Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 26-11-2011, 13:22   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat

You're going touring by donkey?
That depends on where the wind takes us!

Old 29-11-2011, 08:31   #47

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
Re: For Those Who Live Aboard

We have a SURECAL 6 lit 750 watt calorifier set at 80c so Sal and I can have a shower and Sal wash her hair no probs also we can use it on the gen set at anchor

Old 06-12-2011, 16:55   #48

Boat: Matlack, Trawler, 48 ft

Navy showers are the norm aboard. We have a wireless printer that we stow until we need to print. Then we just plug it in and print.
Old 06-12-2011, 19:10   #49
Do… or do not

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Long hot showers and Canon Pixma IP100 mobile printer.

cheers,
Nick.
Old 06-12-2011, 20:30   #50

Well SV Jedi People will be Jealous of our heads lol
Old 25-12-2011, 07:14   #51

While cruising, having enough water aboard is more my concern. I usually have plenty of hot water from running the engine. It seems I waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to arrive for showers or washing dishes so I have been considering installing a diversion system for diverting the unheated water in the pipes back into the water tank while waiting for the hot water to arrive at the sink, or shower head. Has anyone installed such a system?
Old 25-12-2011, 07:39   #52
Do… or do not

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Dog Watch View Post
While cruising, having enough water aboard is more my concern. I usually have plenty of hot water from running the engine. It seems I waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to arrive for showers or washing dishes so I have been considering installing a diversion system for diverting the unheated water in the pipes back into the water tank while waiting for the hot water to arrive at the sink, or shower head. Has anyone installed such a system?
That is one of the most popular upgrades done on Sundeers You can also lead it back to the cold water inlet of the pump, creating a loop. Open the valve until you feel warm water passing.

cheers,
Nick.
Old 26-12-2011, 18:31   #53

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

I guess your Montreal location is a major factor. We stay far enough south in the winter that we don't need to heat much water and our 10 gallon water heater does more than we need. I used o keep a HP printer in a locker where, with the door slid open, the paper tray could extend out of thge cabinet for use. I ditched the printer a few years back and can do all I need without paper.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07   #54
cruiser

Boat: Catalac, sailing catamaran, 10 meters

for those who liveaboard - this thread confuses me, liveaboard is about showers and hot ones on top of that, my advise, if you cant solve that one without a forum well dont think of liveaboard LIFE unless the funds allow condominium the mar. But let me put in my 5 cents, i suggest mozambican shower for all liveaboards, take a bucket, calculate first of all how much water you can spare to waist depending if you are on passage or island hopping where there is water, fill the liters calculated and simply heave water with caneka (small jug 1iter), wet your body, soap, then rinse using jug again. Advatages many, you got mobile shower, cn do it in head, even on front deck in dark when anchored out.....
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21   #55
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: For Those Who Live Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirimbas View Post
for those who liveaboard - this thread confuses me, liveaboard is about showers and hot ones on top of that, my advise, if you cant solve that one without a forum well dont think of liveaboard LIFE unless the funds allow condominium the mar. But let me put in my 5 cents, i suggest mozambican shower for all liveaboards, take a bucket, calculate first of all how much water you can spare to waist depending if you are on passage or island hopping where there is water, fill the liters calculated and simply heave water with caneka (small jug 1iter), wet your body, soap, then rinse using jug again. Advatages many, you got mobile shower, cn do it in head, even on front deck in dark when anchored out.....
God... your so 19th century...
Us Modern Sailors use Solar Showers... (Mod's please install a 'Smug' Icon)

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35   #56
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
sounds like luxury,all i ever give the crew is a bucket,dish washing liquid,and 1/2 liter of fresh water to rinse off with!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:31   #57

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

AHHHH they do make bigger water heaters !! 10 and even bigger!! and you know you can make em fit if long showers are your thing. The wife and I made do with 6gals for years, and then one day I was walking thru West marine (you know how it is when ya get old) and low and behold there was a 10 gal water heater right there and it wasen't that much bigger then the 6 we had !! we now can take those Long showers you talk about !!(as long as your water lasts !!) just my 2 cents Bob and Connie
Old 01-01-2012, 13:46   #58

Thanks Bob and Connie, nothing like a hot shower on a cold morning
Old 01-01-2012, 15:00   #59
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:

I think that's harsh. There are a lot of things to learn when living aboard. How to shower comfortably is one of dozens, and I see nothing wrong with getting ideas from others. Sorry, but I don't see a problem with asking about this.
Old 01-01-2012, 15:07   #60
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

water heaters leak. that means water comes out and goes away. i use solar showers in my formosa. if i need to wash me while underway, i use small baths. not showers. try to shower while in a wild seaway. doesnt work.

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: