work in the morning, where I shower afterwards.)
Wilkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 22:24   #17

Re: Livaboard Hopeful... Need Help

I found that in the 28-32' range is where the prices stay affordable and within my budget for not only boat cost, but slip fees as well. Based on the brands I'm finding fit my criteria, I'd like to get your thoughts on each of these makes. I really love the cabin layout of all 4 options and think I could be happy living on any of them. What do the 28' boats give up on to the 30' ones though or is that extra 2' negligible?

- Irwin 28 (I like the general layout on this boat the best currently)
- Pearson 30 (Compared to the Irwin, what do I get for the additional 2 feet?)
- Columbia 28
- Catalina 30 (A bit out of my range, but I like the general setup of the boat, now if I could just find one in the $6-8k range)
Wilkup is offline   Reply With Quote