Boat: Tradewinds 47, 47'
Re: I Have Pulled the Trigger !

Here is the latest episode of "As The Tide Turns":

YouTube

Old 25-11-2012, 16:09   #287
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vancouver 27

Liked the vid. I visited your site and unfoutunately the link on your site doesent seem to work (I've got windows 7).
Glad you are getting on well. Weather here in UK is very bad, too much rain and bad winds a woman was killed yesterday 25 miles away from a falling tree

Old 26-11-2012, 09:46   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacique View Post
Liked the vid. I visited your site and unfoutunately the link on your site doesent seem to work (I've got windows 7).
Did you try the link at the bottom?
Did the video on the web site not work? It does for me.
This should get you to the home page, you can jump to the blog from there.

The Nomad
Old 28-11-2012, 11:03   #289

Stayed on board today due to bad weather. cold and windy, but no rain. Yesterday I started work on the bright work. The hand rails on top of the cabin are first. Did one yesterday, I will do another tomorrow. Today I had the diver come and scrape the bottom. Didn't really need it but I wanted to get a handle on how often I would need it. The zincs were OK but I'll need to change them in February. I will do that myself, I have the gear so why not. Friday I leave for Daytona Beach.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:15   #290

I am firmly ensconced in the Loggerhead Marina, Daytona Beach, Florida. The weather in St. Augustine did improve and I had a really nice couple of weeks there. The cruise down the ICW to here was fun, I was in a convoy of about ten boats. A nice gentle ride. I have been here for a few days and am getting a lot done. The bright work is coming along and I fixed the cables on the bike (I have breaks again!). Today I am going to West Marine to pick up a window for the portlight over the stove, the hinge is broken and the window is cracked. No rest for the weary. But it promises to be a nice day and that's all I need.
Old 04-12-2012, 20:16   #291

Don, It sounds like you're having too much fun.
-Bruce

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:41   #292
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch

Hey Don, Just my 2 cents but it seems like you spend a ton at marinas. It seems that for the cost of a month in marinas you could buy really bad ass ground tackle. I spend 7 months on the hook every winter. Get a 60lb anchor and a 300 ft 3/4" mega braid rode. I have good heavy weather tackle and wouldnt ever go to a marina for weather. More cash for beer and steaks. I'll be in st. augustine tomorrow and will try to avoid a mooring.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post
Hey Don, Just my 2 cents but it seems like you spend a ton at marinas. It seems that for the cost of a month in marinas you could buy really bad ass ground tackle. I spend 7 months on the hook every winter. Get a 60lb anchor and a 300 ft 3/4" mega braid rode. I have good heavy weather tackle and wouldnt ever go to a marina for weather. More cash for beer and steaks. I'll be in st. augustine tomorrow and will try to avoid a mooring.
Them what can do.
Old 05-12-2012, 15:07   #294
cruiser

Boat: O'day 32 CC Ketch

Not sure what to take from your brief reply. Is anchoring a touchy subject? I was in no way passing judgment on whatever wealth you may or may not have. Just pointing out that with really good ground tackle your would sleep well.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:14   #295

I started to finish revarnishing the brightwork today. All I have left now is one hand rail and the companion way doors.
This is the before picture of the condition of all the brightwork on the boat. It all looked like this:

This is after two hours sanding and varnishing on that same handrail.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:15   #296

I am back in St. Augustine after two months in Daytona Beach. I have had the sail cover restored to like new and will be getting my Cushions reupholstered soon, (That’s not cheap!) I am almost done with the brightwork, but I am doing that to a schedule so that when I am done I can start over. Always have something to do. Next big project is to refinish all the interior wood. Not much there except to find a way to replace the basket weave on the door panels and replace a couple of solid cabinet doors that have lost there laminate. No sanding there, just a good scrubbing and apply some teak oil.
So much for the boat. I have been doing next to nothing socially, the bar here is not as popular as Jack’s. And I don’t like to just sit and drink, too much like an alcoholic. I have been trying to get in on a dive at Disney World but the place is never open when I go by.
Today it looks like it will be on and off stormy with wind gusts to 25knts so I will likely be hiding out down in the cabin. Lots of movies and solitaire.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:21   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post
Not sure what to take from your brief reply. Is anchoring a touchy subject? I was in no way passing judgment on whatever wealth you may or may not have. Just pointing out that with really good ground tackle your would sleep well.
You're right, good ground tackle give a good nights rest. It's not that I am against anchoring, just that I prefer to be among people and anchoring is very lonely. I will be heading to Savannah end of the month and I foresee at least two nights on the hook. I have checked and found two nice anchorages that do not have a hard current so I feel I will be OK there. I do have a 30 lb Danforth and a 39 lb Bruce, just need to figure out which one to use.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:51   #298

Don, Your boat is looking better every day. Nice to see your getting to live the Dream.
-Bruce

Ballenxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 07:17   #299

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
................. I will be heading to Savannah end of the month.................
'glad to hear you'redoing well. We'll be cruising north out of the St. John's River in April with plans for the Chesapeake. Maybe we'll see you on the way,- Stewart
Old 13-02-2013, 10:53   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
'glad to hear you'redoing well. We'll be cruising north out of the St. John's River in April with plans for the Chesapeake. Maybe we'll see you on the way,- Stewart
Look for me at Osprey Marina, Socaste, SC about that time.

Tags
paracelle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: