Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2013, 14:33   #271
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Hobos Afloat

so where does their sewage go?
Old 24-05-2013, 14:40   #272
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Hobos Afloat

There's tons of bird crap and oodles of fish crap... gator and Manitou crap... chemical drain of from fertilisers... not to mention the sewage outlets that feed crap back inshore on the flood tide and your worried about one old guys turd..
Its not the turd that damages... that's food...
its the bum fodder folk use by the ton that kills the bottom

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:41   #273

Boat: Norsea, center cockpit/aft cabin, 27'0"

Considering the toxic wastes, detrius, sewage and more dumped into the Gulf coast and communities with every hurricane, I'm surprised anyone living in the area imagines the sum total of human waste negligently discharged from pleasure craft matters. And, sources of water pollution originating from land based sewage spills due to flooding and or systemic failures eclipse quantities from boats. So, why the focus on boaters?
Old 24-05-2013, 14:47   #274
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Hobos Afloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
its the bum fodder folk use by the ton that kills the bottom
That sounds like IZAL....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:50   #275
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemotors View Post
City cracks down on liveaboard boaters | The News-Ledger

“The permit requires that you utilize a licensed facility for sanitary disposal,”

What, no composting allowed?? Only licensed facility is 20-50 miles away?

rules, laws, permits, licensing, inspections == we live in a police state.

Was hassled by police last year, my orange flag indicating swimmers in the water was not bright orange enough. Was at graduation ceremony the other day, police herded everyone out of stadium into parking lot, no pictures, can't do that, get out of the pretty stadium, we might hurt the grass.
I believe the west sac. sewer treatment plant is just on shore there at the turning basin. Raises the question, where does the tugs at the port pump out??

Yes more and more laws in the state. You need a permit for everything nowadays...
Old 24-05-2013, 14:52   #276

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
so where does their sewage go?
It goes to southern california.
California Aqueduct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 24-05-2013, 15:00   #277
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

While waste is an issue, I recently biked by a sign saying "caution sewage spill" taking my son to school.

The amount of waste discharged by every boat at every marina in Fl would be LESS than the amount spilled by the cities IF EVERY BOAT was lived on full time. We're taking millions of gallons spilled annually.

I don't want to say that raw sewage is not big deal and we should **** wherever, but it's a major red herring in the whole debate between waterfront property owners and boaters.
Old 24-05-2013, 15:05   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Here you go... second article:

Waterway Cruising Guide | Waterway Updates

"Where Will We Anchor In Florida?"

and here:

FWC News: FWC approves ordinance for anchoring/mooring pilot program in Martin Co.

The best part:

"A final part of the ordinance is a requirement to demonstrate compliance with marine sanitation laws by providing proof that marine sanitation devices have been pumped out within the 10 previous days."

That is incredibly true.

This is old hat. This issue have been fought out for years and is done. Why this is news is beyond me. Once again you can anchor anywhere in florida without issue except in or near the special mooring fields. 2 mooring balls in a harbour does not cut it. The areas that are getting permits are areas of heavy use. Mooring fields will allow greater use of the water for storage and in some harbors mooring where there was bad holding like key west. Yes free anchoring right next to downtown will suffer and those that are using there boats as houses might need to move if they can't afford the rent but the situation was critical. Seasteading on boats peeps got for free is common here and the taxpayer and other boaters didn't like it for all the reason people have already stated. For a town to pass restriction laws they have to provide infrastructure for boaters. So either it is free anchoring or more infrastructure
for boaters.Either way boaters win don't you think? i don't like it cuz am a live and let live unless its hurting me guy but compromise was crucial to stopping the cancer of unregulated unconstitutional anchor laws which would have ruined florida as a cruising destination and allowed the water cops to harass everyone anchoring out.Florida is a pretty big state and you need a car if you are living here and working. Hence you need parking which only comes with marinas. If your not working you really don't need to be downtown for very long. FYI before the cleanup started in Jan??? there where 2500 vessels reported as derelict in florida waterways. There was no line item in the state budget for wreck removable i believe so they were removed only if they had no choice and built up. Ammo for the shoreside property owners who would perfer the ocean was reserved for there megayachts. But yeah...Not news.
Old 24-05-2013, 15:29   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
While waste is an issue, I recently biked by a sign saying "caution sewage spill" taking my son to school.

The amount of waste discharged by every boat at every marina in Fl would be LESS than the amount spilled by the cities IF EVERY BOAT was lived on full time. We're taking millions of gallons spilled annually.

I don't want to say that raw sewage is not big deal and we should **** wherever, but it's a major red herring in the whole debate between waterfront property owners and boaters.
Its just like abortion and guns during an election years. Nothing will ever change so why talk about? Diversion from real issues. Shore owner cant come out and say "Hey I own the ocean and don't want you in it." at a public meeting can they so they say "Hey those guys are dumping..get rid of them.
If your long term at anchor or ball you basicly note in your log with receipt your last pumpout. They are free most places cuz they took state licence fee money i.e. fishing lic etc to buy the equipment and it creates a draw to visit the marina and buy food/gas whatever. So if you live full time don't dump in the harbor. Boot Key actually has fish and coral growing in it now. They have a boat as does Key West...You don't even have to move.
Old 24-05-2013, 15:40   #280

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

Quote:

It can certainly become an issue if water is not moving.

On the river, 23,000 cubic feet EVERY SECOND might be sufficient to dilute a little sewage from maybe 50 people. Sacramento has 500,000+ people, not sure what treatment they give the sewage before it leaves for southern california, but one can imagine that might have more effects.

And I note that I am charged $87 a month for water/sewage treatment, which I asked the county if I don't have to pay it when I'm not living in the house, and of course I have to pay it, it is essentially a homeowner tax for living in Sacramento. But I can save $3 if I get a smaller garbage can though.
Old 25-05-2013, 06:07   #281
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I live in an intercity neighborhood populated with several thousand deadbeats who haven't worked a day in their lives... Unless you count working the system. Next door on all four sides of us are section 8 Apartment housing units along with 5 methadone clinics... You can't believe the daily crap I have to put up with in order to go cruising 6 months of the year. We live right in the middle of this s%#t, and see it first hand.... another murder 200 yards away just last week.

For most of the entitled around here, their daily work consists of having to drag their sorry ass off the couch at the crack of 3pm to head down to the liquor store to buy a 24 pack of Beer with their EBT government welfare card, then take a cab home to sit on front of their 72 inch TV for the remainder of the day.
A short article about a land-based bum who lives 200 yards away from my place... from today's newspaper. Notice any similarities to the water-based bum next door on those floating bird toilets? This guy works all the angles... maid, armed therapy "service" guard dog, section 8 welfare apartment, free utilities including cable TV (big sign on the building)...

I just want to show the "bleeding hearts" how their tax money is being spent.

Man nabbed for shooting arrows at neighbor blames dog for gun, maid for crack pipe » Haverhill » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA
Old 25-05-2013, 06:12   #282
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

I guess you really have to read between the lines to make out all those financial details. For all I know, the guy could be a day trader?

those rent seeking landlord types sure love the government checks though. I notice how no one has a problem with government spending when the check has there name on it!
Old 25-05-2013, 06:22   #283
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

govt check is a steady check for regular reliable income.
landlords love steady income, doesnt matter who it is or what they do after the rent is paid regularly by us govt....
some are even known as slumlords....

having been friends with many in bad neighborhoods(where do you think real nurses live, anyway!!!) i know the only day trading there in those places are the daily trade of crack cocaine......lol day trade...
Old 25-05-2013, 06:22   #284
cruiser

Quote:
I guess you really have to read between the lines... For all I know, the guy could be a day trader?
Really? A day trader in what? Pharmaceuticals?
Old 25-05-2013, 06:30   #285
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
govt check is a steady check for regular reliable income.
landlords love steady income, doesnt matter who it is or what they do after the rent is paid regularly by us govt....
some are even known as slumlords....
Yeah right... It's the landlords fault. Whatever.... Did you even read the article before writing your nonesense?

The apartment building where the bum lives is actually a nice, well-kept building, hardly a slum... inhabited mostly by the elderly who are forced to live next to this human slime when govenment funds their lifestyle.
Closed Thread