Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey
You who have given no explain at all, only riddles.
....and here I thought that I was explaining more about how I manage fulltime liveaboard
cruising than what would have resulted by checking a box. I must be weak today with my communication skills to be thought of a posting
riddles. I'll try again to present some clear steps indentifying how someone like myself with a mediocre income
manages early retirement
and fulltime cruising. Nothing clandestine, convoluted, twisted,- no riddles, 'just a focused plan that worked for me and my family
1. I set my goal for living on a sailboat when I was twelve.
2. I kept meager savings for this goal, but still left college in debt.
3. I married an awesome woman who I managed to infect with the plan
4. We financed a small boat as a liveaboard
while both working.
5. We never took on ownership
of houses, real estate, etc.
6. We put funds into retirement
savings from a young age.
7. We cruised with our two children
on a 33' boat for 13 years
8. We bought a used 41' as our children
9. We continued aboard for well over 40 yrs. spending less than earned
10. We drove cheap
cars for work & have had no cars since 2002.
Sure, I could say that I fulltime cruise
by retirement income
, but that short answer would not be informative. The short answer would be the riddle!