Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2015, 06:20   #31

Boat: Camano Troll
Re: Fort Lauderdale Overnight vs Liveaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
.............Most dock owners wants to keep a low profile because of the above and having boat owners camp out on their boats in somebody's backyard is not cool as the neighbors would call code enforcement in a hearthbeat, invasion of privacy and all..
How would living or "staying" aboard a boat be "invasion of privacy" ?

Living aboard a boat in a particular location is either against the law or not. Calling the authorities to complain about something that is lawful is pointless.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:54   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Quote:
Originally Posted by noatylo View Post
...................... Do u have any suggestions on where I could look or whom I could talk to, about renting a pet-friendly, liveaboard slip, from a Marina or pvt residence, from Las Olas, Ft. Lauderdale, anywhere Broward to Miami Dade.. Best regards

Noa
Noatylo@me.com
I could have some ideas for you, but I don't know what vertical clearance you require. Can you get under the I-95 55' fixed bridge up the New River?
Old 06-03-2015, 15:53   #33

Hello Noa,
If when you say " house boat" you mean a vessel that was not intended to do any sailing, open ocean navigation, serious fishing, etc. you are looking for a berth other than one a standard, sea going 40 foot vessel can accept. To be certain you have the correct term ( "houseboat" ) go to this site Houseboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and determine if what you read fits the description of what you have. A boat one can " live on " does not necessarily qualify as a " houseboat".
A " houseboat " is extremely limited in its capacities . In other words, a conventional 40 foot sail or powerboat would be without problems in berths/docks/moorings/ anchoring facilities a " houseboat " would find horrible and in some instances quie dangerous - for all sorts of reasons. That said, Fred at the e mail address below is in the business of brokering and finding docks and berths for those looking for them. He is very good at what he does. It should be said, however, that $800 per month for a live aboard berth in Fort Lauderdale is not at all unreasonable. So, look before you leap.

fred0531@aol.com

Best Wishes,
HV

Quote:
Originally Posted by noatylo View Post
Hi, hope u are doing well. I stumbled across a posting of yours from 2012, and hoping u could possibly give me some helpful suggestions or advice. I'm very new to the boating lifestyle/community, just bought a houseboat (47ft) a month ago, and moved to Ft. Lauderdale without much of an idea of what and where and how, all I know is, is that Its an adventure, and I'm gonna like it.

The boat is currently on Hendricks Isle, at the property of whom I bought it from. It has a lot of potential, but it's been neglected and needs a lot of work, mostly inside, the outside looks great. The monthly slip rental here is $800, with no cable, no wifi, a pump out that doesn't work, and turns out we don't quite get along, and I've really tried. Anyway, I was thinking that money could be better spent on the updating and upgrading of the boat than on just a slip, and I pretty much have to be out of here in a couple days. Do u have any suggestions on where I could look or whom I could talk to, about renting a pet-friendly, liveaboard slip, from a Marina or pvt residence, from Las Olas, Ft. Lauderdale, anywhere Broward to Miami Dade.. Best regards

Noa
Noatylo@me.com
Habana Vieja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fort lauderdale, liveaboard