Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2013, 07:35   #286
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Hobos Afloat

boaters are easy targets and ideal for blame of all the 410,000 gallons of effluent pouring out of coronado, kali weekly....the entire blame for all of sd bay pollution problems is being taught to kids in schools in coronado that only the 78 boats on the moorings in coronado(all withholding tanks, per law) are what is the entire and sole cause of the pollution in san diego bay., i heard the teachers saying this to these kids--as if boating didnt need another hit by liars doing their alleged good deeds of ridding sd bay of the giant evil of boating on the precious body of navy and corporate destruction called a bay.

in sd there are a couple of mobile pumpout companies--they are well used..

one turd feeeds a fish----boats on moorings and at anchor feed the community with bs from land based ignorant instruction agents who have nothing better to do than blame the easiest target for the mess caused by their own homes and businesses....the COMMON thought is that moored boats and anchored boats do not feed coffers--they dont know anything about the tax system and just spew bs to the students in the name of clean living...rodlmao

kenomac--you must be living in the manner in which you showed your article--you are so jumpy and twitchy about this....or are you the land lord in question???

Old 25-05-2013, 07:37   #287
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
A short article about a land-based bum who lives 200 yards away from my place... from today's newspaper. Notice any similarities to the water-based bum next door on those floating bird toilets? This guy works all the angles... maid, armed therapy "service" guard dog, section 8 welfare apartment, free utilities including cable TV (big sign on the building)...

I just want to show the "bleeding hearts" how their tax money is being spent.

Man nabbed for shooting arrows at neighbor blames dog for gun, maid for crack pipe Haverhill EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA
I don't think I would mess with the dog!

Wonder what was in those eggs?

Old 25-05-2013, 07:47   #288
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
Wonder what was in those eggs?
I'm sure they were just left overs from last month's Easter egg hunt
Old 25-05-2013, 08:00   #289
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
kenomac--you must be living in the manner in which you showed your article--you are so jumpy and twitchy about this....or are you the land lord in question???
No, just an unfortunate neighbor and witness living 200 yards away who's watched his property value drop like a 100lb Rocna from all this BS.

My situation is much like the folks living along the shore near marinas who are forced to look at all the abandoned or homesteaded seagull toilets anchored or moored out in the bay. I'm forced to look at it, but there's not much I can do about it without sounding politically incorrect. That's why I've included this article on this thread and think it's relevant. Like other posters, I don't have any issues with responsible, self-supporting, live aboard sailors who want to anchor out.... I live this lifestyle myself 6 months of the year. I do have an issue when the irresponsible dregs of society decide to move in next door courtesy of government assistance.
Old 25-05-2013, 09:55   #290

Boat: Cal 29
pirate Re: Hobos Afloat

Couple of really great lines in here. My fav was the daytrader remark!The astronaut was another good one.

As noted, the old days and old ways are gone. New sailors like the new ways with the mooring fields and the pumpouts. There are still plenty of places to anchor out away from the weekend crowds for folks who don't have to be at work on Monday morning.

A lifetime ago I sailed into Flamingo at the bottom of the Everglades NP . An old bummish guy was putting supplies aboard his cutty-cabined daysailer loaded with gas tanks and propane bottles, and every plastic tarp south of Homestead. Kinda like the Captain/former governor character created by Carl Hiassen. He was quite obviously living on the boat in the swamplands. He must have found a way to deal with the bugs. He looked happy enough. I knew then, just looking at him, that I was seeing my own future.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:11   #291
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

You know what you get when you collect a bunch of hobos, put them on a boat, and provide some leadership?

Pirates!
Old 25-05-2013, 10:51   #292

Well the Rant about government assistance et al and etc etc belongs in a political area imho not in a sailing one. So back to the hobo Video. He is actually sober and going to group for decades while helping others to get off the habit. Growing plants etc. He appears to have moved his home out of the harbour itself as there are no boats near him. He has made more than the one video. He is living on very little and he gets a little help from the food bank which is mostly privately funded. Apparently living on mostly fish potatoes and onions and veg which he grows onboard while sharing with other unfortunates. Made a point of stating he brings his portable potty tanks in to dump in one video.He is eating the fish under his boat so that makes sense. All in All he looks like
an interesting guy and i'll make a point of looking him up on my next trip to KW if I remember.Hobo maybe but Bum no.
Old 25-05-2013, 11:33   #293
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseParrot View Post
Well the Rant about government assistance et al and etc etc belongs in a political area imho not in a sailing one. So back to the hobo Video. He is actually sober and going to group for decades while helping others to get off the habit. Growing plants etc. He appears to have moved his home out of the harbour itself as there are no boats near him. He has made more than the one video. He is living on very little and he gets a little help from the food bank which is mostly privately funded. Apparently living on mostly fish potatoes and onions and veg which he grows onboard while sharing with other unfortunates. Made a point of stating he brings his portable potty tanks in to dump in one video.He is eating the fish under his boat so that makes sense. All in All he looks like
an interesting guy and i'll make a point of looking him up on my next trip to KW if I remember.Hobo maybe but Bum no.
No way those few pots will produce enough to feed him (one person).

