Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36   #1

Boat: Boatless
Jewish Creek

Anybody know the skinny about hanging out long-term Jewfsh Creek on the cheap?
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 15:30   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc
Re: Jewish Creek

The title of your thread and the spelling in the question make me think you are asking about Jewfish Creek in Key Largo, FL.

If that's the case, sure you can hang out there long term. But why would you want to? Gilbert's and the Anchorage Resort will get old.......

There isn't a grocery store nearby. It seems there are a lot better places to hang out in the Keys.
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 15:56   #3

LOL. Voice to text. I should remember to edit a little better. Thanks yeah I'm talking about jewfish Creek. It's not for me it's for a friend who was asking me about it. I told him I was concerned that the authorities may not want him to anchor their long-term so I'm reaching out to people that have first hand information.
Old 07-03-2019, 16:23   #4

Boat: Island Packet 38

I sail through Jewfish creek 2 or 3 times a year and anchor south of Gilbert's, west of the ICW. There are usually one or two boats anchored under the Highway 1 bridge (must be noisy, not sure anyone actually lives aboard). There are always a number of boats in the Anchorage Resort mooring field south of the bridge including some Irma wrecks up in the mangroves, I've never seen anyone aboard there. There is a small marina at Gilbert's as well. For years prior to Irma a sailboat was anchored just south of Gilbert's west of the (ICW) red mark, never saw anyone aboard, boat disappeared after Irma. Gilbert's seawall was still being repaired last time I was there, but should be open by now. Anchorage Resort also has dock and slips. I've never spent more than a few days anchored there, but never encountered any "authorities." It is easy to dinghy in to Gilbert's or the Anchorage and Uber over to the Winn Dixie on Key Largo, etc. It is also possible to anchor most anywhere in Blackwater Sound.
jkishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:31   #5

Thanks. Helpful. My friend has a reason to want to be there for a long time.