Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2015, 12:35   #151

Boat: TBD
Re: Gay life: cruising and aboard a ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Ohhhh! Happy to meet you GaySailorBill, MarkStAug, Varlin, CristinaBruce, etc……..Will you please take me shopping!
As long as you want to go to the gun shop, or beer store or ...?

Old 29-03-2015, 12:37   #152
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Since I still don't understand what the gay sailing questions are why don't you tell us what you feel they are? And don't post gay general questions because that isn't this forum, this is a boating forum.
I'm still waiting.
Old 29-03-2015, 12:43   #153

Boat: CS 27

Many people have have stated they "don't care what you do in your bedroom... etc"

So would you be okay with a gay couple on your boat sitting on the deck with their arms around each other? Or is that too far?
Old 29-03-2015, 12:47   #154

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

And yes Randyor3, I have polygamist friends also. However they do not defend their right to live as they choose while simultaneously tramping on the rights of people that choose otherwise. If you want to be accepted then you are going to have to accept others that don’t necessarily share your religious beliefs.
There really is room for all, but it seems that some don’t let others belly up to the bar. Shame, because what a party it could be if all were included.
Old 29-03-2015, 12:48   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Ohhhh! Happy to meet you GaySailorBill, MarkStAug, Varlin, CristinaBruce, etc……..Will you please take me shopping!
you got guns and beer, i'll other my services in wine and cooking.
Old 29-03-2015, 12:52   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgo View Post
Many people have have stated they "don't care what you do in your bedroom... etc"

So would you be okay with a gay couple on your boat sitting on the deck with their arms around each other? Or is that too far?
I'd be ok
Old 29-03-2015, 12:55   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcStAug View Post
As long as you want to go to the gun shop, or beer store or ...?

Hmmmn Like beer. Not big on Gun Love. Oh wait! What kinda gun
Old 29-03-2015, 12:55   #158

Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisTinaBruce Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisTinaBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
Welcome to the motley crew ChrisTinaBruce!
Thank you Gadagirl & Prairie Chicken. I am enjoying the discussion. Hope you have a wonderful week. :-)
Old 29-03-2015, 12:56   #159

Quote:
I'm still waiting.
this is the "Liveaboard" thread on the "Cruisers Forum", we talk about life and our experiences of it, while cruising.

If I wanted to talk about sailing I would go to the "Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling" section of the Cruising Forum.

Please let me know if I need to spell this out further?
Old 29-03-2015, 12:58   #160

Boat: Little Harbor 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgo View Post

On my boat the is no PDA on deck in a marina or anchorage. It is not allowed to give the California Howdy to rude motor-heads either. It has to do with respect of other people.
Old 29-03-2015, 13:03   #161
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlan View Post
this is the "Liveaboard" thread on the "Cruisers Forum", we talk about life and our experiences of it, while cruising.

If I wanted to talk about sailing I would go to the "Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling" section of the Cruising Forum.

Please let me know if I need to spell this out further?
Yes please spell it out further and answer the question! This is the Liveaboard section of a boating forum and you asked about gay boating issues.

So what are your believed gay BOATING issues, or was the whole thread just a troll to start with?
Old 29-03-2015, 13:05   #162

Boat: CS 27

Quote:
Yes please spell it out further and answer the question! This is the Liveaboard section of a boating forum and you asked about gay boating issues.

So what are your believed gay BOATING issues, or was the whole thread just a troll to start with?
Are you okay with having gay people on your boat? What if they display affection towards each other? Is that going too far?
Old 29-03-2015, 13:07   #163

Quote:
I'm still waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaysailorbill View Post
Just to be clear on the kind of question that is gay cruiser oriented which we could not find anywhere...

"If the fishermen in the grenadines see me and my boyfriend kissing on deck in the morning will it cause a problem?"

"Will the immigration official in Jamaica give me a hard time if he thinks I'm gay, because I am an effeminate man."

"The Doyle guide says to get diesel here XX. But when we approached they saw we were a group of gay men due to the rainbow flag flying and they refused to service us. Do you know somewhere we can refuel that won't refuse us."

"The service i got in a boatyard on XX island found out that I was gay and indicated he would do the work but only if I gave him money in the side to keep him from telling the authorities. Should I be worried."

There are countless others.

I would not be able to find thhe answers to these questions on any gay travel forum... And possibly not in this one. Though I would try. And then I'd have to wade through the bull postings from the chattering hordes and maybe find an answer.

Or God forbid I ever wanted to meet other gay cruisers... Then where would I go? (And trust me there is as much difference of opinion on all issues among gay fold as there is among our straight comrades.)

Here's your answer, clear enough?
Old 29-03-2015, 13:13   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightPlan View Post
On my boat the is no PDA on deck in a marina or anchorage. It is not allowed to give the California Howdy to rude motor-heads either. It has to do with respect of other people.
I absolutely respect your position and regretfully agree with your position. But, could you not revers that argument?

I must wonder, though, at what point does ones right out way the right of other, and reversely at what point do the right's of other out way the right of one?

Most of the rules we have are to protect ourselves, be it from events or from others. When it comes to protecting ourselves from other, we are forced to curb our behavior to appease the majority or the minority. The ultimate question is at what point does that appeasement becomes unreasonable.
Old 29-03-2015, 13:24   #165

Boat: Little Harbor 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlan View Post
I absolutely respect your position and regretfully agree with your position. But, could you not revers that argument?

I must wonder, though, at what point does ones right out way the right of other, and reversely at what point do the right's of other out way the right of one?

Most of the rules we have are to protect ourselves, be it from events or from others. When it comes to protecting ourselves from other, we are forced to curb our behavior to appease the majority or the minority. The ultimate question is at what point does that appeasement becomes unreasonable.
It's my boat, I am the Captain! We don't take polls or form committees to make the decisions on my boat. I always recommend guests to bring their own floatation device if they object to orders from the Captain. Go to you stateroom and party but I don't want my boat to be a spectacle. You must be new to boat ownership to not understand the chain of command. There has to be discipline at all times.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, gay