Who knows what harm he is doing, if any.
Old 25-05-2013, 12:07   #294

Boat: Norsea, center cockpit/aft cabin, 27'0"

Quote:
No, just an unfortunate neighbor and witness living 200 yards away who's watched his property value drop like a 100lb Rocna from all this BS.

My situation is much like the folks living along the shore near marinas who are forced to look at all the abandoned or homesteaded seagull toilets anchored or moored out in the bay. I'm forced to look at it, but there's not much I can do about it without sounding politically incorrect. That's why I've included this article on this thread and think it's relevant. Like other posters, I don't have any issues with responsible, self-supporting, live aboard sailors who want to anchor out.... I live this lifestyle myself 6 months of the year. I do have an issue when the irresponsible dregs of society decide to move in next door courtesy of government assistance.
Kenomac,

Imagine how much less stressful your life would be if you sold the house and lived aboard year 'round. Your perspectives, daily landscape and views would change. You would then be identified by the landlubbers as 'one of them'. Rightly or wrongly.

armido
Old 25-05-2013, 12:13   #295
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Mate, is an upstanding job creating type. If he wasn't there robbing Peter to pay into Paul's tax haven who would?
Old 25-05-2013, 12:39   #296
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
If he wasn't there robbing Peter to pay into Paul's tax haven who would?
WT Heck? I'm not robbing anybody....
Old 25-05-2013, 12:55   #297
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armido View Post
Kenomac,

Imagine how much less stressful your life would be if you sold the house and lived aboard year 'round. Wish I could, but can't. The building provides the income needed for cruising. Your perspectives, daily landscape and views would change. Perspectives and views, not likely. Landscape definitely. You would then be identified by the landlubbers as 'one of them'. Rightly or wrongly. Not likely.

armido
If you google search the address in the article I posted earlier 1 Water St. Haverhill, MA, you'll find that the bum in the article lives in very nice waterfront, high rise apartment building over looking the Merrimac River. The problem we have here in Massachusetts is that the Government mandates that a certain number of apartment units (usually 10%) be dedicated to low income, or in reality... no income housing. This ongoing policy has brought on the blight we now see in what was a very nice neighborhood. It can happen anywhere... there's no place to move away to where it won't happen. So we end up with the f&%ktard in the article high on crack, living right next door to anyone's grandparents, shooting arrows at them.

Again, this is the very same senario that happens to reponsible sailors in anchorages when the bums move in.
Old 25-05-2013, 13:20   #298

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
You know what you get when you collect a bunch of hobos, put them on a boat, and provide some leadership?

Pirates!
No,no,no....not pirates, astronauts!
Actually, methinks Rebel is doing okay so far for being in Mexico. Last time I was there I was accosted by a pickup truck full of guys with automatic weapons.....simply for trying to walk up to my plane to get some charts. I assure you that when judged by appearances those guys were bums.
Finally, it never occurred to me that being drunk on a boat would make me an astronaut but the idea is growing on me. I think I will write to Elon Musk and see if the idea will fly.

Todd
Old 25-05-2013, 13:36   #299

Quote:
If you google search the address in the article I posted earlier 1 Water St. Haverhill, MA, you'll find that the bum in the article lives in very nice waterfront, high rise apartment building over looking the Merrimac River. The problem we have here in Massachusetts is that the Government mandates that a certain number of apartment units (usually 10%) be dedicated to low income, or in reality... no income housing.

As it should be concentrating the poor in projects breeds crime gangs drug violence to the point that the cop lose all control. Spreading them out with section 8 and 226 etc is the way to go.Mass has good government.And the bum I was refering was in key west on his own registered boat..all be it a borderline derelict but it moves.
Old 25-05-2013, 13:44   #300
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Hobos Afloat

[QUOTE=Kenomac;1243929]
So we end up with the f&%ktard in the article high on crack, living right next door to anyone's grandparents, shooting arrows at them.
QUOTE]

Easy answer... the son or grandson should punch the ******* out one dark nite... and do it every time the arrows fly...
Even Crack heads have a pain barrier they don't like to cross

Born To Be Wild
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: